• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Howdy! I'm new, and ready to put on my space suit and my moon-boots for a roleplaying adventure!

Hugo RM

Inactive Member
What do you call yourself? Hugo, or Hugo RM

How'd you find Star Army? My last role-play sadly died, so I went looking for a new place to devote my time. I found it by desperately googling.

What interested you in joining? The website was one of the only role-play sites I found that seemed interesting to me, didn't look like an AOL chat room, seemed active, and felt welcoming.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before? Yep. I used to play several countries on two different Nationstates regions, one I left because of a poisonous mod and people not being able to differentiate between IC and OOC, and a second that sadly died after years of constant activity and an interesting long developed alt-history. I still haven't gotten over it :'(

Any previous experiences you want to share? Well, I'd also like to add that I have an IRL group of friends that I play DnD and GURPS with, and many of those games have been sci-fi themed, as well as one I'm GMing right now. I built the world for it, and I'm quite proud of all the little races, nations, conflicts, cultures, and planets I've sculpted for it, and my players seem to like it too. Just thought I'd share that, because it kinda pertains to this, and I'm proud of it.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? I can play whatever. I usual play male, as I am male, but I do like playing interesting female characters from time to time.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? A mixture of both I guess. Something with a story is always cool, but I do like leaving room for character development and story improvisation.
  • Military or civilian characters? Either. Whatever is interesting. If I'm playing a military character though, I don't think I'd be playing your average tough guy "I like to shoot things" sort of character.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? Again, anything that's interesting, although I tend to gravitate towards humies. I like their spontaneousness, ingenuity, and contradictory nature.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? Hopefully both, although I will say, there's something attractive about being on the crew of a ship.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? Forum posts I'd say
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 2-3
  • Violence: 2
  • Sexuality: 2
What's something cool you'd love to RP? I'm not sure. I'm here for a space adventure, whatever flavour appears. I'd like to be involved in something with depth I guess.

Last edited:
Welcome to Star Army! Here is a list of active plots, here is the character creation guide, and here is the listed of wanted character types. Have fun, and if you have any questions, I can answer them here or on Discord (my handle is the same, if you're in the Official SARP discord).

Heya! ^^/

Looking at your bio I think you might like factions such as Yamatai and mayyybe Uso's Star Organization, those are two pretty large places that are great for starting out in, and seem to fit in with a lot of what you're interested in - less "gung ho" soldiers, or maybe even people who are more of civilians : P (I know Nepleslia often follows that sort of aggressive/tough guy stereotype, hehe)

For both starship and planet-based operations you might want to check out Task Force Inquisition, which is a plot that plans to do both of those things - at once! Though many plots in Yamatai often do engage in both types of operation anyways - if typically in a "Star Trek" style, where they visit different planets and such.

Oh hey, a fellow Nationstates enthusiast! I run a nation on there. I wish I could post more in RPs there but Star Army takes most of my attention. :)

Oh hey, a fellow Nationstates enthusiast! I run a nation on there. I wish I could post more in RPs there but Star Army takes most of my attention. :)
Cool! Were you a member of Geopolity or the American Union by any chance?

Wes is a pretty busy guy, you'll probably have to tag him. Anywho, I noticed you're into a less stereotypical soldier type. In that case, Arbitrated was right - you may be interested in USO. I'm not a GM, but I can direct you to the GMs of the faction if you're interested. For plots, we have a couple. 188604 is the flagship plot, being based around the main planet of USO (with the plot is named after). This is a nice mixture of civilian and military rp. Ragnarok is for the titular PMC that has provided security services for USO as it develops, and is fairly intertwined with 188604. There's Osman University, though it seems to be on pause for now (but don't quote me on that). Finally, there's the newest plot - ISS Brimstone. This, as far as I know, is set on a cargo ship, and is planned to have a Firefly-esque plot line. Again, I'm not a GM, but I know that USO is always looking for new players and the members are very helpful to new players.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back