• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

hiiiii I'm Kat!

nyankat

Inactive Member
What do you call yourself?
Last

How'd you find Star Army?
Kat is fine! I'm also @nyankat on discord

What interested you in joining?
I'd heard about this place more than a decade ago but never really got to play. I've really been wanting to get back into RPing and writing recently while healing from some bad work burnout, and got a reminder about this place at the right time!

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Yes! I've been doing forum and video game RP for a long time, but it's been a while since I participated in anything because work ate my life.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
I used to run the busiest RP bar in Anarchy Online when that was still a thing and I felt like it was such a big deal when I was playing it, lol.

Also, I've tried to work on and off on designing and building an RP-centered web-based MUD with a game system that reads like regular RP but has interesting rolling mechanics, but the project will probably never actually happen. I just like poking at it every so often.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? I lean towards non-binary characters
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? Both are great! I've done more spontaneous RP, though
  • Military or civilian characters? Why not both? As long as there's fun people to interact with
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? Probably more humans and androids but j could do anthro too
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? Both sound really fun! I'd love to start with starship stuff first though
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? Both work great for me. I'm more used to real-time, though
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 2
  • Violence: 2
  • Sexuality: 2
(But I'm comfortable with any level)

What's something cool you'd love to RP?

I'd actually love to eventually run a thread/JP with some special game rules where players are allowed to (within limits) take control of other characters while they write, because I think it can really improve story flow!

I also really like using RP to play with gender and identity because I'm queer af

Welcome to SARP! It’s great to see new members join (as always), we already spoke a bit on discord and you already know this but there is quite a bit of options in plots.

I am curious in what a video rp means? Or how it works? Kinda twitch streaming or Skype ?

Anyway do ask us questions as we are a lovely and supportive community 😇 again welcome!

Welcome to Star Army.

I am Nashoba, a member of the staff.

Take some time and check out the site and the various plots that are currently running. I would also suggest that you check out our Discord, You will find lots of folks there who can help you find a plot that you will enjoy.

Welcome to Star Army.

Feel free to reach out on discord if I can be of any assistance. Enjoy the experience!

You seem really cool and I'm happy to have you here and I hope I get to be your friend as well as get some RP with your characters.

Welcome, thank you for messaging me about room on the kaiyo, I can't wait for you to join up :] Mission beginnings are the best time to join my missions imo for a new player. We're not in the throes of anything yet and are still doing a briefing rn. Enjoy making that character! ^^

Feel free to DM me to let me know, too, the forum bot DMs me for convo PMs on the forum and I get a cool alert ;]

In terms of the thread idea you had, you could probably either run an open plot and discuss with your players, or a jp like you said

RPG-D RPGfix
Back