• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: 5th XF [Hotaru] An Unfortunate Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Preface

The game of cat and mouse had been ongoing now for quite sometime; since we arrived a Jiyuu I have done everything I can, within reason to stop the Tange from shifting the balance of power in the Bakufu…Now reason has fled; I have had enough.--Chujo Hanabusa Miho

Chujo Hanabusa Miho had become a ghost over the past weeks; her and her family’s popularity in the fleet was declining due to the heavy propaganda released by the Tange. Labeled as lazy and disloyal the Chujo had isolated herself to her work trying to divert herself from the growing reality that her pledge family was slowly disappearing. Recruitment was non-existent, and even some of her most loyal members were flocking to other families. The Tange controlled everything it seemed; their members were in position of influence and power controlling everything from military promotions to civilian employment on Jiyuu. The Hanabusa seemed to be their primary target, allowing other families to flourish helped divert the attention away from the silent campaign, to eliminate the Hanabusa and move in as the second largest pledge family in the Bakufu.

Miho sat in her office, going over some reports when she was interrupted by an incoming message from Jiyuu. One of her people in the colony was reporting that the Hanabusa aligned populous had been pushed to the bottom of the priority list for movement to the new city which was being built outside of the colony outpost; meaning they were being forced to live in the highly overcrowded, and rater unpleasant conditions in the colony outpost. She tried to dismiss it, closing the message she moved onto another report. Minutes later she slammed her fist down onto the desk.

I can’t take this anymore. Misato has to be stopped. If not, soon she will control everything and the rest of us will be left with no choice but to bow down to her.

Miho’s problems seem to escalate, every message she received that morning was about some act of unfairness that had been bestowed on her people. Her thoughts slowly turned toward a less than sane plan, one that would end this game of tit for tat; Tange Misato needed to die.

Part of Miho’s responsibility in the fleet was the daily transmission of the upper echelon’s ST backups to every ship in the fleet. She managed the database, updated the records and purged the old images from the system. She logged into the system as usual, purging the old files from the system-today however she ensured all but Misato received an update, and made sure the previous copy had been deleted.

Time to set the bait… She thought to herself, going over a report from the owner of the Teahouse on Hotaru where Misato, Kuniko, Kiyoko and the Shoi from the First Expeditionary Fleet had met the previous day. The mention of a display of odd affection between the Shoi and Misato caught her attention, bringing a devious smile to her lips—Misato, ironic that the one time you have a heart-it will be what kills you.

Miho used her superior PANTHEON access to have Hotaru send a request from Misato to Yuriko and from Yuriko to Misato; requesting a meeting. She choose a section of the Iori that was fairly uninhabited, a service area called E deck below the habitat zone of the Iori. She holstered her weapon and left her office, not even looking back with the possibility that she could fail and never be permitted to enter it again.

>ON Hotaru Star Fortress, An Unfortunate Night

Tange Misato requests a meeting with you on E deck to continue your discussion from the teahouse. Hotaru requested of Yuriko telepathically as had been ordered by the Chujo. Similarly Hotaru sent out a request to Misato; Tange Shosho, Yuriko is requesting you meet her immediately.

Misato dropped her pen, sighing as she looked at the partially finished rice cake she was hoping to finish. I wonder... Misato smiled to herself, wondering if perhaps Yuriko wanted to see her about more personal matters, their exchange in the teahouse having been on her mind all day. She left her office and headed towards E deck.

Yuriko perked her head up from her work in the transfer chamber at the mental summons. The Shoi pondered thoughtfully on just what Misato wanted to further discuss. Banishing the horde of volumetric displays, and excusing herself from 'Tenshi, and informing Shii, and Ame to inform Yaichiro she had an important matter else where she left the ship. Thankfully she had asked he to stay until she returned, having wanted to discuss her ship's problems. She had also informed Saito she'd be quite fine on her own, wanting her yojimbo to rest, and relax not to mention familiarize himself with the ship. Still new to Hotaru, the Shoi took a moment to download the route from bay sixteen to E deck, and then proceeded to head there.

