• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP [Independent-plot] ISS Sobek

Sood Zadra UX-3 III
Sood Zadra spaceport

ISS Sobek
Engineering section

Nikicon had moved back into the enclosed area that she was working in after talking to Lenna on the coms. Then poking it back out the looks over toward Mileena and says " I'm ok its nothing just dirt smoke and a will wash out. Hand me that large box of tools over there and then the devices that Stan hands me." Stan was muttering something as he was going through what looked to be the spare parts bin. As this was happening there was a flash within the darkness a zap and a pop. The lights within Sobek dim, flicker, and with that pop go out completely as silence overtakes the darkness. A few bulbs are light in the consoles, here and there but for the most part, everything was out. There was a hum as the emergency cooling systems kicked in to cool off the power plant as the main systems were offline. "FUCK!" bonk "Ouch! damn it" a fumbling noise and then a light shines from the darkness where Nikicon was at. Soon stepping out she looks around to the others in the engineer room. " well that is not good. I hope that was Lenna turning off the power, and not something else blowing out. " Stan walks over to a light atop his head as he hands Nikicon the part. " here, take you this and replace, yes, yes. then find what else went. I go get research people they help yes yes?" Nikicon nods and then says "Yes, yes, go get them please."

ISS Sobek
Dorsal bridge
Lenna was working the controls to turn off the main power and was watching the power levels flicker once more and then drop, jump up, and just as she reached over to shut off the power there was a massive spike. " that was not good I hope that was not going to be bad." Looking back to Hogi as she activated the backup power for the life support she nods some "Thanks, we will need to get replacement power cells now because of this too.... ugh those were a bitch to find last time. Maybe Dr Shinji's team has something that can replace them..." Lenna lets that hang in the air for a little while as the red lights dimly turn on at first and grow in brightness so that they can see once more. Monitoring the power levels of the power cells and nods some. " ok they all look to be green a few are near the yellow band but given how old they are that is to be expected." Lenna moves to go back to eating and looks over toward Hogi, " how is the pod working out for you?"

ISS Sobek
Ventral shuttle bay

Dom, Sa'dor, and the girls all approach the craft to welcome the team when the power flickers " Now what?" asks Kára as the power flickers and then suddenly goes out as she whimpers "Oh hush Kára it's just the power going out." says Eir. Dom "Get out your flashlights and stay quiet please, we need to make sure the shuttle is unplugged from the Sobek just in case a power spike hits the shuttle or the Sobek attempts to use the shuttle as a power source. " He pulls out his compad and contacts the others in the ventral shuttle bay and asks them to unhook the other shuttles up there also.

The shuttle's door opens and instead of a birth white light it is a pleasant red light as Dr Shinji steps out with a red light in hand "Looks like we got here just in time, Get out stuff team we have work to do. " Then pauses some and looks at those around him seeing Dom, the one that leads his shuttle in, and smiles "Domidar, I assume?"

Dom nods and then says "Dom is fine, Doc Go ahead and head off to the Engineering I am sure you are needed there." Dom looks around and then says Herja, can you show the doc and his team to the Engineering section and help if needed with moving their tools there also?" Dr. Shinji smiles and then says "We don't need help with our tools and the guide there will help out greatly, Thanks" A series of floating carts comes from the shuttle following one of the team and then out the door as the researchers head off to the Sobeks engineer section.

Last edited:
Sood Zadra UX-3 III
Sood Zadra spaceport
ISS Sobek
Engineering section

Mileena, relieved to see Nikicon unharmed, observed the scene unfolding in the engineer room. Following Nikicon’s orders, Mileena quickly grabs the large box of tools and saw the devices that Stan handed Nikicon, glancing around the darkened engineering section. The emergency lighting provided only a faint glow, casting long shadows across the consoles and equipment. Nikicon, now holding a light, starts inspecting the area where she was working before the power outage. As Mileena approaches Nikicon, with the box, her tail twitched slightly at the air and also to show her emotional state.

Dorsal Bridge

"Had to sleep when was put in, so no use." The creature meekly stared into the distance, like they did. "So I find a pit with pictures of... erm... FEE LINE~..."

A distant expression, thinking about that strange enclosure. What was it for?

Dim light, warm food, starting to feel sleepy again... Daydreams...

"...Kyaptain... Can we ask for Soon's Kotema's Soronza for come with?... He is good at fight lizard and very freindly dreekgun."

