• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Abandoned Submission [IIS] Build Your Own Ship

Ethereal

Banned Member
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=wip:corp:iis:build_your_own_ship
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Submission Type: Service
Template Used: N/A

Faction: IIS
FM Approved Yet? Yes, Me
Faction requires art? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes, Eye-III
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
Credit to @Arbitrated for the idea, @club24 and @HarperMadi for their support/discussion.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
  • MAW "cannons" refer to external emplacements of the MAW weapons to be used by people exterior to the craft
  • Changed all links suggested with your own links
  • Hive and Pod refer to two seperate entities on from two seperate ships, have clarified with the amount each holds. Note the Hive is just a collection of Junkers, which are loose. Changed link.
  • Removed Augmented Software Package for now.
  • Added "price on demand"
  • Upsized shields work, why wouldn't they? They're just weaker.
  • Starfire shells can be provided by the Ironharts.
  • Edited the name to https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:corp:iis:build_your_own_ship
As for the rest of the objections, the links redirect to the most appropriate places. Unless every part of every ship needs its own article, which has never been the case.

It would be unfeasable to create many tens of articles only a few lines long for each, which would make this take a year to be approved. I can create them in my own time as I see fit. It doesn't affect the service, it just means the reader has to scan a subsection for what they're looking for rather than be handed it on a platter.

I can remove all the links if you wish for it to be tidier, but I think it'd be best not to, as it would futher confuse things. The links are as appropriate as they can be as of present, so that fufills that requirement. The Geist and things aren't what I'm talking about, for example, it's the syncing capabilites already demonstrated in wiki canon.

Before I look over it again, I'd like you to ask for FM approval for IIS to have started selling the IRIS/MAW in its thread, which I bumped a few days ago while I was looking through this.

I want to get the IRIS MAW being sold by IIS FM approved.

Well I think the next question would be... Can an anti-armor rifle just be hand-waved into being a starship-grade weapon?

Well I think the next question would be... Can an anti-armor rifle just be hand-waved into being a starship-grade weapon?
Mounting a weapon internally or externally to a large ship that isn't a massive weapon should be more than fine enough; precedence for this exists with my Terrene's use of its hangar defense turrets. All of those are T6 weapons that can be fitted with a T6 or lower weapon to act as turrets. It doesn't give permission for the use nor the fact that they're doing it, but there is precedent within the setting already that this sort of weapon mounting a personnel/power armor weapon onto a starship.

I guess if it's just external mounts as stated in the article, it makes more sense.

I would like to request that one of the other NTSE reviewers take over this submission.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ N/A ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ❌ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. What's an Augmented Software Package?
  2. Would you mind listing a price (or, where applicable, prices) for each item, please? I know it's a hassle - but in my opinion, adding them would drastically decrease the amount of "price requests" you get and would make it much, much, much easier for potential "customers" to judge just how much a new ship is going to cost.
  3. Would you mind adding a note to the OOC Notes stating that starships created via this system still have to be submitted and approved by the NTSE, please?
  4. Although Wes already posted his approval, I still need approval from:

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

On behalf of the entire Submission Reviewer team, I apologize for how long it took to get a review completed for this submission, @Ethereal. >.<

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back