• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Horizon] Balaena Industrious Platform

club24

Everything Is Magical
This vehicle is, as it mentions on the page, part of a larger project I am working on for Horizon and in fact USO as a whole, there is RP behind the mentioned scheme as well in the form of a jp that was posted earlier in case anyone was wondering if it exists IC yet.

I will be submitting a separate set of pages for the equipment to go with this vehicle later and then linking them at the bottom of the article, but decided to submit this one as it can operate by itself without the equipment addons.

Tagging @Zack for approval

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I totally overlooked that. @Zack have you started working on this submission? If not, don't worry about giving it a checklist, it just needs your FM stamp and/or any changes.

A diff mod should take the checklist aspect and overall approval/rejection of the submission.

IIRC there is no rule against FMs reviewing stuff made for their own faction, you're just supposed to not review your own stuff. But I'll let someone else take this.

USO FM approval is given.

quick update, i changed the name of the vehicle and have also edited the wiki links of the thread so it should still work when you click on them

Oh look a flatbed.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ Yes ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ Yes ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ Yes ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ Yes ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ Yes ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ Yes ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ Yes ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ Yes ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ No ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
  1. Template requests DR. Yep. :/
[ Yes ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:
  1. DR. This is mostly for an IC reference on how sturdy it is. Yes, rocks cause damage. Would a falling rock instantly break the flatbed or would it harmlessly deflect? That's my reasoning for requesting DR.
  2. (IGNORE THIS) Technically the passenger capacity is as many as you can fit on the back. :p
  3. Create a list of addons that can be used for the Balaena a la Mindy Addons article. Put it under Standard Equipment. This is for futureproofing!

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

I was going off the Civi vehicle template which does not have DR on it so my bad I can go add that in, as for the addons I have already finished 2 which ill be submitting when this is all done since, this vehicle can operate without them i figured id do it all separately

also one of these extras is a passenger module so fear not meta ^^

Re-Reviewing:

[ Yes ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.

IT SURVIVED! And it's approved!

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ lol k ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ lol k ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ lol k ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ lol k ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ lol k ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back