That was... that supposed cannibal, and bunny-terrifier, they found in the croissant-ship wreck, Lenna would remember- But why in the heck did the litteral doctor of the ship want a psychopath like that on board!?

Holgi was blushing, sinking onto her elbows and narrowing her eyes. She was thinking about them brushing her hair. And that really long pretty face, with the big long fangs...

"For professshunal prepouses!" A blink back to reality, of self awareness. "This could get dangerous!"

Sood Zadra UX-3 III
Sood Zadra spaceport

ISS Sobek
Engineering section

Nikicon looked into the darkness her headlamp lighting up a smokey hallway as she moved down it Mileena followed with the toolbox and then the device. " now what?" " Nikicon starts to move about looking at the scoring and then sighs softly. "It's ok, As the power was shut off it arced across the missing device. I think. " Looks around as she moves to hook up a diagnostic device and turns it on as she tries to see if anything else was damaged in the fireworks show. Looking back to her friend she smiles some and then says "This is just another day for me, except this is one of the worst ones that is for sure. " She smiles and then holds out her hand " ok can you hand me the part please so I can get it back in? Moving to a large box she pops it open as dark smoke drifts from it and she nods moving to unhook the device. "Yep, it arced across the part." Small dark burnt chunks fall as Nikicon removes broken parts from within it. Then starts to remove several large metal pieces that have a white arc from electricity arching through them. Then with a yank pulls out the last bit and then says " There is a brush in the toolbox, can you hand it to me please?"

After getting the brush she starts to brush out the area she was working on and then starts to hum to herself as he works cleaning out the broken parts and then smiles some time later. " ah there we go!" Reaching for the device and moving to start to put it back into the socket. With a grunt, she stands up and presses in on the part till a soft pop is heard and a click. Nodding she moves over toward the device box and then moves to open a few more panels to see if there was any more damage.

ISS Sobek
Dorsal bridge

Hearing Hogi talking about her needing to sleep and that she walked off to a pit that had pictures of felines. Blinking she looks at her. "wait you went into someone's room?" sighs softly and then says " The person's room area is off-limits to anyone not living in that room. Lenna looks over at the silanbar and sighs as she realizes that she may have to make sure people's private areas are not walked into and that they are meant to be private. Or have the owners of the rooms enable the available door locks.

Hearing her talking again she leans back and thinks " Not sure if I want him onboard, He did steal a gift that i got from the Salvage giveaway and nearly destroyed it, as with a turret that is now on the Sobek, Soronza, and Kotema. He is a great fighter, but he also did not like that I was the one in charge of my own ship. " Sighs softly and then wonders why the doctor would want to have someone like Soronza on the ship. Looking back toward Hogi and seeing the blush she sighs some as it now becomes clear to her. "yes it can get dangerous and we have very good fighters onboard the ship already the Felines of the room that you walked into for example. They may complain and whine but they are great fighters and gunners. I'm a good shot and can hold my own at fighting. Nikicon well she is a worrisome one but she knows how to hide and in a pinch, she can fight to run away well.

ISS Sobek
Ventral shuttle bay

Finishing up the hold down for the shuttle of the research team that just boarded Dom looks around and then says to the crew. Make sure everything is ready to go for when the power comes back on and stay in here till the power comes back online and then hook the shuttles back into the Sobek. The rest of the crew moves about working on this and that as the time goes by each with a headlamp or flashlight to see.

Sood Zadra UX-3 III
Sood Zadra spaceport

ISS Sobek
Engineering section
Mileena handed Nikicon the brush, observing the meticulous work being done to repair the damage in the engineering section of the ISS Sobek. The hum of machinery and the occasional hiss of escaping gas filled the air. As Nikicon examined the panels for further damage, Mileena couldn't help but feel a sense of admiration for her friend's composure in the face of such challenges.

"You're amazing, Nikicon," Mileena said, her voice muffled slightly by the suit. "I don't know how you stay so calm in situations like this. If it were me, I'd probably be panicking." Mileena nodded,as Nikicon continued her inspection, Mileena couldn't help but ask, "Do you think the power surge affected any other systems?" With that, the two continued their work, the hum of machinery and the occasional clinks of tools echoing in the confined space. As Nikicon meticulously checked each panel, Mileena couldn't help but feel a sense of reassurance. They were a team, and together, they would ensure the ISS Sobek continued its mission in the vastness of space.

