• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Hi

Yjmirskaen

What do you call yourself?
Usually just Yjmir or Kal. Kal tending towards my OOC tag for those that know me beyond just RP.

How'd you find Star Army?
Basically word of mouth from a friend who frequents this forum.

What interested you in joining?
Love of RP and desire to write more frequently than my current schedule would allow with more "live" RP sessions such as tabletop or MMO based events and such.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Frequently, and for years. I think I started when I was about 15 or 16 and have kept on with it into my mid twenties.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
Previous experiences are weird because they are usually just "oh hey remember this terrible thing from way back when? Hahaha..." then the mood is all weird and no one likes that. I will say that I got my start in pure pvpve perma death RP stuff, so my level of immersion and investment in characters is slightly less as a result. You don't want to get to attached to something that might not be there tomorrow after all. But I don't really prefer that style of RP over more, say freeform stuff.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? - I usually play male characters with the exception of my longer running multi setting one of Yjmir. She or They depending on the setting. Sometimes we if I am spicy.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? - I generally like to know at least a bit of ground work for what a scene entails since it gives me time to get into the right mindset but spontaneous RP works too if im given enough details to work with.
  • Military or civilian characters? - Civilian in the sense they are not associated with a standing military outside of a contract level. Though military in nature due to the inherent mercenary style work done.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? - Aliens. Humans are boring. Fight me.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? - I find a starship has more interesting opportunities. Planets are the visitation sites of the galactic road trip after all.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? - Both.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:

-So I feel the need to preface this one slightly with an explanation of what I mentioned earlier about how I learned to RP. The game was built around the idea that characters could, and would kill one another in the course of a story via wars, battles, assassinations, and general misfortune. As a result, you had to have power that was measurable and balanceable. So everyone had levels, points, and health. To get levels, admins read your posts and assigned you points based on word count, detail, and subject matter. Slice of life didn't net you points like a bloody fist fight did. Keep that in mind when I put these levels down.
  • Language: 3
  • Violence:3
  • Sexuality:2
What's something cool you'd love to RP?

Abandoned ship full of hostile alien entities lurking in the dark while a team is forced to obtain an objective deep within that possibly incited the destruction to begin with. Original I know.

I love the level of detail you gave and what you like to get into sounds very fun. I love a combat-oriented recruit! In a bit if you still haven't found your place and are open to joining up with the in-universe military, the Star Army of Yamatai, shoot me a message here.

I love the level of detail you gave and what you like to get into sounds very fun. I love a combat-oriented recruit! In a bit if you still haven't found your place and are open to joining up with the in-universe military, the Star Army of Yamatai, shoot me a message here.
Hey, I’m always open to stuff of that nature though the over all idea is that Yjmir is a contractor. So she is currently deployed on the Bastion as a ship security officer, but she would have the funds to travel for joint operations, training, meetings for joint optics etc. So as long as that works, I think it’s a great idea to be more involved in military side of things.

Sorry I didn't say welcome in here earlier! Happy to have you!

Hi Yjmir! Welcome to Star Army forum! It's great to have you here. I meant to reply to this a LOT earlier and just rediscovered this thread.

I love your enthusiasm for RP and your interest in writing. Text-based roleplaying can be a lot of fun and allows for more flexibility in terms of scheduling. It sounds like you have a lot of experience in this area, which is always a plus.

In terms of character preferences, it's great that you play a mix of male and female characters, with some other-gendered characters thrown in. Variety is always interesting! And I completely agree that aliens can often be more intriguing than humans, so it's cool that you lean towards playing alien characters. Starships do offer a lot of exciting opportunities for RP, so I can understand why you enjoy being on a starship more than being on a planet. This is the main vehicle of RP in Star Army so that works out great.

Both spontaneous and planned RP can be fun in their own ways, so it's awesome that you're open to both. And I'm glad to hear that you enjoy both forum posts and real-time RP.

I love your idea for an RP scenario with an abandoned ship full of hostile alien entities. It sounds intense and suspenseful, and I'm sure it would make for a thrilling story!

Once again, belated welcome to Star Army forum, and I hope you have a fantastic time here! Can we set up an RP soon? I'm on break right now and probably have some time tomorrow to JP or start an RP thread.

Yeah so this is the part where if you ever show the least bit of interest I will begin a campaign of gaslighting you until you submit and join all my plots!

Welcome! If you ever want to die horribly as a marine or play as a mutant(better than humans, best species in the setting a percentage of the community agrees are the best ever and only species worth making characters of!) piloting mechs and blowing stuff up with lasers and missiles~

RPG-D RPGfix
Back