E deck was for the most part a service area beneath the habitat zone of the Iori, for the most part it was a place rarely visited by anyone. Blackcoats occasionally patrolled its corridors, keeping out the stray civilian or criminal. The particular spot chosen for this trap had two areas-a service alcove where some supplies were being stored, and a accessway that was setback in relative shadow hidden behind some pipes. It was there the dark figure loomed, awaiting her prey. A shame for the other one...sadly she will need to die too. Hotaru's monitoring of the area began to loop as she had set it to do. Now all their was is to wait....

Just outside of the corridor a few civilians were milling around, most on their way through the deck in a hurry to other parts of the station. But one lonely looking half drunken Nepleslian wearing a long tattered green duster was nursing his sorrows with a bottle of hard liquor. He sundered down the corridor with a clearly drunken state, the short somewhat scraggly brown hair disheveled and poking out in random angles. "Hic stupid...shecurityiesh..." he slurred, spotting a black coat as he wandered.

The Blackcoat, Hakunetsu Mikomi inwardly yawned as she patrolled the corridors of the Iori. It was the end of a very long and dull shift and she was looking forward to being able to go back to her quarters and curl up with her latest "Tales of Nepleslia" romance novel and a steaming cup of hot chai for the rest of her day. Her eyes and her skin vision scanned the corridor as she walked vigilantly forward. She liked her job but, too many frazzled nerves meant for long than normal shifts and some cranky co-workers. The earlier incidents with some members of the 1st Expeditionary Fleet had set most of the other sentries on an even sharper edge than normal.

Misato hummed lowly to herself, an unusually cheery tune; even having fixed her makeup in the lift. She strode through the corridor, hoping that Yuriko somehow had felt what she had in the teahouse, the anticipation made her step nearly a bounce; her mind on Yuriko rather than on the fact she had been called to some dark corner, even when she did think of it she figured Yuriko wanted some privacy.

The Nepleslian, a one: Kanon Dumas hiccupped as he continued to sulk through the hallway, trying to avoid suspicion from the black coats by staying out of their way. But at the moment, the poor guy was leaning on the wall trying to keep his balance. He would trudge in to find a sheltered alcove with a view down the opposing hallway Misato was heading for. The man would lean against the wall and slump down to sit with one leg and the other crossed under . "..."

Yuriko soon arrived on E deck, her mind whirring. Everything about the deck made her a little uneasy, the last time she'd been in a place like this it had been in Black Spiral's base, and before that fleeing for hers and her crew's life on an icy moon near Kimithro. Those memories popped in and out of her mind as she kept walking, moving at a steady pace. One thing did remain a constant though, just what did Misato want to discuss down here? Perhaps she simply wanted to be away from prying eyes. The Shoi shrugged as she arrived at the alcove, deciding to give the Shosho the benefit of the doubt.

Mikomi sighed as she walked into the upper area of E deck towards the accessway. Her mind was swimming at the notion of her favorite Nepleslian Marine liberating the slave neko from cruel Elysian masters and having wild passionate love before they made their escape. She frowned slightly as she noticed she was in E deck. Great... dull times ahead for the next 5 minutes.

Miho watched as the first of he targets arrived, she readied herself to pull the gun and make her shot. Misato arrived then, looking at Yuriko with a happy smile, "I am glad you called me here, I take it you have something to tell me Yuriko?" she inquired, her eyes taking in the appearance of the Shoi she had fondly remembered from the teahouse.

Yuriko turned towards the familiar voice, seeing it was Misato. The Shoi bowed, and listened for the most part untils he frowned just a bit. "But...Tange-Shosho...I did not call you here...you called me here. I received the request via Hotaru not too long ago... Hotaru said you wished to continue our discussion..."

The drunk shifted some, his foot sticking out into the corridor but probably wouldn't go noticed unless someone was really paying attention. "Hiccup. Whats going on here...?" he blinked, seeing the two officers coming together. "I hope thish aint one of thosh rumored moments nekosh have in private."

Mikomi's ears pricked at the sound of voices, her thoughts were unhappily shifted back to her duties. That's...odd. People aren't usually down here. She hurried forward and used her anti-grav to help propel herself forward faster without making any noise in the corridor. Her left hand hovered near the grip of her NSP.

An alarm went off in the ShoSho's mind, the tone of Yuriko's words were far from joking-her stance shifting as she began to look around. "I didn't call you..." her hand drifted down towards her NSP.

