• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Idea Inside!

Alex

Inactive Member
Eh em.

This idea stems from a couple things I have noticed about Mech Infantry. The first is that most mech infantry are used in conjuction with Nekos, which is mostly as it should be taking into account that they are genetically created weapons.

The second thing is that I don't really see any mech for officers and above, which is probably also as it should be taking into account the fact that officers are decidedly more important than genetic constructs. Some of these officers are, of course, nekos. Others, however, are more humanoid in nature, or not fitting the specifics of certain power armors.

What I propose for those that for whatever reason have been left out are what I would like to call 'Custom Armor'. Basically that is a company that deals in made-to-order armor that would be unique based on the customer.

Another idea to remedy this, which would be much more cost-efficiant, would be to make a class of mecha that can be upgraded for officers, and another to be used by people that are not NH but still want a decently powerful armor.

Discussion?

Why make command mecha when the regular mecha is completely sufficient, both in its individual capabilities but also in the sheer numbers they are deployed in?

Not to mention, making a distinct design of command power armor only succeeds in getting the commanders killed first.

We could use power armors made for other species, though, such as Elysians and Trolls (That'd be interesting). Kodians could use some.

Ephesus likes the idea of Elysian power armour and is designing his own suit. He's having a little problem with the wings.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back