• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Horizon] Environmental Starship Shield

club24

Everything Is Magical
Submission Type: Shield system
Template Used: none
Submission WIP URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?...zon:gh-s1-s4000_environmental_starship_shield
Submission Destination URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?...zon:gh-s1-s4000_environmental_starship_shield

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? (Yes
Faction requires art? (Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? no
Contains New art? no
Previously Submitted? no

Notes:

so basically, it defends against big space rocks and ripped up starship, and also stops spooky nebulas and electrical attacks which would fry it

i feel like im missing stuff but cant think of what so please let me know

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that shields don't have a tier of their own, but instead match the tier of the ship they're on. Now, I can understand this getting in the way of the whole "bad against damage" shield thing you're trying to go for, so let me offer this suggestion.

Instead of assigning the shield system a tier, you could have it varying depending on generator size. The weakness to damage could be fluff, or if you want you could explicitly state that it only defends against X things in any effective manner.

Shields not having their own tier huh, hadn't heard that one before so thanks for the insight although i had planned on some other shields in future if this is the case your generator size idea would probably work, just for the sake of cementing my knowledge for the future im sorry to bother you @Wes but are you able to confirm what alex mentioned?

As far as I know we've always had ship shields match the ship tier.

awesome thanks for the verdict, @Alex Hart I'll update you when I've made the edits to the shield to reflect its damage absorption capacity rather than a lower tier

ok I have reworked the page, let me know if this is sufficient and if not what else should I add to it?

I'd kind of like to see sort of a summary of what sort of stuff it's strong, mediocre, and weak against in terms of sources of damage, just so that fluff isn't all that someone has to go off of.

ok so 2 turned into 13.5 but I was tired, anyway I have added a simple table to show what kinds og weapons are most effective and such, let me know if the table seems ok and if there is any damage types I've missed, also i left out aether since only yam has aether weapons afaik and ive seen it written plenty of times before that nothing can defend well against it so yeah

*tfw you realise you forgot to add the gravity stabilizing system to the shield*

eh' I'll make it into some other subsystem for starships lel

Sorry this took so long.

This review is for: Environmental Starship Shield

The submitted article is/has…
[Check] A very high level of overall quality
[Check] A general topic sentence under the title header
[ No] Artwork (Required for new species; Strongly recommended for vehicles and hand weapons)\\
[Check] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[N/A] In the proper format/template
[Check] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[Check] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[Check] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[Check] No red and/or broken links
[Check] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[Check] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[Check] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[Check] Obtusely redundant
[Check] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[Check] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[Check] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[Check] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[Check] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[Check] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[Check] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[Check] Lacking Detail
[Check] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)

The article has…
[N/a] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[Check] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[Check] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[Check] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

sorry to bother, but could we get this article moved and listed as approved in the correct forum? better to clean as you go than leave the dust to build as they say

RPG-D RPGfix
Back