• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission [Horizon] Adaptive Ship Assistant Drone

club24

Everything Is Magical
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=corp:galactic_horizon:gh-o1-1d_adaptive_ship_assistant_drone
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Neshaten
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
so here is a basic lil helper drone you can duct tape to a ship, im gonna be using them sometime soon for a GH ship but no idea how long it will take, also in this article I've stated it has a scaled down version of a weapon GH makes but if that doesn't work then I'll just remove it or make something else.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Some general questions before I get into the nitty gritty:

Is the Dusk AI normally able to handle automated functioning or is this something unique to this restricted build of the Dusk AI for this piece of equipment?

I don't think mentioning the Shooting Star Machine Gun is halved in its DR in a footnote is adequate enough of an explanation for what could effectively be considered a new weapon. What are you willing to do about this?

What armor material is this actually using? What is the frame made of? I know it is electromagnetic, but that is all.

I don't think it exhibits the features of a piece of equipment that is damage rating of 4, so I am hoping the material can save it. If you could also briefly explain in this thread why you think it deserves to be DR 4. I am hoping that could help me understand your reasoning.

As it says on the dusk page, the ai was built from the ground up with autonomous control in mind, the job of dusk is to control things which is why its also featured in some horizon vehicles such as the URSA, they just don't sell the full version of the ai to stop people stealing it.

As for the weapon i did have a feeling that would be the case, I'll remove it and see about perhaps using a different weapon with a dr closer to what i wanted so no biggie there

As for armour I'll admit i forgot about the whole materials thing, in my mind i think it was just going to be a basic metal frame, probably iron or steel electromagnetically charged, and for the dr rating i was just basing that on the fact that t3 is just heavy body armour so t4 could be achieved by having some thick metal shell. And given that every other weapon being used in space is equal or higher its hardly invincible in a combat scenario, if common metals wouldn't be able to achieve this though i can drop it back as requested.

i changed out the weapon for the Hypershift chaingun instead which also happens to be Tier6 however its a smaller gun and could attach to the frame much easier, i gave it the energy ammo since they work better in space but are also less accurate and it only holds one belt at a time.

Once you've made a decision on the material for its shell rating I can change that

I've decided to revoke this, partly because i've heard nothing from literally anyone about it in a month and partly because i decided i don't really need or want it anymore, mostly the wait times though

If you want, we can get this worked on today and I'll do everything I can to make sure it gets through submissions asap, without pushing you too fast, @club24. I apologize for not coming back to this, it will not evade me any longer, unless you are determined to abandon.

As far as DR, it would fit securely in 4 if it was a quarter of a meter bigger, or it can pass for it as it is now with no problem for me.

Thank you for answering my questions. I am sorry I left this :/ I don't mind pings of my username in submissions at all btw.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back