• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

SYNC Innovation Awards to Lapel Ribbons

Ethereal

Banned Member
RP Date
YE 44.7
TO: Taisho Ketsurui Hanako, Director, Star Army Personnel
FROM: Chujo Iemochi Feyani, Director, Star Army Research Administration

Ketsurui Hanako-Taisho,

Currently, innovation awards are non-ribbon awards. This was to make them more visible to individuals not involved in SARA's work to help the SAOY be cutting edge, and therefore spur people to get involved.

Most notably, the invention of a new technology that was adopted by the SAOY resulted in the award of a platinum belt buckle, which helped provide a talking point to encourage others to also invent new technologies.

However, with the recent addition of further non-combat ribbons, it may be time to bring innovation awards into the standard battery of ribbons.

While four exist, only three need conversion:
  1. The Platinum Belt Buckle, for inventing a technology then adopted by the SAOY
  2. The Golden Caliper, for fabricating the final prototype/version of a technology that was then adopted by the SAOY
  3. The Golden Pin, for participating in a successful field test of a technology that was later adopted by the SAOY.
Please let me know if you have any ideas in this regard.

Thanks.

To: Chujo Iemochi Feyani, Director, Star Army Research Administration

I approve of this change and Taisho Yui does as well. We will contact logistics to make the appropriate awards available as soon as possible.

TO: Taisho Ketsurui-Shinjuku Hanako

In addition, I've had an idea in relation to cutting down on the amount of double-digit number pins that veterans have on their lapels. I've recently been doing inspections of very experienced soldiers and looking at their awards when several adjacent ones have double digits makes the numbers read very strangely.

Please let me know what you think.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back