Meanwhile Miho took her move, drawing her own sidearm, she braced herself against the rail, her aim locked onto Misato's head. This ought to end the Tange reign...ungrateful little bitch. I should have done this a long time ago. Miho thought to herself, feeling success in her future.

Yuriko bit her bottom lip slightly, her hand had already been near her NSP after Misato had said she hadn't called Yuriko. The Shoi brought her wrist up, a silver bracelet with a beautiful white gem embedded in the center. Using her little invention's life signs sensor, she did a quick scan of the area. One life sign...one close by...it was on an elevated position... One thought came to mind... Get down! Yuriko's telepathic voice yelled in
Misato's mind. The Shoi should've seen this setup coming now she pushed Misato down, and hopefully behind the safety of a series of supply crates as she drew her NSP, she then began to fire her shots however failed to hit the would be assassin, instead striking a pipe, and large gouts of steam began to pour out.

Kanon blinked when the shots rang out and drew himself up into the alcove, cursing to himself. Goddammit! Why does there always have to be a gunfight wherever I go?! the nepleslian thought, the shots quickly bringing him out of his sloshed state but leaving him with the customary headache. His hand hovered near the Zen Armaments .45 he had in his coat but didn't pull it yet, it was there...just in case.

Mikomi's eyes widened when she saw the flash of Miho's NSP barrel in the dim light of the accessway and then the steam. She recognized the voice of Tange Misato and her mind went blank as she quickly pulled her NSP from its holster and fired 5 quick blasts at the Chujo. "HOTARU, ALERT ALL SENTIRES: ATTENTION ALL SENTRIES, SOMEONE IS TRYING TO ASSASSINATE SHOSHO TANGE MISATO IN E-DECK. SHOTS HAVE BEEN FIRED. REPEAT, SOMEONE IS TRYIG TO KILL THE SHOSHO! IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE REQUIRED!" The Blackcoat telepathically ordered Hotaru to pass along to the Blackcoat personnel.

Misato as she was pushed drew her own weapon, however dropped it while attempting to get back to her feet from behind the crates. "What the ...." Miho turned just in time to see Mikomi, but not with enough time to avoid the shots. She took all five being thrown left, her own gun being dropped in the process. Just as Mikomi finished firing and the Chujo fell a heavy Type 28 NSP shot was fired central to her and the Chujo, from the other side of the accessway- the blast likely enough to kill them both. BSIA command was afire with activity as they dispatched soldiers to E deck.

Yuriko had taken the chance with the steam pipe providing cover to duck behind the crates as well. She'd heard the other shots being fired, and the voice...and then the subsequent blast. Yuriko used herself, and covered Misato, fearing a larger explosion, and held Misato to her tightly until she peered about, and then down to the Shosho. "Tange-Shosho...are you alright?" She asked, her voice low, and her eyes, and ears alert as she continued to peer about, her NSP clenched in her hand.

"Well damn, this is better than some cheap movie." Kanon said, still trying to shake off the drunkenness to try and escape so he wouldn't get caught up in it.

The Blackcoat's dark green eyes went wide and she fell to her knees still clutching her NSP in her left hand. Mikomi stared down at the bloody hole in the middle of her chest in disbelief, touching at the bloody mess with her right hand aa she fell forward onto the deck, the light in her eyes fading. "Nan.." she uttered weakly as her body hit the deck with a heavy, wet thud and then a clank as her NSP hit the deck.

Misato was speechless, she clung to Yuriko having not been able to get her gun back. A second heavy NSP blast resounded- this one was aimed down towards Yuriko and Misato, however it missed having been a shot of opportunity to begin with sending a loud explosion of boxes and barrels into the mix spraying cleaning supplies and box parts into the air. A flash of pink and black and the other figure on the accessway disappeared, staying only to watch as the lights go out in the Chujo's eyes.

Yuriko gritted her teeth, and held Misato close, and tightly again as she heard the second blast, she felt some of the heat of the blast, but held onto the Shosho, using herself as a barrier between Misato, and possibly certain death. As the debris came down, pieces of wood pelted Yuriko, but she continued to hold on until she deemed it safe. After another couple of moments the Shoi glanced up again, and let out a ragged breath as she began to check Misato for injuries.