Dorsal Bridge

Holgi huffed and began to sulk after the captain's beration, flattening out on the floor and spreading out all four limbs like some great safari score, turned into a rug. Much like a cat, she could do the splits regardless of how rotund her body looked... Of course they had the common inexplicable urge to 'fix the bad boy' with Soronza, but it would have been nice just to have somebody scary on their side to reduce problems too.

"...Kyaptain Lenna needs a master of tasks." A discouraged tone, top of jaw flapping up and down towards the demure cinammon-skinned human. "You are nice. But strict too. Sood Zadra creatures not used to this. We don't know rules..."

"Some things take a bigger pepp that a pistol to do in, too. Some things got armour, or bigger guns..."

Sood Zadra UX-3 III
Sood Zadra spaceport

ISS Sobek
Engineering section

Nikicon moved about the diagnostic device beeped and Nikicon moved from the panel that was open and moved over to the device she looked at it and hit buttons on it lost in thought as she mhmms, muttering softly to herself. It was like she was alone lost in her work as she was not used to having someone helping her. " ok let's see these parts are all damaged but no more than they were last time I was running this on them so that seems to be good. what?" Looking up seeing Mileena Nikicon jumps "Oh shit! ! " blinks then blushes softly "Sorry I forgot you were here Mileena too used to work alone in here. Um"

Nikicon tilts her head some as she tries to go over what Mileena is talking about and then says softly. blushing as she was told that she was amazing and that she was so calm "Thanks, I've not always been like this. I used to be so worried about things and took shortcuts to make repairs. But they always bit me in the butt and made things worse when the shortcut band-aids burned out and failed, taking more systems down with them. It's something that I have learned the hard way many times before. " Nikicon nods some as she moves over to Mileena and then says " ok I need you to go and grab the parts I have highlighted here. " hands over a pad that shows a list of 30 parts that are damaged, but only 4 are highlighted. " They should be in the storage bins, if you can't find them let me know and I'll help you find them. In the meantime, I am going to get them removed from the ship so I can replace them.

Sood Zadra UX-3 III
Sood Zadra spaceport

ISS Sobek
Dorsal Bridge

Lenna looked over at Hogi as she looked to deflate on the floor and then asked " Hogi are you ok? " Amazed at how limber she was despite the shape she appeared to be in. Then as she was addressed once more she nodded some and then said "I attempted to threaten to use force to show the "I" was in command. But I felt like I went too far and overboard. Soronza is a fighter, yes, but he is also rough around the edges. But if you think he'll be a good part of the crew I guess we can try and see if he'll be willing to take orders from me and take him along. "

Lenna looks at the power readouts from engineering and sighs " I hope nothing went wrong in engineering I've not got a report from Nikicon and it's already been 30 minutes."

Sood Zadra UX-3 III
Sood Zadra spaceport

ISS Sobek
Engineering section

Mileena, slightly startled by Nikicon's sudden awareness of her presence, quickly composes herself and nods in understanding. "No problem, Nikicon. I'm here to assist in any way I can." As Nikicon explains her past experiences and the importance of thorough repairs, Mileena listens attentively. "It sounds like you've gained a lot of valuable experience over time," she remarks, offering a supportive smile. "It's impressive that you've learned from your mistakes and developed such a meticulous approach."

Taking the pad with the highlighted parts, Mileena looks it over and nods again. "I'll head to the storage bins and find these parts for you. If there's anything specific I need to know or if I can't find them, I'll make sure to reach out." She then starts making her way towards the storage area, determined to complete the task efficiently. As Mileena navigates through the ship, her fox anthro eyes keenly observe the surroundings. The ship's interior is a mix of metallic surfaces, blinking control panels, and occasional signs of wear and tear.

The storage area in the Engineering is marked by neatly organized bins and shelves, each containing a variety of spare parts and equipment. Mileena takes note of the labels and numbers on the storage units, searching for the specific parts highlighted by Nikicon. Her fox-like instincts guide her, and she moves with agility and precision. As she reaches the designated section, she starts inspecting the bins, comparing the contents with the list on the pad. The glow of the ship's lighting reflects off her fur as she concentrates on her task. Mileena's keen senses pick up on subtle sounds and movements in the ship, making her feel connected to the vessel's workings.

