• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

hiiiii I'm Kat!

nyankat

Inactive Member
What do you call yourself?
Last

How'd you find Star Army?
Kat is fine! I'm also @nyankat on discord

What interested you in joining?
I'd heard about this place more than a decade ago but never really got to play. I've really been wanting to get back into RPing and writing recently while healing from some bad work burnout, and got a reminder about this place at the right time!

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Yes! I've been doing forum and video game RP for a long time, but it's been a while since I participated in anything because work ate my life.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
I used to run the busiest RP bar in Anarchy Online when that was still a thing and I felt like it was such a big deal when I was playing it, lol.

Also, I've tried to work on and off on designing and building an RP-centered web-based MUD with a game system that reads like regular RP but has interesting rolling mechanics, but the project will probably never actually happen. I just like poking at it every so often.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? I lean towards non-binary characters
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? Both are great! I've done more spontaneous RP, though
  • Military or civilian characters? Why not both? As long as there's fun people to interact with
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? Probably more humans and androids but j could do anthro too
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? Both sound really fun! I'd love to start with starship stuff first though
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? Both work great for me. I'm more used to real-time, though
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 2
  • Violence: 2
  • Sexuality: 2
(But I'm comfortable with any level)

What's something cool you'd love to RP?

I'd actually love to eventually run a thread/JP with some special game rules where players are allowed to (within limits) take control of other characters while they write, because I think it can really improve story flow!

I also really like using RP to play with gender and identity because I'm queer af

Welcome to SARP! It’s great to see new members join (as always), we already spoke a bit on discord and you already know this but there is quite a bit of options in plots.

I am curious in what a video rp means? Or how it works? Kinda twitch streaming or Skype ?

Anyway do ask us questions as we are a lovely and supportive community 😇 again welcome!

Welcome to Star Army.

I am Nashoba, a member of the staff.

Take some time and check out the site and the various plots that are currently running. I would also suggest that you check out our Discord, You will find lots of folks there who can help you find a plot that you will enjoy.

Welcome to Star Army.

Feel free to reach out on discord if I can be of any assistance. Enjoy the experience!

You seem really cool and I'm happy to have you here and I hope I get to be your friend as well as get some RP with your characters.

Welcome, thank you for messaging me about room on the kaiyo, I can't wait for you to join up :] Mission beginnings are the best time to join my missions imo for a new player. We're not in the throes of anything yet and are still doing a briefing rn. Enjoy making that character! ^^

Feel free to DM me to let me know, too, the forum bot DMs me for convo PMs on the forum and I get a cool alert ;]

In terms of the thread idea you had, you could probably either run an open plot and discuss with your players, or a jp like you said

RPG-D RPGfix
Back