• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SYNC If this works it'll increase crew survivability. If it doesn't... At least it'll be fun

Locked_0ut

Convention Veteran
RP Date
To: Miriam Norita Ittô Hei
BCC Beryl Leyton Nitô Heisho

Sorry to bother you,

I’ve got a weird request. If we’ve got a Type 30 Machine gun on the Res, and if nobody’s going to be too mad about cutting it up and welding stuff to it, I want to turn it into a man portable (Well in power armor) squad support weapon.

I’m not an armorer, but I think we’ll need to:
  • Replace the spade grip with a pistol grip and stock
  • Shorten the barrel length slightly. (might screw with the terminal ballistics but as long as we’re getting full powder burn off we’re good) might need a new muzzle break, but I’ll leave that up to you.
  • Construct a handguard
  • A rail to mount optics,
  • A bipod

Mostly, I’m just wondering if the Type 30 can be pushed into a powered infantry role instead of as a vehicle/crew served weapon. If you can do it, access to my coffee stash for a month.

Very Respectfully,

Vec Wilson Chui
PS. If this works I'd like to put in a supply order for a few boxes of 35mm API on top of standard ball ammo.... I wonder if somebody could rig up some air burst rounds synced to either the optics or the shooter's power armor.
@Wes

RPG-D RPGfix
Back