Literally hundreds of Blackcoats stormed E deck, just as Kiyoko closed the accessway leading to another maintenance tunnel returning to her quarters the same way she had come, the recorded loop ended as BSIA took override on the lockout. Once back in her room she holstered the weapon and grabbed her bags heading back towards the docking area to the YSS Mazu.

Kanon blinked, watching the firefight going on then heard the thump nearby. It was one of the black coats was injured, severely. Part of him, his marine side was telling him to go try and help her; to at least pull her from the fight. But he was slightly afraid and his coordination wasn't the best still.

Misato shuddered as the near explosion rang out. She looked up at Yuriko, wondering if there would be another shot. Not hearing the approach of her own soldiers she reached up, pulling Yuriko down to her, her lips meeting that of Yuriko in a deep passionate kiss. Blackcoats arriving on the scene watched in shock, they had never seen Misato do anything like that, literally all eyes locked on the two.

Yuriko had been looking about, her ears ringing from the second, and closer explosion when Misato literally pulled her down, and into a passionate kiss. The Shoi began to blush furiously, she had expected that from the woman. Not in the least. But, Yuriko returned it admittedly she enjoyed it a little, and eventually broke the kiss off once she heard the sounds of booted feet. The Shoi looked up, and her eyes went wide, mirroring the shock the Blackcoats wore on their faces before looking down at Misato. "...I think help has arrived..." She said after a few moments.

Misato looked up, wiggling out from Yuriko's hold and looking over at the mess one of the soldier’s lights revealing to her the faces of the Chujo and one of her Blackcoats. So Miho...looks like this is the end of our little game--I am sure a few tears will be shed, perhaps your family will find comfort from their...loving Tange friends. Inside she smiled, outside she blushed..."Clean this damn mess up and I want some explanations.." one of the soldiers responded "Hai, ShoSho." Misato reaching down towards Yuriko to lend her a hand up.

Yuriko coughed lightly, and extended her own hand, slipping it into Misato's. Her warm fingers interlocking with the Shosho's as she was pulled up. The Shoi cleared her throat a little, she too blushing as she looked to Misato. "Erm...are you alright Tange-Shosho?" Was the first words that came to mind.

Kanon pulled into the alcove when the hoards of Blackcoats began to show up, he'd pretend to pass out with the bottle in his hand, quietly praying that they just chalked him up to being drunk and out of it. The firefight had resulted in him being only half drunk but hopefully that'd be enough

Misato nodded, "I am alive, thanks to you..." she communicated to one of her subordinates. Alert the Taisho she is needed urgently. Also, I want the Hanabusa...rounded up. Begin detaining them on their ships. Pull those on military ships to holding areas and await my orders. Misato said then to Yuriko, "I suppose the Taisho will be interested in meeting the woman who saved my life." she smiled slightly. "You okay, anything broken?" she looked Yuriko over while still gripping her hand.

The dead Blackcoat's body hung limply in the arms of her living comrades as she was hauled off. Her blonde hair was matted red with blood as one of her former friends patted it regretfully for a moment.

Yuriko just blinked a little at the mentions of her possibly meeting the Taisho. And then she simply returned Misato's smile with a soft one as she proceeded to bring a hand up, and picked a splinter of wood out of Misato's blue hair. "I am fine Tange-Shosho. I am glad you are fine though."

Eriko bowed deeply; the sliding silently shut in front of her. The vice admiral and fleet aide of the Fifth Expeditionary Fleet in the Star Army of Yamatai let out a very relieved sigh. She had planned sweeping military manoeuvres, dealt with officials and SAINT…but talking to the most powerful man in Nepleslia and taking the respective fates of two nations onto her own shoulders was something else entirely. Luckily, the Admiral had been tired from his long trip and had retired to the penthouse suite of the Hotaru’s hotel. Eri profusely thanked whatever higher power had taken pity on her.

Abruptly, Katsuko’s urgent message reached her ears. Eriko whipped around; her face slightly pale. She licked her suddenly dry lips. No, nothing had taken pity on her…just made room for something worse. Far worse. ‘Bad’ didn’t describe this. Nothing did. Eriko almost hissed, before breaking into a sprint. “Hotaru, sitrep. Now!”

Silence...

