• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

[HINOMARU SUNRISES] A Voice Through The Evening Clouds - The Signal from E-6 (Yuuki)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
YE 43
RP Location
Gemini Star Fortress
Gemini Star Fortress
Jiyuu System
Command Office

Almost every single docking arm on Gemini was full, the battered First Expeditionary Fleet ships back in from Glimmergold, which included the YSS Tokyo which was probably the biggest job that Gemini faced since the ship's construction, locked onto its custom arm-end docking port the teams from Yugumo Fleetworks and Ketsurui Fleet Yards had already dug in hard into what was going to be over three months in repairs. Motoyoshi-Yamada Ayano, the Chujo set to become the new Taisho for the fleet had her work cut out for her as Taisa from across the fleet made their demands and sent their cases for the priority of repair. Once again, the Yugumo Workers Federation had brought in the teams they had assembled to construct the Tokyo; only now they had a lot more than the Dreadnought to worry about. "Just get it done..." Ayano brushed a volumetric window away and closed communication.

It was a day and her eighth mug of green tea, she glanced up from her desk and noticed Vixx-Shoi, Gemini's Communication's officer at the entry to her door. "Oh-no I'm so sorry, Ellie come on in. I just have a heavy workload today, you wanted to see me?" She motioned to the chair on the other side of her desk and sat back down herself. She engaged her SPINE because the only way she was going to get anything done would be to multitask.

"I could have come back later, Taisho...I mean still Chujo, right?" Ellie smiled and sat down in the offered chair, her fox-like tail swung slowly and happily behind her.

Ayano just shook her head, even if the promotion had come through she was too busy to do anything about it. "Chujo, for now," she said, "What can I do for you Ellie?" she inquired.

"In my free time, I've been reviewing the communications survey we did - the analysis you wanted to see if any Kuvexian transmissions were originating or being sent to the Akuro Nebula. Well..." Ellie didn't want to take the Chujo's time, she was obviously very busy. "I didn't find any Kuvexian communications, but I did find something else. There is a signal coming from the E-6 System; it's something we've never seen before. At first, I actually thought it was one of ours..." she stopped talking, she would let the Chujo decide if it was worth her time or not.

Ayano stopped multi-tasking, her black fuzzy ears twitched slightly as she gave her attention fully to the Communication's Officer and said," It's something that doesn't involve a busted up starship, I'm listening." She took another sip from her mug and gave a nod for the Shoi to continue.

Ellie was actually a little shocked that Ayano wanted to hear what she had to say, she reached for her Type 43 Science Pad, something she had secured for herself the second it came out; the luxury of being the communications officer for one of the Star Army's busiest Star Fortress gave her an in on various logistics shipments and technology bulletins. "As I was saying, at first I thought it was one of ours. The signal is very sophisticated, to be honest, I think the system generating it is sentient and definitely has a quantum computing suite behind it." She used her pad to project the volumetric presentation she had made which showed the E-6 Star System and a breakdown analysis of the signal which she had intercepted.

The Chujo took another sip from her mug, she enjoyed little presentations like this - it was going to become a thing, she decided.

Ellie continued, the PANT-IES analysis of the transmission was detailed, and yet at the same time beyond its sophistication it lacked anything recognizable, it was completely alien. "There are all kinds of information in the transmission; at first I thought it was gibberish, and the heuristics scan identified it as a language but it is something that not even PANTHEON seems to be able to tackle," she explained with a puzzled shake of her head, "The signal is very compact, compressed and has some kind of encryption key that runs through it. There are images, and hat looks like data logs, while we can't read the information I've concluded after some consultation with Information Technology and Intelligence; that it is structured like a report. It never sends the same information twice." Ellie finished her presentation, and retrieved the top of the Chujo's desk, and bowed her head to pause and wait for some kind of reaction.

Ayano was a fan of mysteries, she had investigated her own share of unexplainable while under the command of Katsuko in the Fifth Expeditionary Fleet. She smiled again to Ellie and gave a reaffirming nod, "Interesting information, Shoi. For something done in a side project, I'm impressed. I'm not sure what I have to throw at it though. The Task Pool is stretched with a lot of our main-line ships out of service." She reopened her connection with the computer, "Hmm...." she considered for a moment, "Send a message to Motoyoshi Kaoru-Taisa, they are at Yamatai for Victory Day. It looks like we have an assignment for the YSS Mazu." The Chujo stood up and Ellie was quick to follow suit, "Dismissed, and good work Vixx-Shoi."

1611810851807.png
The Plot Lays Ahead...

Intro Music - (79) Divebomb - YouTube

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back