• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Imperial Decree [Imperial Decree] Make A Treaty with Nepleslia

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Emperor Uesu said:
The senate is hereby ordered to draft a treaty for the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia. Each senator must contribute in some way. (OOC: Rough draft must be completed by Christmas)

Re: Imperial Decree

"... Well." The senator of the Warmaster worlds began, "Can we have some sort of original draft to base off of or something? Anyway... The obvious first... No shooting each other, enslaving each other, or such... Save in fancy words while being detailed to avoid loopholes."

Roxanne, wearing more demure clothing today, nodded. "A general treaty for commerce and mutual protection should be established, yes? Reopening formal trade ties with Nepleslia would serve us well."

"We may want to write in some sort of ability, for either side, to be able to call for assistance that we as... Human beings and Neko, must go to assist the call. Naturally this would be something important... Not a 'Cry wolf' type of thing. Or something."

"The clause can give the power to the military to decide when it is necessary for us to call our neighbor for help."

Hanako pointed out searching the databases for Decree 16 would bring up the old NSE/YSE treaty.

Nepleslia apparently refuses to re-use it.

Ayana from her comm link had sent, "Looking over the old decree there are certain things that might need to be adjusted. Some things require a change in wording.

Degree 16 Section 2 said:
The Yamatai Star Empire and the Empire of Nepleslia agree to maintain friendly, reasonably honest, peaceful relations and communications with one another. The Yamatai Star Empire and Empire of Nepleslia agree to make at least one diplomatic communication with each other per month and in-person meetings of rulers or appointed representatives on a year basis.

Seeing that we are in war time, this seems not like it could not be so manageable as it was originally thought. Perhaps it should go more like:

Proposed new treaty said:
The Yamatai Star Empire and the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia agree to maintain friendly, reasonably honest, peaceful relations and communications with one another. The Yamatai Star Empire and the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia agree to maintain at least 1 ambassador in each other's Senate during periods when they are in session via remote secure authenticated broadcast or in person.

This way, the gentlemen would be able to conduct their own affairs on Nepleslia; as well as, maintain their presence and voice here. I'm sure Ambassador Miller can agree that managing affairs in two locations can be quite daunting.

But moving on to the next part of the old decree:
Decree 16 Section 3 said:
The Yamatai Star Empire and the Empire of Nepleslia agree not to commit malicious acts against one another or employ others to commit malicious acts against one another, to include making any alliance with the known enemy of the other.

This part seems reasonable enough why not just update the wording of the title of Nepleslia from an Empire to the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia?

Decree 16 Section 4 said:
Both the Yamatai Star Empire and Empire of Nepleslia will recognize all ranks and titles bestowed on a person by the Yamatai Star Empire, its member states, and/or the Empire of Nepleslia.

My question about this part is "recognize the ranks and do what?". We currently do not allow dual citizenship. And it appears that the DIoN constitution denies nekovalkyrja the right to hold the offices of Senator or Premier; and to vote. Is it safe to assume that nekos are still not allowed to physically be on Nepleslia, Senator Miller?

If this still holds true then we can continue to keep this part of the old decree as well and just update the wording as appropriate.

Decree 16 Section 6 said:
Nekovalkyrja and will not be allowed on Nepleslian planets except to conduct official business for the Yamatai Government or Star Army of Yamatai. Nekovalkyrja are not to be allowed citizenship or to hold any government or military position in the Empire of Nepleslia or Star Army of Nepleslia. All Nekovalkyrja serving as government officials of Yamatai must first report to the government of Nepleslia for proper identification except for those serving as part of Star Army starship crews.

I would like for Nepleslia to put more effort when they can towards liberating the nekovalkryjas that are currently being bought and sold on the Black Market as slaves. Any nekovalkryjas found in that line of trade are requested to be deported back to Yamatai for counseling and rehabilitation to return to the general population.

Moving on to the next part of the old decree:

Decree 16 Section 7 said:
Starships of the Star Army of Yamatai will never be denied direct and unimpeded access to Nepleslian territories. Nepleslian civilian ships will be allowed to travel through Star Army space, but military ships will only be allowed in Yamatai space with permission from authorized members of the Star Army of Yamatai or the Yamatai government.