After a few moments of searching, Mileena spots the first bin with the highlighted parts. She carefully retrieves them, ensuring not to disturb the surrounding items. With the components in hand, she continues scanning the storage area for the remaining items on the list. The rustling sound of her tail against the shelves accompanies her movements, creating a rhythmic pattern in the otherwise quiet storage room.

Last edited:
Sood Zadra UX-3 III
Sood Zadra spaceport

ISS Sobek

Engineering section

While looking for the parts, Mileena can hear voices coming closer and closer. From the sounds, it was a new group of voices, as with those of two that she might recognize. A few moments later the door to the engineering room was opened and in steps, a Male Minkan, a Nekovalkyrja, a KAIMON, Stan, and Herja, the 3 new people moved to the side as a floating cart comes into the room and followed by another, the last one hovers in the doorway as the Minkan seeing Mileena nearby the parts he smiles moving over to her.

“Hello there, Mileena, was it? What seems to be the issue with Sobek? “The other two start to move to gather up some tools and move to the consoles as they look at the status of the engineering room. Stain Spoke up, “Power not doing well, off it was turned, fried part it did as it went off. Also Meason reactor not reacting at full power due to thermal overload, only running at most 72% of normal. As with a long list of older, hard-to-find parts that are aged and barely holding on. “The research team nods as Stan tells them what was going on.

Dr Shinji, hearing the noise of Nikicon working in the darkness, nods over toward the noise asking, “Is that Nikicon I hear working?” And then after a short pause keeps saying, “Ok Team, we have work to do. Let’s get to it.” The other two nod and move to gather tools and start to work on finding out what went wrong that caused the Sobek to be in the dark unpowered state it was in at the moment.

Madry moves to connect a device to the console port and powers it up as the device beeps and starts to work on finding out the reason for the power being off. while Freja and Dr. Shinji moved to plug in a larger device that was on a new cart that floated into the room and hovered over nearby the main access to the ship’s computer system.

Dorsal Bridge

Holgi whale-eyed a bit without moving their head, then looked straight ahead, repressing the answer they had for captain Lenna in mind. The fact that the human wasn't willing to be assertive was kind of a self completing cycle, she had no faith that Soronza would actually do what he was told... or listen to Holgi either, really.

"...Are these new crews be sayin' how long they taking?" A depressive shrug tried to refocus the lizard's mind on their actual job, thinking back to their concerns over Sood Zadra's high oxygen atnopshere earlier. "Ship air is from machine here. That machine is off? This not good for crew, longer we not do anything... Not sure it good for ship being long dark either, ice will form on ship-holes."

Bit difficult to describe what she was talking about, without knowing the words for anything human engineering related. But it was their official trained job to keep organic things of all sorts alive, so the silanbar knew a lot about that. And maybe a few useful bodges she'd heard, here and there.

"M-m-maybe Kyaptun Lenna want Holgi, g-go down life support system and make work by itself?... Need smaller less g-good junior-person child-engineer?... B-but can take pipe of electrics- ~him hose that fills up with them volcurrenttages~ - and stick him in butt of shuttle???... and use his belly of heat-light for a while?"

It hurt to think like that. She didn't like it.

Sood Zadra UX-3 III
Sood Zadra spaceport

ISS Sobek

Engineering section

Nikicon nods some as Meileena talks about how she has gained valuable experiences and learned how important doing proper repairs is. Then, as Mileena moved to go get the parts Nikicon moved to yank out, the parts that she was going to replace. Placing them in the hallway next to her as she worked. Hearing the group enter the engineering bay she smiles and says “That would be Dr Shinji I bet.” standing up and stretching a little as she moves to step from the darkness and into the low light of the engineering room. “Greetings Doc, We had a minor issue that became a larger problem.“ Nikicon looks around some as they move to hook up the tools to the ship and tilts her head some.

Hearing Nikicon move out of the dark hallway that she was working in and then talk to him, he smiles and moves to stand up, letting work on the device hold for now. “ Hello there Nikicon was it? It is good that we managed to get here.” he smiles, moving forward to offer the Hare a hand, and once taken he shakes it “It is nice to meet you and Sobek. Is there anything we can do to help speed up the repair and get the power back up?”