She tore into a lift and jammed the button…it began to move. “Hotaru?”. It responded hesitantly. “I’m sorry, Vice-admiral. There is no record of the incident in question.” The plain, ugly truth stabbed Eriko through the chest. “Pardon?” The AI repeated itself with sickening finality. “I’m sorry, Vice-admiral. There is no surveillance data for the area in question at the time of the incident.” Eriko stared blankly at the lift walls; they opened, she stepped out. “Thank you, Hotaru.”

---

The alley was swarming with people of all colours: sentry, security, medical, technician. Eriko stood silently and watched for a moment. If there was an order to the chaos she couldn’t see it. And she was seeing a lot believe you me. A twinge of anger shuddered down her spine. The green eyed neko took a deep breath...

“WHO IN THE BLOODY FLAMING HELLS IS IN CHARGE HERE!?”

Yuriko was just looking about as the people milled around, going about their jobs. The Shoi had finally calmed down some, her usual self returning, though once she heard the sound of Eriko yelling, and seeing another Shosho rank pin... she inwardly groaned to herself, and even winced at the woman yelling. Her ears still rung a little, not to mention hurt. Though they were healing.

"Koharu-chan...could you please inform Kage-Taii who is currently on the ship that I was called away on some important business? I cannot see him at the moment unfortunately. I leave you in charge of the Asamoya until I return, I apologize for placing this on you, but I cannot be pulled away."