If we are to continue to be allies and consider each other equals, why not update this wording to be more fair to the Star Military of the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia than this? Why does the Star army of Yamatai get to have unimpeded access to Nepleslian space while the SMoDIN must get permission?

I propose for the sake of fairness and equality with the growing Star Military:

Proposed New Treaty said:
Yamataian civilian ships will be allowed to travel though Nepleslian space; but, starships of the Star Army of Yamatai will only be allowed access to Nepleslian territories with permission from authorized members of the Star Military of the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia or the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia. Nepleslian civilian ships will be allowed to travel through Star Army space, but military ships will only be allowed in Yamatai space with permission from authorized members of the Star Army of Yamatai or the Yamatai government.
"

The liliac haired Senator paused from her proposals for the new treaty to give some time for it all to sink in. It was quite a number of things to consider and she wanted to hear what Jack Miller had to say.

About Decree 16 Section 2 New Proposed Update said:
This way, the gentlemen would be able to conduct their own affairs on Nepleslia; as well as, maintain their presence and voice here. I'm sure Ambassador Miller can agree that managing affairs in two locations can be quite daunting.

The Nepleslian Ambassador, Jack Miller, nodded from his seat in agreement. "Sounds reasonable enough. Secures my job, that's for sure."

About Decree 16 Section 4 said:
This part seems reasonable enough why not just update the wording of the title of Nepleslia from an Empire to the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia?

Miller nodded again, dusting off his shoulder as he readjusted himself in his chair. "Always thought this part goes without saying...but I guess saying it wouldn't hurt."

About Decree 16 Section 4 said:
My question about this part is "recognize the ranks and do what?". We currently do not allow dual citizenship. And it appears that the DIoN constitution denies nekovalkyrja the right to hold the offices of Senator or Premier; and to vote. Is it safe to assume that nekos are still not allowed to physically be on Nepleslia, Senator Miller?

If this still holds true then we can continue to keep this part of the old decree as well and just update the wording as appropriate.

"Neko's aren't allowed on Nepleslian soil, period. This means all of our current planets and spaced-based stations. The reason why should be fairly obvious. We will respect the military rank of a Neko in your service, but the rule still stands," Miller took a breath before continuing. "The law can be lifted if both governments acknowledge the needs for it, but unless we have given our approval, the law is still in place and we will enforce it."

About Decree 16 Section 6 said:
I would like for Nepleslia to put more effort when they can towards liberating the nekovalkryjas that are currently being bought and sold on the Black Market as slaves. Any nekovalkryjas found in that line of trade are requested to be deported back to Yamatai for counseling and rehabilitation to return to the general population.

"I assure you, we do everything in our power to discover and halt any of the illegal nekovalkryja trade. I won't lie to you, it used to be a very prominent market, and chances are we have not rooted out all of the remaining businesses...but we are doing our best, be assured of that."

About Decree 16 Section 7 said:
Yamataian civilian ships will be allowed to travel though Nepleslian space; but, starships of the Star Army of Yamatai will only be allowed access to Nepleslian territories with permission from authorized members of the Star Military of the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia or the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia. Nepleslian civilian ships will be allowed to travel through Star Army space, but military ships will only be allowed in Yamatai space with permission from authorized members of the Star Army of Yamatai or the Yamatai government.

"This is satisfactory," Jack replied to the lilac-haired Senator. Miller did not attempt to bring up further points than this...he preferred to have these seven ironed out first before moving on to some of the more controversial points.

Ayana's holographic projection smiled sweetly at the Nepleslian ambassador.

"I understand that our race's ability to communicate telepathically with one another impedes on the notions of secrecy from us. And it would seem that all nekovalkryja are spies, but no amount of reassurance will probably sway those feelings of ill-will from the past. I understand it completely. It's a pity though, I would've liked to try hosting a whiskey tasting between my breweries and yours for your troops or even for your Senate." She grinned at this as she moved back to business.

"So the wording of the old Sections 4 and 6 simply needs to updated to better reflect the changes in what the gentlemen are choosing to call themselves. So it would read more like:

New Proposed Treaty said:
Both the Yamatai Star Empire and Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia will recognize all ranks and titles bestowed on a person by the Yamatai Star Empire, its member states, and/or the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia.