Nikicon smiles, taking the hand and shaking it back as she beams. As she looks over to the others she hears a beep from the device that Madry was working on and then moves over to Nikicon and Dr Shinji. “Sir, it looks like there are some missing parts that are vital to the power network and there is some damage to ALL over the ship, some way past needing to be replaced and on the verge of causing a larger issue. Nikicon sighs softly and then says, “I wish we were able to take better care of the ship, but I am trying so hard to get the parts we need. But there are rare, unknown, or so damn expensive that Lenna can’t afford them. I have tried to band-aid them as best I can with newer tech and replace the older systems but outside of a major gutting and overhaul, which we can not afford at the time, it is nearly impossible to repair most of the damaged systems and parts. The main power is something I have never seen before and it’s damaged and not able to run at the power levels that we feel comfortable with and has been overloading itself and shutting down a lot. “

Dr Shinji takes in all this as he nods some “ok I see I see, Well we will find out what we can do and get the Sobek back up and running as best we can then!?“ He smiles as Nikicon takes the parts from Milena and heads back into the darkness as she replaces the parts. Then, in a few moments, she calls out. “Clear, I am going to throw the switch and get the ship back running. Be careful as it might throw short out in some places. There was a wiring sound, a whoosh, and then a hum that grew louder, and then a bang, bang, and BANG! followed by the clicking of devices as the power reaches them, Sparks fly in the darkness as Nikicon screams, then says quickly “I’m ok, I’m ok!” Then another loud pop and a scream then nothing as the ship’s power turns on, the ship's systems coming online.

ISS Sobek
Dorsal Bridge

The ship's power flips on bit by bit as in the Dorsal bridge the power comes on as Lenna smiles “Ah that is good They got the ship back up and going.“ Looking over to Holgi and smiles some, “We have tried to do that before Holgi and the Sobek fired the shuttle that we attempted to plug in and get power from. The systems of the Sobek pulled more current than a shuttle was able to give, and it was not good at all. As for the new crew that you speak of, they are going to be with us for at least this trip and back. If they are able to help Sobek, they might be on for a longer period of time.

Lenna moves over to power up the bridge systems and then the AI flickers on a nearby screen as he looks over toward Holgi, “Medical needed in the engineering room, Power is running at 74.332 percent of normal damage to the ship was minimal, a shot over a part during powering down resulted in more damage than expected. The ship appears to be at best power levels as there is an improvement of 9% before shutdown. Captain Lenna Nikicon is hurt and needs medical help. I do not know what happened but a Dr Shinji informed me that she is ok, but needs treatment for electrical burns, and electrical shock.

Blinking, Lenna looks at the screen and then hears her friend was injured and needs medical help, she looks over to Holgi and then says “You heard that Doc, You're needed in the engineering room.” Then, turning to the ship systems, she turns on the coms, and contacts the tower of the spaceport. Sood Zadra, we had a small power outage onboard but are back up and going once more. Do we still have clearance for takeoff?" “Negative Sobek, stay where you are, power down engines and abort takeoff. Our sensors report massive power-related explosions inside.“ Lenna sighs some and then says “Sood Zadra we are good a few parts shorted out as we were readying to take off and are fixed and ready to go.” “Neg you are to hold and await clearance once more ISS Sobek, Tower out!”

Lenna sighs and leans back into the seat. “Well fuck! this is going to be a long day!”

Mileena, with her keen senses, picked up the approaching voices, identifying them as belonging to a new group of individuals, though she also recognized the voices of two among them. As they entered the engineering room, she observed a Male Minkan, a Nekovalkyrja, a KAIMON, Stan, and Herja. The newcomers quickly dispersed, with three of them moving aside to make way for floating carts while the last one lingered in the doorway.

Approaching her with a friendly smile, the Male Minkan addressed Mileena, inquiring about the issue with Sobek. Before she could respond, Stan jumped in, outlining the problems succinctly: power failure, a fried component, and the Meason reactor functioning below capacity due to thermal overload. He also mentioned the challenge of sourcing older parts that were in dire need of replacement.

Acknowledging Stan's assessment, Mileena nodded, her fox-like ears twitching slightly as she considered the situation. "Yes, that's correct," she confirmed, her voice calm but concerned. "The power issue has been particularly troublesome, and the reactor's performance is definitely suboptimal. We'll need to address these issues promptly to ensure Sobek's continued functionality."

Turning her attention to the new arrivals, Mileena extended her gratitude. "Thank you all for coming to assist. We'll need to work efficiently to resolve these issues. If anyone has any suggestions or expertise to offer, please don't hesitate to speak up." She gestured towards the scattered tools and consoles, signaling for them to get to work. "Let's get started."

