• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Horizon] Hyper-Shift Rotary Chaingun

club24

Everything Is Magical
i had considered making this a tier 6 but decided due to the ROF and how when mounted the recoil is countered it was better to stick with Tier 5

i also put a hefty penalty on sustained fire to ensure people cant just walk into a building and shoot it up for a solid 2 minutes

tagging @Zack for FM approval

the ammo is in a separate submission

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm not quite sure I understand; this is a PA weapon, right? It also seems extremely weak/light compared to most weaponry at its hitting class. Range is something that can always vary, but it looks almost like this weapon was made with modern tech versus SARP tech in terms of its capacity.

I blame my inherent ability to underpower my weapons, think the miniguns in halo which are usually stationary mounted but can also be ripped off, so it's usually shoulder or vehicle mounted but can be detached.

Would you recommend bumping it up a tier in terms of damage then?

If that's where you're wanting it, then it's in the right field. It just seems to have a very small range like the bullets were made of the most un-aerodynamic materials.

I wouldn't change anything if this is your vision, but I personally recommend boosting the range. It's meant to be a heavy weapon to disperse infantry, which it can definitely do... just my two cents, though. You also shouldn't worry too much about the ROF being "OP" unless you're intending for every bullet to hit like a T5/whatever; if it's just bursts of fire or extended fire deals that, then there's really no reason for anyone to worry about ROF on a close-range engagement weapon for dispersing infantry. ROF should also be realistic to a margin; one reason kinetic weapons fall off is that eventually they can't fire faster because of speed restrictions. This is why chainguns and rotary cannons in the real world have seen very little improvement in design/ROF and instead focus on better munitions.

Alright, so I'll keep the ROF and might extend both range, tier and the length of time it can continually fire for slightly? Say 2500m tier 6 and 20 seconds?

And yeah the ammo is listed as being tier 5 as well but the intention is for it to deal that in bursts or sustained fire not per bullet

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ ✔️ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✔️ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

APPROVED

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back