Nekovalkyrja and will not be allowed on Nepleslian planets except to conduct official business for the Yamatai Government or Star Army of Yamatai. Nekovalkyrja are not to be allowed citizenship or to hold any government or military position in the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia or Star Military of the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia. All Nekovalkyrja serving as government officials of Yamatai must first report to the government of Nepleslia for proper identification except for those serving as part of Star Army starship crews.

I think that sections 5 and 8 of the original treaty seems fair enough to keep with the appropriate rewording:

Decree 16 Section 5 said:
For the mutual safety, the Empire of Nepleslia agrees to enforce control of restricted technologies covered by Yamataian law, using them only it its military and organizations authorized the by the Nepleslian government.

Decree 16 Section 8 said:
In the event the Nepleslian capital world is under attack by large-scale enemy forces, Yamatai will send fleets equal to or greater than 10% of its total vessels in reinforcements to protect it. Nepleslia agrees to do the same upon Yamataian request, should the YSE capital world fall under attack.

We're allies, so it stands to reason that we'd be willing to help one another in a time of crisis. This does not apply during the current conflict because Yamatai itself is not currently under attack.

But I feel the real reason why the gentlemen do not wish to simply reus this treaty exists in Section 9:

Decree 16 Section 9 said:
The Empire of Nepleslia agrees to have no more than 20 fleets of equal to or less than numbers of one thousand ships each for its military, with no military ships or mobile space stations larger than 25km.

I feel that it is not truly our place as an Empire to impede the progress of another nation's ability to defend itself from a much larger threat that is even now surrounding us on all sides. They have the right to build up their military as much as they can afford to defend themselves against the SMX should they attack. I don't understand the need to impair their ability to build larger scale ships or stations, they are our allies and I would like to hope that despite our past differences that they might still consider us their brothers in arms.

I also fear that impeding their right to build up their military will only lead to more ill will and possibly deepen their resentment towards us. We should not seek to create an enemy in the hearts of those that we wish to fight alongside or come to our defense in our time of need. I would rather the 10% of ships to number 200,000 rather than 20,000 or 2,000. We're going to need all the help we can get."

The Tange watched her fellow members of the senate quietly again to see how they would act to this proposal.

Jack flashed the hologram a smirk at her mention of whiskey. "No offense, Senator, but I've always thought Yamataian liquor to be pretty boring. Haven't tried it in a while though, maybe its changed since YE26. I'll have to see sometime."

Miller cleared his throat after Ayame had finished her next set or proposals.

"So the wording of the old Sections 4 and 6 simply needs to updated to better reflect the changes in what the gentlemen are choosing to call themselves. So it would read more like:

New Proposed Treaty wrote:
Both the Yamatai Star Empire and Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia will recognize all ranks and titles bestowed on a person by the Yamatai Star Empire, its member states, and/or the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia.

Nekovalkyrja and will not be allowed on Nepleslian planets except to conduct official business for the Yamatai Government or Star Army of Yamatai. Nekovalkyrja are not to be allowed citizenship or to hold any government or military position in the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia or Star Military of the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia. All Nekovalkyrja serving as government officials of Yamatai must first report to the government of Nepleslia for proper identification except for those serving as part of Star Army starship crews.

"Those work," Miller put simply.

I think that sections 5 and 8 of the original treaty seems fair enough to keep with the appropriate wording:

Decree 16 Section 5 wrote:
For the mutual safety, the Empire of Nepleslia agrees to enforce control of restricted technologies covered by Yamataian law, using them only it its military and organizations authorized the by the Nepleslian government.

"With Section 5, yes, we will be restricting Yamataian's listed restricted technologies from use in anything other then NAM-approved designs. Although, Section 8, I might have a problem with."

Decree 16 Section 8 said:
In the event the Nepleslian capital world is under attack by large-scale enemy forces, Yamatai will send fleets equal to or greater than 10% of its total vessels in reinforcements to protect it. Nepleslia agrees to do the same upon Yamataian request, should the YSE capital world fall under attack.

"We are allies, but I don't think we like being forced into fights. There is always a chance that we might not be in a position to send each other reinforcements, or that we could be currently engaged in a war that you might not agree upon. I would prefer it if both Yamatai and Nepleslia would simply ask for assistance from each other when they need it...and at the time and place and circumstance, we can discuss the number of ships or supplies or troops we are willing to send."

