• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP In Dusk We Trust

Adi
Adi proved rather easy to drag away on account of her surprisingly light weight, it was just a matter of getting her large wings out of the way of any obstacles and Sonia getting a good grip on her.

Adria
Adria resisted the trooper's attempt to rescue her. This was more important. The vision was now escaping more quickly, she needed to catch it before "Ydrin" disappeared. He's back, this has to be him, she thought. If I can just explain to him, he'll understand. He has to understand!

Isabelle
Nyx's usage of her wings kept some of the fog away, but some of the gas was still creeping in. Common sense would tell her it was too late and that she needed to go with Nyx right away, but the nightmare mist was eating away at common sense. She tried to carry Jack's lifeless body with her. "We can't leave him behind... we can still save him!" she tried to convince Nyx. Her attempts to bring him with her were obviously slowing her down, too slow to escape the attack in time. "Please... Nyx... we have to bring him back..." she begged, pausing to look at Jack.

Sanctuary City
“All units, Nomad. Recommend approach and evac from stage to the west. Gas and crowds are concentrated toward eastern side of the pavilion, repeat, best access is from the west, out”
The rescue of the Elysian had not gone unnoticed by the marksman, however, her life lay in the hands of others now. Aztec still had a job to do here.

The Park, Ground Zero
Issabelle would not get the chance, Nyx having some unexpecting help in deterring her mother, to allow the gynoid to pull the grieving widow away. Zeke, still covered in the blood of his friend, lifted Jack's deceased body and began to carry him away. He struggled a bit, but it mattered not to him as he did so with the fear and sorrowfully driven adrenaline rush he was receiving right now through out his body. The spiky blonde childhood friend of the now dead lord, carried Jack from the stage and away from the chaotic horde of delirious people. He made his way towards the nearest gap that would let him leave this scene behind, to lay his friend on more peaceful grasses, and give one last goodbye.

The trooper trying to pull Adria away, would have little trouble in the matter, given the large difference in strength between the two. Even as she was pulled away, Sonia would soon follow with unconscious Adi in tow still, getting the sisters as far from danger as they could be removed. Sasha too, would be carried away by those still holding security on the stage, as those still present fled the creeping gas, her body still in shock being limp as it had been. They all would be brought to the awaiting line of BRRF keeping the perimeter around the scene, a familiar set of arms taking some of them into safer company.

Sonia would take Adi to the nearest medic to be looked over, same as Adria by the trooper, meanwhile Sasha was handed off to the arms of Mark Oaklen who now deeply mourned the death of not only his brother, but another of his own soul. He held her close as he brought her to somewhere while the gas could be treated, and her shock dealt with. The number of frenzied people now only a few, as most were incapacitated with non-lethal rounds, a containment team moving in to place devices to draw in the airborne agent.

As Aztec descended from the roof, he was met by Mark Tazar, "The situation is settling down here, they need you to go check on the princess.....as others are going to ensure the others remain safe, all have seen what just happened. Some are even concerned for the state of those less stable among the family, go make sure she's okay goldie."

Rihanna would have seen the feeds by now, heard the cries of the maddened crowd, and seen the live broadcasted cause for this all. One camera would even catch Zeke as he carried the Lord's body away to safety for retrieval later. Even the camera feed seemed warped, because that usually happy exterior of his, had been shattered and replaced with one broken and devastated.

The Gates, Mainland Bridge Utility Corridors
Vector and Yago entered the corridor, the confined catwalk like space, one being where they would not wish to encounter conflict. Their mission now was to escape at all costs, and to prevent capture. Well if it came to the latter, Vector had a belt of solutions, but he hoped it would not come to such a extreme measure. As they proceeded, he kept his cloak on, as not to be seen with his armor. Yago still dressed as a civilian, could perhaps at least concoct some sort of plausible excuse if necessary.....hopefully if he was being somewhat optimistic. Neither would be expecting the fact that a pair of wildcards were waiting at the end of the bridge for suspects however.

