• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Homing/Returning Knife

Ethereal

Banned Member
Submission RP Example
https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/threads/new-product-line-available.69409/#post-429850
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:iis:magic_missile
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
  2. Outlaws (Independent)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
#2 in IIS' new "Catacombs & Creatures" inspired product line.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
What kind of thrusters are we talking about here?

Ion or grav, I'd assume. I don't actually know what you like people to use nowadays so I left it fairly ambiguous. Grav would be easiest but there's an admin note on the gravimetrics page to not use it, so what do you think?

Edit: Whatever Nodal Support Bits use would probably be easiest.

Last edited:
Origin Blade Works has listed a Gravitic Drive as an option for weapons for a long time. That this has a IIS version seems reasonable to me.

Gravitic Drive: Weapons with a gravitic drive can fly under their own power. The speed, acceleration, and turning radius of the system depend upon the size and shape of the weapon it is mounted on, with chakrams, swords, daggers, and light spears having the best performance and mobility. The gravitic drive is typically paired with a mind link, to allow for the host to control the weapon's flight pattern.

In terms of the Kuvexian Equivalent materials mentioned, I assume you mean - Standard Kuvexian Materials on Star Army Space Roleplay . I guess my question is how is IIS getting Kuevexian materials? Also is this not just using "Kuevexian Equivalent" to bypass Yamatai's restrictions on Yamatianum and Zesuanium for the non-SAoY versions of these products?

This has been sitting since the 24th of last month, any action on the suggested changes and inquiries?

Honestly, that poses a good question, with the Kuvexian market open, what does it mean for Yamatai's citizens and the ownership or use of restricted materials? My guess is that the government would still try to regulate it, or it would try to keep it on the down low. I personally see no issue in you using the material it just poses a question of how Yamatai or agencies within Yamatai would react to things like Domo (Yamataium) and Vasutara (Zesuanium) being around for non-military use. Also makes me wonder if agencies like SAINT would be chiming in. It- Probably a good discussion elsewhere.

Anyway, this brings up some questions - not really impacting the review.

As I know Wes is busy, I will finish up the review process. The thruster clarification was made, and while the material stuff brings up questions it is for another place and another time.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and the article template. Is all the information for struct present?
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and credited in the OOC section.
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Approved

Please remember to fill out the struct and link in appropriately. @Ethereal

I'm not sure why SAINT in particular would be involved, but it certainly does raise an interesting point. Like, those materials are similar in properties to the Yamataian equivalents, but they aren't the same or produced by the same process. Yamatai could impose some protectionist trade policies to limit it but then you'd have to think why you actually would if they're not restricted Yam tech. Also whether that'd be an SAOY call or not given it's not military tech or restricted tech at that point, it's banning a foreign commercial product.

Anyways, it'd probably best put in another thread. Will wait for Wes' review on materials and edit as appropriate. Will update content/struct.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back