I feel that it is not truly our place as an Empire to impede the progress of another nation's ability to defend itself from a much larger threat that is even now surrounding us on all sides. They have the right to build up their military as much as they can afford to defend themselves against the SMX should they attack. I don't understand the need to impair their ability to build larger scale ships or stations, they are our allies and I would like to hope that despite our past differences that they might still consider us their brothers in arms.

I also fear that impeding their right to build up their military will only lead to more ill will and possibly deepen their resentment towards us. We should not seek to create an enemy in the hearts of those that we wish to fight alongside or come to our defense in our time of need. I would rather the 10% of ships to number 200,000 rather than 20,000 or 2,000. We're going to need all the help we can get."

"I agree, Senator. I believe that we should have no bars put in our way in terms of how large our military is. This also helps you, if Section 8 is agreed upon."

The Lorath senator Aegis seemed rather disinterested with the treaty hammering, she actually felt somewhat insulted deep inside of her gut, knowing full well what kind of effort went into the treaty with her own people. She thumbed through her datapad before she spotted an opportunity to speak up.

"Why not proclaim an alliance and an open border and get it over with? You're already obligated to help each other, you're going to be roaming through each other's space, and as we all know, the Nepleslian people would like a taste of what Yamatai has... and judging by Roxanne, the Yamataian people want a taste of the Nepleslian life. Proclaim an alliance but maintain independence and sovereignty. Open up the border and allow stronger bonds to be formed between our two nations. this would be something ideal especially in this time of war, where it is painfully apparent that the Nepleslian people will not come away from this without either having war on the doorstep, or new neighbors with tentacles."

"I agree, Senator. I believe that we should have no bars put in our way in terms of how large our military is. This also helps you, if Section 8 is agreed upon."
Note that Yamatai has restrictions on the size of its own military fleet sizes (no more than 5,000 ships each), even. The old treaty lets Nepleslia have up to 20,000 ships and since Yamatai has four fleets, we are also restricted to 20,000 ships.

So, do you want the Nepleslians to overpower us with their tools of war? Why should we let them have more ships than we do?

"Why not proclaim an alliance and an open border and get it over with? You're already obligated to help each other, you're going to be roaming through each other's space, and as we all know, the Nepleslian people would like a taste of what Yamatai has... and judging by Roxanne, the Yamataian people want a taste of the Nepleslian life. Proclaim an alliance but maintain independence and sovereignty. Open up the border and allow stronger bonds to be formed between our two nations. this would be something ideal especially in this time of war, where it is painfully apparent that the Nepleslian people will not come away from this without either having war on the doorstep, or new neighbors with tentacles."

Miller looked a little miffed at that statement. He shrugged it off coolly, however.

"Yamataian civilians are welcome to travel to Nepleslian systems and worlds if they want, as long as they don't mind going through an occasional checkpoint to make sure they aren't breaking any laws. A lot of Yamataians chose to stay behind when Nepleslia gained independence, and live happily in our nation.

However, the law stands, and I'm afraid I'm not gonna change it here: Nekos and Yamataian warships are barred, and require permission from Nepleslian officials if they wish to travel through Nepleslian space or set foot on Nepleslian soil."

Note that Yamatai has restrictions on the size of its own military fleet sizes (no more than 5,000 ships each), even. The old treaty lets Nepleslia have up to 20,000 ships and since Yamatai has four fleets, we are also restricted to 20,000 ships.

So, do you want the Nepleslians to overpower us with their tools of war? Why should we let them have more ships than we do?

"Why? Because it's not our fault that you limit the size of your military. Because this restriction only hurts your Empire, because you are stopping yourselves from gaining more strength. If you don't want to be overpowered by us, which is ridiculously paranoid given the circumstance, then build more fleets. Nepleslia is going to continue building up our military because we are a growing nation, and require methods to protect our assets and our citizens.

My suggestion is that you do the same, and lift this fleet restriction you have over yourself. But, this is another matter entirely. Unless you can give me one hell of a reason why Nepleslia should limit its military growth, I'm putting my foot down on the matter."