She sent the message, and just looked to Misato again before looking warily at Eriko, hearing a yelling Shosho usually wasn't a good thing.

~~~~~

Rina just nodded along to the Taisho's request, though she did sigh slightly. Her shift was due to end in the next thirty minutes or so and she was looking forward to spending some time with her daughter, Jun. Now however it seemed there were things to attend to. The Shosho got to her feet, and promptly followed along after Katsuko, remaining quiet as she tried to find out just what was going on.

"Affirmative, Kakutama-Shoi. I'll take care of him while your away," Koharu responded quickly back to Yuriko. "Any notion of an ETA for your return, or is that still unknown?" She sat up on her bed and rubbed her head groggily before she pulled on her uniform. Lovely, babysitting time. Maybe next time I go for the least amount of responsibility, I'll just retire from service somewhere.

"There was...a shooting and I was involved thankfully myself and Tange-Shosho are fine. I will tell you more later. I am sorry to have to place this on you Koharu-chan...but I have a feeling I will be here for quite awhile." Yuriko responded not sounding very happy in the least by the whole incident.

No comforting reply reached her ears, and the madness continued. There was no one in charge…fantastic. These were the emergency teams then – they’d swarmed up here even faster than Eriko had and they’d done what they could on the spur of the moment. Of course, now that the spur of the moment was over, there was just borderline panic. She closed her eyes and snapped into an ‘at ease’ pose.

“Soldiers of the Star Army, ATTENTION”

The psychic order thundered with perfect clarity across all present. On reflex and instinct alone, the entire crowd stopped. That there was military discipline in action for you. A chaotic ramble reduced to a silent crowd of patient, waiting people.

“Thank you, at ease. And you…” She pointed to the first officer rank she saw. “…fill me in.” The telepathic rapport took all of two seconds. Eriko retained her composure with a great – great – effort of will. She nodded at the neko. “Security, defensive perimeter, cordon off all exits to this area. Medical to the wounded if you please. Technicians, standby until the area is cleared and prepare for clean up. I want this done right, I want to know exactly what happened. I know we don’t usually have to do it manually, but this time we do. Let’s not screw up. And the rest of you, take a hike. You’re not helping in the slightest.”

The action resumed, but this time in an orderly and more reasonable fashion. Eriko breathed a sigh of relief, and walked into the alley; the green shirts jogged past her with all the gear they could carry. “Hotaru, the station is now in lockdown under my authority. Ships may enter, but they may not leave. Confine all personnel to their designated sections and seal this level. No movement from anyone unless they’re strictly needed and I am serious about that strictly part - not even security moves freely. I want nothing, absolutely nothing, to happen until I know exactly what’s going on. If you dislike my orders, take them up with Kat-chan.”

She crossed over to Yuriko and Mistao. Eriko nodded to the 1st Fleeter, her manners had not left her. “Miyamae Eriko, pleased to meet you.” She gave a genuine if slightly concerned smile – understandable considering the circumstances. “And, Mistao…you alright?” She glanced over at Miho’s body, sadness crossing her face, before looking back.

“What exactly happened here?”

Kuniko had almost been asleep, almost, before well it was ruined. With a sigh she looked up at the flashing alert that was ruining the sleep she had almost grasped, and once she realized what it was saying, she was up and running even in the bed. She was dressed as she finally left her room, though getting out of her area seemed a little tougher.

"What the hell is going on let me through Hotaru! I need to get to Misato!"

Growling now she stamped her foot as she tried to get through another door. "Let me through Hotaru I need to go NOW! Who authorized this order!?" Kuniko shouted to the air.

"ShoSho Eriko." And even as the reply came Kuniko was contacting Eriko.

"Eri-chan let me get down there! I want to see Misato now." Came a near telepathic shout in Eriko's mind.

Yet another telepathic message had arrived for Eriko, albeit given a manually set priority...the sender didn't want to disturb more important messages in Eriko's queue.

Yaichiro-Taii here...I have heard through the grapevine that Yuriko-Shoi and Tange-Shosho-shi have encountered the wrong end of a gun, but are alright. Is the rest of the Admiralty secure?

Eriko turned for a moment and waved over the technicians to begin processing the scene. “Calm down, Kuni-chan; she seems alright. We’ll be making our way down to medbay in a few minutes I’d think. Meet us there. Hotaru…if you don’t mind.” The way opened for Kuniko. Eriko reached out to Misato and rubbed at her rank pin. “Dirty already, honestly…”

She almost sniffled before reasserting herself again. “I’m afraid not, Yaichrio-Taii. Misato and Yuriko seem to be mostly unharmed, but Miho-Chujo is lying in a pool of her own blood. Hopefully we’ll be able to recover her and piece together this godforsaken mess.” She glanced over at the drunken Nepleslian as she surveyed the scene again. “Santo-hei!...” she shouted one of the greenshirt’s nearby. “…get him to medbay now. He looks more than a little worse for the wear.” The medic bowed and moved to escort the drunk off.

Eriko’s mind was working at lightning speed. Whatever had gone down…well, there was more than meets the eye. An undercurrent that she hadn’t noticed before. This looked like an attempted double assassination facilitated by a PANTHEON override. That meant it was someone with rank, but who? And was she even on the right track by thinking that to begin with? What’s more, why would anyone want an assassination in the first place.

“Caine-Chui…” Her voice was sombre, serious…full of conviction. So unlike her tone during their meeting. “…I like to think I’m a good judge of character so let me apologise for this in advance. Something’s wrong – very wrong. Can you take a leap of faith for me…a favour from one soldier to the next?”

"I'll be waiting..." Worry seemed to line Kuniko's telepathic voice as the Shosho made her way down to the medbay quickly. If they were ready for a small group before hand, the nervousness from Kuniko seemed to put them on edge, as if a larger group were coming in.

Finally fed up with it, one of the Medical staff in the room moved over to Kuniko, giving her a cup of coffee and sat her down in a chair. The event from tonight had finally fried Kuniko's mind a little, making her just that much more on edge and frantic. But the attempt at calming her had done her some good, so now she sat in the medbay on one of the tables, waiting for the group to arrive.

Yuriko bowed to Eriko, and introduced herself in turn. The Shoi wore a look of mild composure, having delt with all sorts of situations such things required a rational and calm mind.

~~~~

As Rina continued along with the Taisho, and the blackcoat escort, the Shosho contacted Eriko as as she tsked at the sudden lock down. The Shosho now wore a frowned on her face, knowing full well their movements shouldn't or rather wouldn't be impeded.

Eriko-chan, do you mind telling me just what happened? I'd rather hear it from you if you can spare the time. Rina asked, her voice calm and cool as always in difficult situations.

"Sorry about the sudden lockdown, Rina-chan. Hotaru should let Kat past it's just...Miho's dead, Rina. Someone's killed her and we don't know who. Not even PANTHEON knows. Just hurry, alright?"

After hearing of Miho-Chujo's death, Yaichiro and the Bay 16 team made sure their backups were ready, just in case...Yaichiro even went so far as to make one stored on a portable encrypted drive, using a key which he left with both the Asuka and the Mobile Trainer...just in case. Asuka had recent backups for everyone, fortunately...