The Park, Outskirts of Chaos
Zeke trudged on still, the troops who waited on the perimeter, disheartened to see the sight before them. Most of the BRRF were old guard, troops having been around since the old days of Section 6, and well aware of the men's history together from countless stories. A pair of those standing watch, saluted in sadness as their commander, who they proudly served under for years, was carried through. The blonde man only stopping once he found a mostly quiet, and shady tree to lay his fallen brother under peacefully. With Jack's body rested against the tree, Zeke fought back the tears as he dropped to lean against the tree, sitting beside his oldest friend.

A shaky hand reached over, reaching under the collar of royal garbs, before jerking with effort as a dog tag was ripped free. It was clutched in Zeke's hand as he then held it tightly to his aching chest. "God- godamnit Jack! You said we'd fight and die together, brothers til- til the very end. You f-fucking lied, so how could you leave me here like this. Did I cause your death? Just like Zack's?! Is this my f-fault, that you who deserved a happy life the most, now have only mourning family left behind.", he began, his words stumbling as he tried to come to grips with this. He was angry not at him, but himself, the gas still muddying his thoughts a bit. It caused voices long buried to pick and bully at his mind again, to push doubt into it, as they warped his emotions to guilt and regret.

"You didn't deserve this, you were the one who deserved to have lived better. You had a family, a home, a future, and a reason to leave the gun out of your hand for once." he continued as his fist clenched on the metal tag in his hand tighter, drawing the fresh feint smell of coppery blood. Choking on the rising sobs, he got out what he felt he still needed to say, "I'm so sorry my brother, that this is my fault, that I couldn't be there. That I couldn't make sure you kept what you deserved. I'm sorry...t-that I never got the chance to say goodbye while you could still hear me. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry. Jack p-please....forgive me, don't leave me here."

With what what he could say, said and spoken as much as he had strength for, the man sat by his brother's side one last time. He stayed there, tears never ending as those troopers from before quietly called for someone to come retrieve the body for a honored funeral. All the while, watching on as Zeke gripped onto his pain, and stayed by Jack's side for as long as he could.

In a way, it felt rather strange journeying through the sewer for Yago. Here he was dressed as an ordinary citizen walking by Vector who was donned in his combat attire. His mind worked to develop a plausible cover story should they happen to come across any authorities in the sewer or on the way out. The grip around his pipe tightened as he felt his nerves quiver. They relaxed themselves though as Yago believed that he had found a passable excuse for any peace officers that try to stop them.

He glanced at Vector though, realizing that his appearance may make it more difficult for them to talk their way out. Then again, Yago figured that as long as the authorities did not check their clothes, then perhaps Vector could pass off as a homeless person with his cloak. A chuckle at the thought ran through his mind as the two terrorists neared their escape point.

Ven waited as what appeared to be a single man moved to where her ambush was set, technically, he could be innocent. She wanted to question him regardless. She couldn't do that with his dead body. If the metal pipes were branches and he, a pig that she wanted to eat, it would be just like growing up on Essia. So with the patience of the ambush predator she was, she waited for him to approach closely.

When he was almost on top of her, she uncoiled from the shadows. Blocking his way with surprising speed, her long muscular tail coiling to fill the small hall. Her gun leveled on him, hopefully impressing on Yago the seriousness of her intent. If she could not catch him, she would kill him.

"I'm Spectre Ven, if you would come with me peacefully, I would appreciate it." She said with a menacing hiss.

Last edited:
“Alright, Louis that enough of the riot, I know what I’m asking is hard and crazy, but I need you to go and confirm Jack Pine’s status.” The voice in his ear asked Louis letting his head fall before the reporter said, “You’ve got to be kidding me, man.” There was a moment of silence before his producer spoke again “Louis please the people need to know after seeing what happened on the live broadcast!” rubbing his face he got up then dusted himself off before killing the live feed “BRRF…. Not the worst guys to get beaten by.” Louis said to himself while walking towards the group of soldiers, taking a deep breath to get his nerves under control.

Looking out over the chaos Louis was reminded of the riots and other civil unrest that his mentor Silas had covered in dozens of cities across the Sector ranging from protests to uprisings. He hadn’t covered what appeared to be a chemical attack though “I can’t wait to tell the old man about this if I make it out in one piece.” He muttered again. Approaching the BRRF soldiers he held up his press badge “I’m Louis London with NDCB, I’m trying to confirm the status of Jack Pine!”