Dr. Shinji's inquiry about Nikicon working in the darkness drew Mileena's attention, prompting her to confirm, "Yes, that's her." Her response was accompanied by a nod of acknowledgment towards the direction of the noise.

With a sense of urgency in Dr. Shinji's words, the team sprang into action, gathering tools and preparing to investigate the cause of Sobek's power failure. Mileena joined in, her agile movements reflecting her readiness to assist in resolving the issue.

As the team dispersed to their respective tasks, Mileena remained focused, her keen senses attuned to the sounds and movements around her. With determination, she delved into the investigation, working alongside her colleagues to identify and rectify the malfunction that had left Sobek in its current powerless state.
Mileena turned as the Snowshoe Hare anthro approached, her fox-like ears perking up with curiosity as she greeted Dr. Shinji with a respectful nod. She observed the exchange between Dr. Shinji and Nikicon, the tension of the situation palpable in the air.

As Nikicon spoke, Mileena listened intently, her expression a mixture of concern and determination. "Greetings, Doc," Nikicon began, her voice carrying a note of urgency. "We had a minor issue that became a larger problem." The gravity of the situation was evident in Nikicon's tone, and Mileena's focus sharpened as she prepared to tackle the task at hand.

While Nikicon engaged in conversation with Dr. Shinji, Mileena's attention briefly drifted to the array of tools being gathered, her mind already racing through potential solutions to the engineering dilemma they faced. With a sense of purpose, she moved swiftly to join her teammates, her agile movements betraying her eagerness to begin repairs.

As they hooked up the tools to the ship, Mileena wasted no time in getting to work. She assessed the situation methodically, her expertise in engineering guiding her actions as she delved into the intricate mechanisms of the ship. Despite the challenges ahead, Mileena remained resolute, her determination unwavering as she worked alongside Nikicon and the rest of the team to resolve the issue plaguing Sobek.

Mileena swiftly procured the necessary parts for Nikicon, her agile movements facilitating the quick exchange. As Nikicon disappeared back into the darkness to replace the faulty components, Mileena remained poised, ready to assist in any way she could. In the dimly lit engineering room, tension hung thick in the air as the team waited with bated breath for Nikicon's signal. Moments later, her voice echoed through the darkness, announcing her readiness to throw the switch and restore power to the ship. Mileena braced herself, aware of the potential dangers that lay ahead.

With a sharp crackle, the switch was thrown, and the room was filled with a cacophony of sounds. There was a brief moment of anticipation, followed by a series of loud bangs and pops, accompanied by the ominous buzzing of electricity. Sparks flew in all directions, casting eerie shadows on the walls as the ship's systems struggled to come back online.

Amidst the chaos, Nikicon's voice pierced through the commotion, initially screaming in shock before quickly reassuming composure with a declaration of her safety. Another loud pop reverberated through the room, followed by a momentary silence that seemed to stretch on indefinitely.

Then, gradually, the ship's power surged back to life, the hum of machinery filling the air as systems rebooted and lights flickered back to illumination. Despite the initial chaos, the team breathed a collective sigh of relief as they witnessed Sobek's systems gradually stabilizing.

Mileena's heart raced as she heard Nikicon's piercing scream echoing through the darkness. With a sharp intake of breath, her fox-like ears instinctively pulled back, a reflexive response to the distress of her friend. Worry and concern flooded her entire being, driving her to action as she hurried towards Nikicon's side with determined strides.

Pushing through the chaotic flurry of sparks and shadows, Mileena's focus remained steadfast on reaching Nikicon. Each step felt heavy with anticipation, her mind racing with a myriad of possibilities, both reassuring and alarming.

As she finally reached Nikicon's side, Mileena's breath came in short gasps, her chest tight with worry. "You sure?!" she asked urgently, her voice tinged with a mixture of relief and anxiety. Her eyes scanned Nikicon's form for any signs of injury, her hands poised to offer assistance if needed.

Last edited:
It took a few minutes for Holgi to physically get down to the engineering section, though they did remotely order the robot gurney to meet them outside of the relevant bulkhead in advance. Ducking under the arch and into the gloom, a decade of first aid training then took over, making the large sandy lizard act uncharacteristically mechanical and percise.

First stage was to check the area for signs of continuing danger. A normal engine room was hazardous- This dark, half-dissassembled death trap was really something else. Fortunately, it didn't seem like Nikicon was still physically touching the source of the current, though she wondered if Mileena had dragged her away without considering the conciquences.