"...Hotaru, please copy the video data from the scene of the crime..." yaichiro asked Hotaru...who replied that the files did not exist

"...Odd....then copy the video data of the crime scene, as early as possible after the incident. I want it rendered into a scaled 3-D hologram on the M29x01 for analysis."

YSS Yukobou: Hanabusa Residential Ship//Hotaru Slot 2-76B

Chui Ijichi Chie stood on the bridge of the converted Kyoto, her face splattered with the blood of its former captain. Load them up; I don’t believe we will have any more problems. She holstered her sidearm, and waived giving the order for the rest of the crew to be rounded up and taken to the holding area.

In Yui’s name, I didn’t want to have to do this…She eyed the former CO of the ship, what the hell were you going for? She looked down at the comm terminal which was active. A signal on a general hyperspace frequency was transmitting.

Hotaru identify signal, override on my authorization…

Hotaru responded, “The message is a sixteen digit alpha numeric code…”

Hotaru identify comm destination…

Hotaru responded, “The signal is set on a general band frequency, it is designed to transmit in a five light-year radius with no set destination. Similar signals are detected being transmitted from other Hanabusa controlled civilian ships in the staging area.”

Who the hell are they calling out to? Chie slumped into the command chair, and asked Hotaru. “What is the sixteen digit code?”

Hotaru said, “HPB16D7465860OUY”

Some kind of code…But for what? They don’t have enough ships to rebel on their own. It would be suicide…

-----

Misato looked at Eriko and shook her head, “I am fine…” She was shaken, that was obvious by her lack of a smart assed comment. She leaned into Yuriko, figuring it best she play the silent surprised one, figuring it was her Blackcoat who just shot the Chujo.

Katsuko and Rina arrived on the scene, along with the security escort. Katsuko’s hand moved over her mouth, when she saw Miho she had to turn away. “What happened…?” she asked in a muffled voice.

Her eyes centered on Misato. Did you do this?

No…She tried to kill me.
Misato answered the Taisho, not moving her eyes off of Eriko.

---

NECTAR

“Taii….Detecting incoming ships.” The tactical officer reported to the Taii standing at the command table going over some tactical data ordered by Tange Misato.

The Taii looked startled, “What kind of ships?”

She switched the volumetric projection back to current tactical, a blob of pink was moving closer, as the resolution change she slowly picked up on the bulbous shapes. The incoming swarm of a Mishhuvurthyar ships.

“Holy shit…Sound General Quarters….All hands to battle stations!!!”

Fifth Expeditionary Fleet Communication

Incoming SMX vessels….All ships to full alert. Lockdown has been lifted. All personnel be advised…

As the alert rang out, Yaichiro dashed toward the Asuka, ordering all people to be on alert.

"Prepare for emergency combat! Get the Asamoya ready for combat or escape! Find a Sakura-class and outfit her with the M29X00 and the M29X02! Preferably the Adlich!"

Meanwhile, Himitsu Star Fortress also prepared for battle, releasing its own complement of fighters, and activating its shields. It then armed its Projected Energy Beams (320), preparing to fire as soon as the enemy got within range. Ships folded in and out of spacetime to confuse the enemy sensors and make a true estimate of force impossible. Even her massive fold systems and Quantum Detonator were ready to move at a moment's notice.

The Particle Cannons would be on standby until the enemy approached their range, but the Strikers would be armed right away. This would add a numerous amount of targets for the enemy to track at once, while the pilots' AIES would compensate and avoid friendly fire.

Well... this is interesting. Ah well... maybe the fates are unkind today? He thought to himself, relatively unphased by the inconvenient turn of events. He gave the sword sheathes on his back a quick feel, giving himself a few mental slaps for not removing them while he was off duty, but also thanking that same absent mindedness, figuring he might need them.

"Ano... doesn't seem like we have much of a choice." The caretaker said, his enthusiasm rather low for his usual character, as he stood up. "Sumimasen, Yuki-san. I know we didn't really have the time to enjoy our meal... Would you care to go somewhere later?"

