• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Holiday Gifts You Love?

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
We were talking about some Christmas gifts we got this year in discord and I remembered there is usually a thread about this sort of thing every other year or so.

I am typing this on my gift, an MSI trident x plus with a IPS nono color gaming monitor. I don't really know what all of that means, it's a gaming PC and nice monitor since I'm a professional gamer now. I also got some wool socks I REALLY like. All about that winter comfort. My grandma got me a few paintbrushes I really wanted and my mother in law got me some super high quality watercolor paper, too.

One thing I like about giving gifts and getting gifts is the receiver can be getting something they really like that they didn't even know they wanted or something they really needed that is still a surprise :]

What did you get for Christmas that really is exciting to you?

Paintings of my children, done by my sister. W in his hat and holding a car, S in her lemon dress. I'll put them up this weekend.

Gifts, mmm we dont really do gifts. But I guess it was the moments that we, as family, were together and laughed, talked and such. That on itself is a gift for me.

Honestly the best Gift I got if you could call it that was a job, which of I start tomorrow and also I gave myself the gift early of a new computer when mine died as well as an expansion of Sims.

My family lives too far away to do Xmas so normally it's on me to do it for myself.

Oh and 50.00 dollar gift card from my Sister. :3

Nice drawing, what a thoughtful gift...

I spent Christmas in Vancouver this year; my adopted family here doesn't do much for Christmas. I was sad I didn't get to go to Alberta this year, but it was not all that bad. Anyway, I got the hardcover series of Expanse (yes, my favorite sci-fi) books as a present from one of my good friends.

20191227_183720.jpg

20191227_183513.jpg

Also I was super happy to get these from @Ametheliana ! I got a huge smile on my face when I opened it. This is so incredibly thoughtful and unique. Even my family hasn't got me Star Army gifts. Huge thank you to you Ame.

I know how much you like your Star Army mug so I thought adding to that would be a good idea :]

That Yui piece was fun to work on, I think I worked on it for about a week and it was, again, just really fun to make!

I'm glad you like them both, Wes! You didn't have to include that stuff but thank you for doing so, it's cute and sweet of you. I hope you know how much you mean to everyone here and how much you keeping Star Army going when it's not always easy to do so means. Everyone here appreciates that a whole lot, thank you.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back