"Thrown back, was rabbit? Or did you move them, fox-one?" Forced to hunch over, Holgi took on a truly dinosaur-like pose, though their agile neck let them quickly observe the patient's surface issues without too much trouble. There didn't seem to be any immediately fatal bleeding issues. "HELLO NEE-KEE-KON? CAN YOU HEAR ME?~"

It might have sounded dumb yelling like that, but testing a accident victim's conciousness and brain function actually was on the list of objectives. If they weren't breathing, CPR and defibrilation would be needed immediately. It was also important to remain calm, and not add too much stress to the situation by showing too much concern.

If Nikicon responded, Holgi would pick them up and put them on the gurney- Only then could she ask for Mileena's help, applying cooling solution to the burns- It wasn't like spraying liquid around live wires was a great idea. They could starting to cut the clothes away around the burn sites, on the way to the medical bay, too.

Lastly, the equipment in the nursing station proper could be used to monitor the rabbit's heart rate for signs of seizures or cardiac arrest...

It was, plainly, a very strict sequence of events that the Silanbar had to follow perfectly, as fast and efficiently as possible.

Sood Zadra UX-3 III
Sood Zadra spaceport

ISS Sobek
Engineering section

Mileena would discover the snowshoe hare leaning against the bulkhead of the narrow passage she was working in, with her face charred like the front of her coveralls. But she was breathing slowly and steadily. Dr Shinji rushed over and looked at Nikicon and said that she appeared to be ok, seeing no sign of sparking or live wires nearby, looks to Mileena and said “Help me get her out of here.”

Nearby, a console winks on as the ship’s AI comes on and says “Power is running at 74.332 percent of normal, damage to the ship was minimal. The ship appears to be at best power levels as there is an improvement of 9% before shutdown.” Seeing them pulling Nikicon from the dark hallway, he says, “Holgi is on the way to help with Nikicon.”

Upon reaching engineering, Holgi would find Nikicon to be breathing and whimpers, ears twitching as she yelled at her. Holgi would take notice that the burns were minor as the hare’s fur dissipated most of the shock away from her skin. There was an odd burn mark along the side of the suit that she was wearing, leading to a wire that would touch the ground if Nikicon was standing.

ISS Sobek
Dorsal Bridge

Lenna grumbles as she is sitting on the once more lit bridge as she sighs. Flipping on the ship’s coms she types in something to it and sends off a message to someone. Leaning back, Lenna thinks of going to look after Nikicon who by now should be in the medic bay. But a beep disrupts her thoughts. Opening the coms it was the Star ports tower. “ISS Sobek, You are clear for immediate takeoff, good day!” The operator’s expression clearly showed their displeasure as they swiftly closed out the message to the Sobek. A tech team scrambled away from the ship, shouting “Get away from the Craft!” while Lenna observed before beginning to power up the Jet engines.

Thrusters firing and jet engines coming to full power despite the damage to the craft, it lifts upwards and skyward. Lenna smiles as she says out loud, “Sometimes it is nice to know the one that is in charge of the place.” Knowing that the quick releases and allowed takeoff was thanks to the message that she had sent to Soon.

Angling the nose of the craft up to a 45-degree angle and once clear of 100meters above the ground, the Sobek engages its stronger planetary thrusters and soars out of the planet’s atmosphere and into the vacuum

Mileena

As Mileena and Dr. Shinji carefully helped Nikicon out of the narrow passage and into engineering, Mileena's keen senses picked up on the subtle signs of distress in her crewmate. With her fox-like ears, she could hear Nikicon's labored breathing and occasional whimpers, indicating that despite her relatively minor burns, she was still in discomfort.

Examining Nikicon more closely, Mileena noted the peculiar burn mark along the side of her suit, tracing a path to a wire that seemed dangerously positioned. It was clear that Nikicon had encountered some sort of electrical mishap, but thankfully, her fur had absorbed much of the shock, mitigating the severity of her injuries.

As they settled Nikicon in medical bay, Mileena's attention turned to the ship's AI, which had reported the status of the power and the minimal damage to the vessel. The mention of Holgi coming to assist with Nikicon reassured Mileena that they had the necessary support to address the situation. With Nikicon now safely in the medical bay and help on the way, Mileena focused on assisting Dr. Shinji in assessing and treating her injuries, ensuring that their crewmate received the care she needed to recover fully from the ordeal.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back