• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

I Didn't Know Where to Stick This

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackKat

Inactive Member
...I didn't see an introduction forum.

I've been looking for a decent sci-fi setting for a while, and I finally stumbled across this site through Google. I poked around a few of your plots, and I'd like to give it a shot. I'm currently reading through the New Members Guide :shock: and there's a lot to read.

I live in Canada, though I'm an American by birth (New York! Woo). I've decided to stick around up here in Canada (free health care!) and pursue a degree in nursing... though it's a bit far off. I have to pay my own way.

When I'm not at work or hanging out with friends, I'm goofing around on the interwebz. Roleplaying is a new hobby I've picked up in the last few months, but I've been writing stuff since I was about eight. I'm a sucker for romance novels, and if I figure that the Nursing degree is too much of a bother (or even if I get it) I'll take to writing some. Lord knows the market is starving for a good romance novel or two.

What else to say? IS there anything else to say? I don't think so... I'm pretty open to questions, so if you want to find out something about me and I figure it's appropriate I'll answer. All else you figure out over time; I'm pretty talkative -- if the wall of text didn't reveal that already.

Any recommendations as to faction, species, so on? Plots? People to talk to?

I'll talk with anyone! :D

You sound pretty cool! Welcome to Star Army! It's always great to see new faces. I'm Wes, the founder/webmaster. Feel free to ask anything you need cleared up here or in the Your Questions Answered forum).

We've always got a lot going on. I guess the first thing to do to get involved in the story would be to find which faction suits you best for your first character.

I've been looking at the Nekovalkyrja, actually. They're interesting, but I'm confused. They're called Gynoids, but isn't that by definition untrue? A Gynoid is mechanical, but the Nekovalkyrja wiki article reads like they're biological. *Scratches head* More of what's confusing me is their capabilities -- it's kind of scattered across multiple wiki articles -- and if someone could kind of summarize everything, that'd be great.

Gynoid thing: Maybe I'm just being dense. I didn't even know the word Gynoid existed until I saw it on the article.

Also: Your Wiki system is really cool! Never seen a roleplay site use it before. Makes everything so organized.

What to know about Nekovalkyrja:

• They're flesh like humans and have catlike ears
  • They're all female.
  • They've got brains with wifi and are created as adults.
  • They can fly.
  • They're in the Star Army of Yamatai.

Basically, that's all the main stuff.

Thank you for the complements on the wiki! It's one of the best things we ever did for the site. There was a time when everything was done in HTML on posted on the forums.

I already said hello on IRC, but let me welcome you officialy with us. Neko is quite good choice for first character actually. That or Nepleslian marine.

Anyway what you need to know about neko's is here: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:nh-29 since NH-29 is current version of nekovalkyrja that is used. There are more versions but those are not suggested as starting characters. Anyway this one is pretty cool by itself.

Welcome to SARP.

There are also the Yamataians, less spiffy and uber-mensch, but still far more advanced than the normal human. Think of the Nekos and Yamataians like the Ghost in the Shell protagonist, Major Motoko. Sort of cybernetic but mostly just flesh and bone.

Sigma: Yamataians and Nekovalkyrja are incapable of supporting cybernetics due to their natural regeneration abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back