Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

I wish to consume your creativity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

Inactive Member
Hello,
My name is Anti (srsly?) and I'm a musician. Recently I have been looking for new and unique sources of inspiration. I remembered stumbling across this forum long ago - and I remember it to be rich in detail, atmosphere, creativity, and plot. My previous inspirations have all been ethereal or technological. (Stars, Technology, Transhumanism, Future, Physics, Philosophy, Darkness, Nightskies) I decided to come here and start absorbing inspiration from you guys. Many times an artist will use a movie or existing book as inspiration - Though in this case, I feel it would be most beneficial to gain inspiration from every-day people interacting on a personal level. This way the creative aspects I absorb and translate into sound will be more pure in their nature. (Also, no copyright laws? :))

So here I am - I'm not sure how active the forum is anymore - But you'll see me psuedolurking around - perhaps talking on a few threads even! *Gasp*.

But I hereby ask for your permission to use your -work/fun- as an inspirational medium for my music. I will not be copying or quoting any text - (if I do, it will be spoken verbally (as opposed to textually) and asked permission of by the owner-ees.) I will post any music that has been formed due to partial or complete inspirational contribution by the forumgoers in the "Music/Art" section of this subsection of the forum. (I guess?)

Extra Information : My music is electronic based - Further classified into a "Dark/Industrial/Experimental" subgenre. Most previous music can be found on myspace -Myspace.com/anticodemusic - and if you would like to listen to said music on a personal MP3 player I will graciously send you, personally, any MP3 of mine you request. (As a "payment of sorts" to letting me ninja around your forum.)

Any tracks based solely on inspiration from this forum will have it's proceits donated directly to the "forum-holder" to help support this serverspace.

Please reply to this thread any comments (or issues) about this modus operandi.

Signed,
-Anti--->

Hello, I'm Wes, the admin and IP rights custodian of this site.

This seems fine to me.

I'm a big fan of trance, FYI.

I hope you stick around. One of the best parts of Star Army is being surrounded with cool, creative people.

Awesome!

Though I do not create trance - I do create with a similar medium.

Trance would be happy high BPM stuff, While mine is more of an Evil/Dark low BPM. You can check the myspace if you're interested. :)

And yes - It is always good to surround yourself with creative people! It is one of the reasons I came here, in fact.

*pops up second tab to check out myspace prof*
Nice to see there are still people who don't go into music to write about sex and drugs. :D

Aendri said:
*pops up second tab to check out myspace prof*
Nice to see there are still people who don't go into music to write about sex and drugs. :D

Yes indeed. I do quite the opposite.

I've just finished a song about Nekovalkyjra posted in the Art/Writing section of the forum! It's not as "experimental" as the ones on my myspace.

Well, you should be receiving a friend request sometime soon from my account. Be nice and say yes.

Aendri said:
Well, you should be receiving a friend request sometime soon from my account. Be nice and say yes.

Of course!

Did someone else from this forum just now friend me? A "Cinnamon and Spite"? D:

I dig.

Where do I sample trample, skeet?
Whenby like the cut of your jib, might wave some green.

Everybody loves green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back