Sanctuary City, Park
“Sir” Aztec replied, saluting Mark and acknowledging the order. Aztec didn’t think he’d meant it as such, but Mark’s words could come off as insulting, given the context they were taken in. Armora wasn’t unstable, well, mostly, she just thought differently than all of her brothers and sisters, was all...
The horseman continued down the remaining flights, exiting the building from the side facing the park, getting a look at the entrance, now bustling with medical personnel, riot gear equipped soldiers and the occasional PA armored form of the BRRF troopers, all flanked by a pair of said unit’s IFVs. FUBAR, indeed...
Aztec hitched a ride with a transport, getting off a couple blocks from Armora’s apartment. Not for the first time, it occurred to him he should consider having a geist implanted, as he would’ve been able to contact Armora directly with it, as well as his recent promotion to warrant officer having one was becoming more a matter of practicality now...
Having reached her apartment, Jay removed his helmet before chiming the door, unsure of what state he’d find Armora in inside...

Serenity
“Miss Alvarez?” Her ears picked up the voice, Rihanna turned her head to follow them, seeing the technician who’d called her name. “Yes?” She asked.
“We could use your help, it’s Uhm, about Zeke...”
That caught her attention, her ears perked forward. “What?! What about him, is he alright?!”
“Well, we’re not sure, he came in here, shouting something and locked himself inside his mech...”
“Wait, he’s here?! Wasn’t he exposed to whatever was in the park? Why didn’t anyone stop him?!”
“I...I don’t know, ma’am, but we can’t get him out, he’s not listening to us...”
“I’ll see what I can do. Let’s go!” Rihanna finished, already heading to the bay where Zeke kept his mechs, hiding her worry for him from the young man following her. The pair arrived soon enough, Rihanna noting a small crowd had gathered near the mech Zeke had locked himself in, unsurprisingly it was Onyx. The crowd let her through, Rihanna climbed the scaffolding leading to the cockpit access way, her private hails to Zeke’s geist going worryingly unanswered. Rihanna knelt on the access way, next to Onyx’s cockpit. “Zeke?” She asked, skipping her usual calling him “flyboy”.

Last edited:
Yago froze up for a brief moment at the sudden appearance of the Separa'Shan blocking their route. It was unexpected, and he figured that both he and Vector would be home free already. They were far enough from the scene of the crime, so there was no use letting that opportunity go to waste. He did his best to act like a panicked bystander and cried, "Why are you stopping me!? Did you see what happened at the event!? The ruler who was shot!? The people who went mad!? I recently fought off someone who tried to strangle me down here! Who knows how many more of those madmen are lingering down here! You have to let me by! If they find me they will surely try to rip me apart!"

The anthro hoped that Vector had a plan in mind and that his acting skills would be enough to convince Spectre to lower her guard.

Park
The unrest caused by the gas had been firmly quelled, all the effected people now incapacitated. Medical teams carried them away for treatment, ambulances having arrived in a row, they patient bays quickly filled. The park would be put on lock down for the remained of the day, and one after.

Those few unfortunate to either have been involved in the shooting, or those wildly harmed in the effects of the gas on the crowd. Were also carried away, for their bodies to be prepared for funerals. The memorial walls would have new orbs in them come nightfall, including the one for the Lord himself. A sight which Louis would be granted to see as the body was descretely gathered from under the tree. The bag open for him to see Jack's face and wound.

"If you have all you need for the news sir, we must prepare his body for the ceremony. I'm sure his wife and children would not want to postpone his body being put to rest." Was all the medics would say to Louis after he had a few minutes to gather what he needed.

As dusk set on the city of Obsidian, some people were beginning to wonder, just what kind of dawn remained for them. Without their leader who had been the tip of their spear, who would take his place, and how was this nation going to fair going forward? It was a disaster, and not one anyone would forget for a long time to come.

OOC: This marks the official close of the thread. Thank you for being here and playing a part in a major historical event for the NDC. I look forward to the stories we'll write going forward, and how you guys will help shape them. All unfinished business, I would like to ask, be completed in JPs. They can be posted to the thread afterwards.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back