Ichiro rushed to his quarters. "Hara-Hei! Get up and follow me! We need to suit up and move!" he said, shaking the sleeping form HARD, almost yelling before rushing back out to the hall, toward the armor bay. Equip for possibilities of both space and on station battle. Ichiro mentally sent him, as he started floating faster then he could run at the moment.

On the YSS Asamoya, the alert rung out in Koharu's mind. "SHIT." Yuriko, get your butt back here! We're not going to fight without you! The Shoi sent in a almost panicked telepathic message. She sent another message to the YSS Wishsong to Yumiko, "Yumiko-Hei, you better hustle! Get over to us in Bay 16, NOW!"

"MEGAMI, send this all over the ship: ATTENTION ALL HANDS, REPORT TO BATTLE STATIONS! WE HAVE INCOMING SMX VESSELS TOWARDS HOTARU NO IORI. LEAVE TIME IS OVER, GET READY FOR EVAC OR COMBAT! REPEAT, THE SHIT JUST HIT THE FAN, GET READY FOR ANYTHING!"

"Taisa!" Sakemoto's volumetric image signalled Nao's attention just as she entered the bridge of the YSS Yukari. Two blank screens next to the Chusa indicated that Nao's other vice-commanders were either busy or absent.

"Captain on the bridge!" The ship captain announced, the ten-plus bridge crew halted their hustle and bustle for a moment to stand at attention before being waved back to work by the Tange. Taking in the atmosphere, Nao quickly strode over to her seat to face the Chusa. "Report!"

"Taisa, a Mishu battle formation is forming up at the Galactic West." Sakemoto paused for a moment to remove the green scarf he was wearing during his watchman duty to keep warm, it was impeding his speech, and the situation was hot enough already. A secondary screen popped up to display the assets on the Yamataian side and the predicted Mishu forces. "Only 60% of our forces are battle ready at the moment, a majority of these from mine and Chusa Za's battle group, I estimate that we can get an additional 35% ready before the Mishus hit us."

Nao took a glance at the pre-battle data screens, her hands curling into a ball. This is bad timing, not everybody is fully recovered from the New Year's party. "I'm taking command of your operational ships, Chusa Sakemoto. You are to remain behind and prepare the third wave. Our objective is to wear down the enemy with lightning strikes and buy time for the fleet."

"Hai, Taisa." Sakemoto bowed, unaffected by the Tange's order to relinquish control of his fleet, perhaps he had expected it? "I have transferred control of NG-X5-81 thru NG-X5-70 positioned at 3-Gamma, they are now under your direct command."

"Where is Chusa Za and Mihai?" Nao snapped. As though cued in, the green haired Za materialized next to Sakemoto's screen, her narrowed eyes conveyed a sense of cold effeciency.

"Mihai's VC has reported that she is not in yet." Za then paused for a moment to indicate a change of subject. "First wave ready to fold in five minutes, Taisa."

"Excellent, wait for my command. I'll bring the second wave up behind you." At this, Za nodded and turned off the videolink. "Sakemoto, I'll leave Mihai to you."

"Affirmative, she will not be a hindrance to this operation. Sakemoto out."

Tange Nao leaned back on her chair. Think you can sneak up on us like this? You thought wrong! She tapped the hard surface of the seat handles. "Captain, move the YSS Yukari to point 3 Gamma and charge the fold drives. We are headed out!"

As the SMX forces continued their push forwards the Hanabusa leadership made their move, their ships disconnecting themselves from the PANTHEON network, and the programs coded by the former Chujo's technicians were activated, painting their former comrades as enemies and the Mishhuvaythar as their allies. Their ships broke away from their assigned groups-running for cover.

Not all came easy, the Hanabusa had failed to put planning into their treason; the Chujo had moved out of emotion when she had tried to eliminate Misato-with their plans moved up possibly by months. This left many of their people uniformed and many of them once they found out were looking for ways off the ships, escape pods and armors fled the vessels heading for the enemy line, calling out to loyal 5th ships not to fire upon them.

List of ships of the Hanabusa-SMX control
(To be added to list of enemy vessels)
NJ-X5-02 YSS Yanagi
NS-X5-02 YSS Kiachou
NG-X5--202 YSS Yuuki
Shikotama ISFC
2 Horizon converted Refugee ships
200 Sojouners
100 Oberons

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix