• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Gaming Homeworld Remastered Collection

I've always wanted to play these games. Maybe this would be a good time to get them.

My only problem is my computer is messed up (melted my video card) so I don't know if I can actually play them.

Imma tell you right now, Wes, totally worth buying a new video card to play Homeworld. As far as I'm concerned it's the best RTS series of all time. To date there has been no better game in the genre!

But the set does also come with the classic versions of the games which should run on about anything these days.

Original Homeworld Intro:

I'm not the biggest video gamer in the world, but I have to agree with Gunny. I was absolutely amazed by the experience these games gave me when I played them (wow, 15 years ago!), both in terms of their grand story and the feeling they gave you of being in command of a vast fleet of starships. :)

For a nice comparison, someone's posted the original game footage and the remastered game footage side by side, really get a good sense of how much the graphics and audio have been improved O_O

Gearbox have developed the unfortunate habit of screwing up any IP not of their creation. No pre-order, no sale until solid reviews come in.

Although, in this case though they handed over the bulk of the work for the remastered edition to Blackbird Interactive, which is the original Homeworld dev team from Relic rather than just work on it themselves.

New trailer for Homeworld 2 :3 just a few more days!

Homeworld 2 Remastered Story Trailer (Homeworld Remastered Collection):

RPG-D RPGfix
Back