• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Interest Check Hospital (Division?) Themed

RaWolfe

Retired Staff
Hey all,

So I've been thinking up this plot for some time now (even under my exam preparation, I know daring!), but I notice stuff that folks wish to see more civilian plots and it made me wandering if a hospital ship/division or whatever kind is desirable? Kinda house or other hospital soaps where the daily life of a hospital crew is being put to the test with complicated cases, but in space! Now I put Division as a question mark as I am leaning on having a medical ship, but so far I know from medical stuff in SARP is that Yamatai is relaying (in my fair opinion) too much on automatic bays and cloning processes. So I wouldnt be surprised that there is like a specialized division or task force of ships that is aimed as a support/medical convoy (Battlestar style?) traveling around to help out those in need. From daily operations, to planetary aid.

The idea is that its not going to focus on the combat side so much (like 20%), but really focus on the civilian aspect (rebuild, aid and support). Just pitching in ideas to help SARP become more awesome!

This might be a good opportunity to use one of the massive new flagships Yamatai's been working on. They're basically a big Star Fortress or city in space, making them perfect for being a convenient base of operations for major humanitarian missions. Alternatively, you're looking for something smaller there's some medical starships, search and rescue ships, and other small vessels available in the Star Army's inventory. Finally, for something in-between, the Sharie is basically Star Army's equivalent to a BSG Battlestar.

I would be very interested if it's attached to 1XF somehow, and still very interested as a "recurring guest star" role for specific "episodes" if not (since we're using a medical soap/primetime drama metaphor), and I think in the latter case, it would be something really cool as a community thing for all the medical people even if they aren't involved daily in the plot to pop in now and again too. There's a lot of potential for #Training missions in it for 08's who need continuing education, to keep up their skills, etc.

Okay, this is a work in progress, so the layout may change upon advice and such.

FXF - 48th Kibō no hakobi-te (希望の運び手) (translated Bringer of Hope)
  • 1 - Sharie-class Battleship (Flag)
    • 1 - Eikan-class (Heavy Cruiser)
    • 15 - Chiaki-class (1B)
    • 10 - Plumeria-class (2E)
  • 3 - Minori-Class (Medical)
    • 15 - Tenba-Class (Transporter)
    • 15 - Shugo-Seirei (Shuttle 5 per Minori-Class)
    • 30 - Kuma T8 (Shuttle 10 per Minori-Class)
  • 1 - Ayame Layer-class (Logistic)
  • 7 - Anri-Class (Repair)
  • 3 - Kyaa-class (SAR)
  • 2 - Henry Chen-class (Training)
  • 2 - Rikei-Class (Science)
So I know this is small, but the aim is that it is 1) a humanitarian convoy and 2) a flotilla that can move quickly. Now I might be missing things or require to change this layout so I am open for suggestions :)

Last edited:
Those Kyaa-Classes can have the Search and Rescue Mindy on them once the updates are through NTSE!

@RaWolfe definitely interested in this plot being attached to the 1XF as the Sakura II is, as mentioned on discord.

• Also willing to do some cameo appearances with Katsuko/other 1XF flag officers as you request.

The asset layout you've done is good, I like the task force layout I think it works.

@Yuuki Sounds good :D Who knows what dangers or aid the flotilla has to offer :D
@Andrew Thanks :D means a lot! Thought I just got the feeling I am missing something and I dont wish to go overboard with the layout as I presume the Yamata Empire can't spare much due to war efforts.

@RaWolfe I linked you to our built assets, if you're going to be a task force under the 1XF flag then plot use>general fleet use.

@Wes got a link for me to the new flagship? Can’t seem to find it 🙈
You probably figured this out already but I did not want to leave you hanging...I was referring to the same type of ship the YSS Tokyo is, the Izanagi-class Dreadnaught.

I did, The YSS Tokyo :) @RaWolfe . It is the flagship of the 1XF.

You know, Star Army Emergency Services has always been NPCs, but this potential plot might be a legitimate reason for PC Limegreens

You know, Star Army Emergency Services has always been NPCs, but this potential plot might be a legitimate reason for PC Limegreens
While that sounds legit awesome, they are medic and firefighters. Should it expand to more? And how does it fit this idea? Mmm questions that do pop up in my head

Yeah, I guess those people are still more just minor characters on the doctor shows. Every once in a while one will be a side-character who is still sort of in the main cast, though.

Yeah, I guess those people are still more just minor characters on the doctor shows. Every once in a while one will be a side-character who is still sort of in the main cast, though.
Actually that could work, the flotilla is used in war time primarily as emergency services and secundair as humanitaire convoy. When war is over, the primary and secondary switches and humanitarian assistance takes place to help rebuild areas and such

RPG-D RPGfix
Back