"I feel that in this time of war, it is indeed foolish to limits our fleets' numbers when the SMX outnumber us so much! It isn't our place to regulate someone else's military nor government! In't the idea of granting them their independence from our rule to grant them the right to be treated like adults? Our judgments on how we run things shouldn't be imposed on the nations we seek to be allies with!" Ayana's voice took on a more aggitated tone from her normal cool, calm voice.

"Yes, let's make our allies loathe us by telling them how to run their government when our enemies will reap and sow the seeds of discontent and hatred! That is the way we create monsters that will overpower us! We should not oppress our allies!

If you truly seek start a revolution or make enemies of our allies, then continue to oppress Nepleslia, they have already proven that they are willing and able to fight for their freedom, let them stand as adults, as men, as a nation without crippling them because we seek to hinder our own fleet growth!"

Jack Miller simply crossed his arm idly, leaving on arm bent open-palmed towards Ayane's hologram in a 'yeah, what she said' fashion. Not exactly the most dignified behavior for an ambassador, but Miller had always been Jack Miller first, Ambassador second.

Maysaki shrugged lightly as she spoke up for the first time in a while, and nodded to Ayana. "Your emotion and such were really lost through the hologram, dear. But the point is made all the same... Honestly, I think someone up in the head department is attempting to commit suicide with Yamatai or something. But thats a different matter." She waved dismissively, "Neko don't go on Nepleslian soil, thats obvious. Frankly, I'd think it'd be best for the Neko's safety. Although people claim I have bias against neko for some reason, oh well." She stretched her arms upwards as the senator of the mostly Geshrin population of the Yam empire yawned a little. "But hey, how can we regulate what ships each other produce? What, will we go to war if they make more ships than us? Frankly Yamataian ships are so much better, no offense, than Nepleslian ships anyway." She shrugged once more.

"I approve of the treaty as is, though."

Ayana's smiled returned as she forwarded the treaty she had drafted so far from modifying the points on the old treaty with the parts under discussion bolded,

New SEY/DiN YE 30 Peace Treaty said:
Treaty between the Yamatai Star Empire and the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia

Whereas the Yamatai Star Empire wishes to recognize and create a state of peaceful and mutually prosperous relations with the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia, we mutually agree to enact and to follow the terms of this treaty:

The democratic Imperium of Nepleslia is recognized as a self-ruling nation no longer under the Yamatai Star Empire. All citizens wishing to remain part of Yamatai will be recognized as citizens of the Yamatai Star Empire with the rights and freedoms thereof. All who wish to continue as Nepleslian citizens are free to go, based on their choice. Dual citizenship will not be permitted, however.

The Yamatai Star Empire and the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia agree to maintain friendly, reasonably honest, peaceful relations and communications with one another. The Yamatai Star Empire and the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia agree to maintain at least 1 ambassador in each other's Senate during periods when they are in session via remote secure authenticated broadcast or in person.

The Yamatai Star Empire and the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia agree not to commit malicious acts against one another or employ others to commit malicious acts against one another, to include making any alliance with the known enemy of the other.

Both the Yamatai Star Empire and Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia will recognize all ranks and titles bestowed on a person by the Yamatai Star Empire, its member states, and/or the Empire of Nepleslia.

For the mutual safety, the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia agrees to enforce control of restricted technologies covered by Yamataian law, using them only it its military and organizations authorized the by the Nepleslian government.

In the event the Nepleslian is under attack by large-scale enemy forces, if they so request it and if Yamatai is able, reinforcements of a discussed number will be sent in for Nepleslia's protection. Nepleslia agrees to do the same upon Yamataian request, if they are able.

The Yamatain Star Empire shall no longer impede on the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia's military growth by forcing them to agree to restriction on the Star Military of the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia's fleet sizes.

Yamatai and Nepleslia agree that Nepleslian territorial expansion should continue to the Galactic Northwest, and Yamataian expansion should continue to the Galactic Southeast. Any other expansion of either nation should be discussed and agreed upon by members of both nation's senates.

This treaty is valid immediately upon approval by all governments involved (or the leaders thereof) and lasts forever unless all parties agree to nullify it. All parties must approve any modifications to this treaty.

Roxanne, who had remained quiet, stood up. "I motion we vote on the Jiyuu Senator's version of the treaty."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back