• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Interest Check In Character SANDRA broadcasting Podcast

RaWolfe

Retired Staff
Heya all,

As stated on the community meeting, and it slipt a few times due to the hot discussions I thought of just posting it here :) But basically, to keep everyone in the loop of what is going on in SARP in character I thought it would be neat to do Podcast of 5 minutes (not more!) to give an update about events happening across the board. Seeing I am a male and have a male voice :p I can only explain it by playing a Minkan male reporter for SANDRA. The topics can be various, from GMs that want me to state their impact on the SARP timeline, Kuvexian frontline news or foreign news.

So I am not really seeking players with this interest check, but I am seeking if there is interest in the idea to get something going. Here is an example, gladly hear the feedback on it :)

While working I’ve been thinking on what to do with the structure of this podcast. First of please keep the following in mind as I speak on experience. A podcast of 5 minutes has a workload of +/- 2 hours production. Especially the first one (as you require to make a template and such). now I do wish to take this workload upon myself and contribute to the community to help boost it.

now the question I am wondering about is “how many times does the community wish to see such podcast?” Keep in mind of what I said previous, I would advice no less then once a month. Why? I need to give folks the chance to reply or send in their stories.

For example of one month schedule. Send in is the time stories can be send in and on preproduction I suggest not to send anything in.
Week 1234
Send inSend inSend inPre-production

Other things I am depending on is both GMs/FMs and fleet commanders. Why? Because you guys deliver the news of your stories. Fleet commanders can state their status in their fleet if desired and mostly the kuvexian war or other events. For other FMs keep in mind that I would report this from a yamatai perspective and broadcast it as such (Even the nesh are noticeable by Yamatai).

I plan to create a Minkan news reporter that will be doing the news on the podcast. Question? Ask them! Suggestions? Tell them!

I do like the idea of the Yamataian based view point, but possibly in the future expanding to more views, like Nepleslian, Neshaten, NDC, anyone that wants to help out if they want to take it up and work from that aspect.

I also like the idea of having different GMs and FMs contributing, but also maybe some small made up stories, like local news snippets or the like. Mentions about site wide events like the children's festival, announcements about up site wide events like beach day, love day, yule, that sorta stuff that happens.

I do like the idea of the Yamataian based view point, but possibly in the future expanding to more views, like Nepleslian, Neshaten, NDC, anyone that wants to help out if they want to take it up and work from that aspect.

I also like the idea of having different GMs and FMs contributing, but also maybe some small made up stories, like local news snippets or the like. Mentions about site wide events like the children's festival, announcements about up site wide events like beach day, love day, yule, that sorta stuff that happens.

Yea exactly! Totally would love those kinds of topics :D Thought, out of the experience, I would say that it's not lots of work that requires to contribute to it. Like...I can only get two sentences per clip or news snips. Why? I believe that its 2 sentences well explained take between 15/20 seconds if done right. Now we got quite some plots going and factions in SARP that earn their shine.

Okay in advance apology for the tagging, but I will do it once and afterward it's up to you. Basically I tag you because news that is being made by @SageShooter and myself is dependent on what you guys deliver. Is it mandatory? No, it's my last wish option to force people to deliver the news. But why would you deliver the news? Simply, it adds to the roleplay, it gives a new perspective for players (both veteran and new), it gives a certain boost to your story an appeal. There are countless reasons. As said for now I tag Yamatai, but additionally, the podcast team wishes to do foreign news, so I tag some FMs to get your thoughts on this.

Keep in mind that a lot of things are being premade as I am typing this, testing, vocals, stories, intro's, platforms, etc.

Tags for those that it would be interesting for!
PlayerInvolved in...
@NashobaYSS Aeon II, Yamatai Empire, Fourth Standard Fleet, 2XF, Research Administration, Training
@WesYamatai Empire, First Standard Fleet, Second Fleet, Command, Logistics, Personnel, Ketsurui Fleet Yards
@GleinYSS Artemis
@AmethelianaYSS Kaiyō II, Ninth Fleet, Rikugun (Kuvexian War)
@BloodyScarletYSS Shinsugo
@ToshiroYamatai Empire
@Wolf62617th Bomber
@razThird Fleet, SAINT
@KaiFifth Standard Fleet
@SchererSoban8th Standard Fleet (Temp)
@club24Battlefield Education, Neshaten (FM)
@AndrewResolutions Of The Ghost, Seventh Fleet, 1XF
@YuukiResolutions Of The Ghost
@LegixNepleslia (FM)
@Charmaylarg DufrainNepleslia (FM)
@Jack PineNDC (FM)
@HarperMadiNDC (FM)

If I missed someone, my apology! But I think this is a pretty good start. As I said, I will do this tag once, not more! We depend on news snips (2 sentences max!) from you so we can provide it :) The aim is to do it monthly. Thought I got to be honest and realistic, if we got to low of a count in articles/snips to work with then the podcast will not be posted or even made! If we don't get the material, then we got nothing to report. I am looking for ways to make it entertaining, but its all work in process as the first real podcast has not been pinned in date as of yet.

As you can see, its a lot of work for us, lots of things to consider and how to put it all together. So a small contribution from you is a contribution to the whole community in my view. Lots of love to you all <3

As i menti when speaking with wolfe on discord, for the time being i wont be including anything nesh for ic reasons but im open to submit stuff other than them such as horizon as a company and the elysian plot i run

RPG-D RPGfix
Back