• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Howdy! New blood here!

Titanrex

Inactive Member
What do you call yourself?

Rex, will do!

How'd you find Star Army?

Had an itch for some space based roleplay and this was the first google hit.

What interested you in joining?

Roleplaying on various games such as Guild wars 2, WoW and BDO has left a Sci-fi themed gap. And I would like to get back into forum roleplay.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?

Indeed I have on a couple of now defunct (I think?) Sites. Other than that, the various MMO RP communities over the years.

Any previous experiences you want to share?

I love my tabletop roleplay, my written stuff such as on here and I play a damn fine orc at a Larp called Empire!

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:

• Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? Any!
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? I mixture of the two.
  • Military or civilian characters? Military.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? Humans or aliens.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? Starship!
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? Both if I have the time!

On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:

• Language: 3
  • Violence: 3
  • Sexuality: 2

What's something cool you'd love to RP?

I love space orchestras. Anything from capital ships slamming each other with weapons, down to the struggling every-man that's just trying to stay alive in his fighter cockpit. I would love to get involved with some large scale warfare. Boarding teams, mecha pilots, tank commanders, space pilot and gunner all sound amazing.

Failing that, something utterly alien sounds awesome. Perhaps along the lines of the Mishhuvurthyar in terms of gribbly strange-ness. I played a sentient swarm of floating crystals that corrupted living tissue on a fantasy site for a bit and that was a brilliant laugh.

---

I look forwards to getting stuck in!

Welcome! As a new person whose been here for a week so far, the community is lovely and super helpful. I think I got invited to five different type of plots. If you have a discord, feel free to join the server, it's pretty active as well.

Had an itch for some space based roleplay and this was the first google hit.
This. This here is excellent news.

*ahem*

Hiii! I'm Arbitrated, a person who's been around for just under a year actually, and I've absolutely loved this community! You can indeed play with just about anything in the community, I do think we have a Misshuvurthyar character who exists so it's not like it'd be impossible, or even all too difficult! : P

I love to help people but I can be a bit of a ditz sometimes, not always the most observant, hehe ^^;

One up-and-coming plot that's kicking off to a fun start is the Spanish Inquisition, I highly recommend it - it has two GMs running it, which is quite interesting!

@ArsenicJohn try highlighting your test and then clicking the linked chain on the top of your text box! ^^

Hey there! If you're looking for a plot with a more... Evil bite, there is the Winged Hussars, which is the Antagonists playing the Protagonists in a war. Violence and Gore is the Vekimen specialty, so given those "3" you got there, I think you would fit in well! I give secret points for super gristly kill posts that may or may not get you art of my personal favorite kill you write >.>

Well, welcome! I’ve gotten to write with you a bit so far and I think you’ll do well here. If you have any questions or would like to rp some more, please just ask or let us know. :)

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome! I think I have fell more or less on my feet!

I cant wait to get properly stuck in!

@Edto I will have a look at that plot now, Sounds up my alley!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back