• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP (non-canon) Inside the Aether (Trapped in a fantasy)

'Tenshi would realize the folly of her mistake milliseconds before she was launched like a baseball through the woods. She marveled at just how strong the creature was for a second before her spinning form made contact with the first tree. She never really had time to agonize over the pain in her arm as her head snapped off a tree like a pinball, rendering her unconcious.

The old saying "every branch on the ugly tree on the way down" would fit for the battered Neko, yet it would be "every trunk on the way through the woods." Some she smashed through, others she shot off again like a pinball as she made het way through the woods. She would lay unconcious, curled around a tree on her side and laid out on the ground as Elenor came upon her.

"Someone check if that bats corked!" She slurred through the communication channel as she stuggled to her feet, her arm twisted at an ungodly angle as she finally understood what had happened.

"Oh fuck that hurts..." she said as she leaned back against the tree, cradling her arm. It took her a moment before she growled and shoved off the tree towards the path of destruction she had caused, ignoring Elenor and walking a few steps.

"Imma kill that fuck-" She growled out before she fell face forward, head still ringing.

As Yoshida angrily cut apart the log, extricating herself from beneath it, Mark finally arrived on the scene, as he took his time to aim, the erratically trampling, smashing, and swinging troll turned around and spotted him. The creature, full of rage and anger, had gotten tunnel vision and finally focused on the stationary power armor, one that was a different color than the others and stood out in this forest better, and it made a beeline toward him, roaring and raging. Mark's shot flew, and sang true, hitting the beast right in front of the eyes. The round exploded, completely trashing the creature's face, destroying its eyes and tearing off its lips, revealing bloody, sharp rows of teeth that widened as the creature stopped in its tracks, roaring in anger. Somehow, the round didn't manage to penetrate, and the beast's skull was so thick it didn't even knock it out, or perhaps the brain wasn't necessarily in its head, who knew.

Nakamura Juni finally had time to swap magazines, and, now loaded with HE-AP rounds, began firing once more on the beast, these new rounds tearing chunks out of the beasts side. It bellowed, once again swatting, obviously in a lot of pain, though somehow it remained standing in spite of everything. Though it would only remain so for so long.

Yoshida came from behind the creature, although the direction no longer mattered as it was fully blinded, and slashed at its legs with her plasma blade. due to its continued erratic behavior, she was only able to get one leg, but it was enough to remove the short stubby limb, throwing the creature off balance and causing it to fall forward and to the side, where it thudded to the grounded, but kept flailing and thrashing about, still not dead yet.

"Keep on firing, try to focus on the head, we need to take it out!" the Juni ordered, adjusting his own aim to try and remove the grotesque skull from the creature's neck.

Elenor shook her head, and slung her rifle against the front of her arm, before reaching down, and helping the other woman up. "Come on. Off the floor. It's no place for a Neko." Elenor states, making sure she had a good grip before working on helping her hobble into a position to be able to support the fight from afar if needed, but not be in immediate danger.

Of course, this meant that while carrying the injured Neko, Elenor was unable to defend herself directly, needing both hands to help keep Danteshi on her feet. But once in a good position, Elenor settled her onto a overlooking point, before grabbing hold of her weapon and considering the situation. Her rifle likely wouldn't do anything to the creature, if AP did nothing... So what could she do, besides keep an eye out for any more that might be in the wings?

"Understood.", Mark said as he adjusted his aim. Targeting the face in the same manner as before he pulled in a breath before squeezing off five more rounds.

Well just when I thought he couldn't get anymore ugly, my bad.

Mark wondered that as he watched his rounds blow a good portion of the beast's face off. Curious at what path of evolution would birth such a creature. Shame they had to end it's life.

Last edited:
Rather than attack, Yoshida actually backed off and observed. It was crippled, injured, and blinded. It wouldn't be going anywhere now. Instead she took a look at the now severed leg, and wonders just what it was made of that could stave off railrifle rounds like they were nothing. Armor peircing roudns were just that- armor peircing. Explosive rounds were-usually-less effective at penetrating things like this, while explosives would be far better for squishier targets and exposed areas- like a monster's face.

She made sure to keep an eye on the creature itself as well- she wouldn't be surpised if it had a shocking ability to regenerate wounds, given what she had seen from it already. Still, she didn't close the distance. The gunners of the group would finish it off, however long it took. "Well, wonder how many more of those live around here yeah? I swear I saw arrows sticking out of it before, there is probably some primitive city around here somewhere?"

Datenshi groaned as she was hefted up and moved, her left arm still hanging at a sickly angle. She gritted her teeth as she felt bones shifting and scraping with every movement she made. It was making small explosions of pain go off behind her eyes, but she bore the pain for her stupidity. Growling a little as she was left at the tree, she cursed her stupidity for a moment before she pushed herself up from the ground, flicking her Impactor into place, she began to wobbily stalk toward the creature. The pain was making something tick inside her head, it had been a while since she felt lasting pain like her arm.

Most the time it was quick sudden shock of pain, then the nerves burned out and she got that nice flush of endorphins, but the movement and grinding kept the pain alive behind her eyes, not to mention her scrambled head from the impacts regardless. It didn't help the redhead had anger management issues...

With a roar over the communications channels and through her speakers, Datenshi dove back into combat. Flaring her suit's systems a little she leaped in the air, the club over her head as she drove down at the beast with the club in an attempt to crush the skull into pulp, forcing her suit's systems to augment her strength.

And as quickly as this had all started, it all ended. The fire from Kai's rifle missed its mark as the creature continued to thrash, with Mark's rounds only grazing the skull but not doing any meaningful damage. However, from above, with a roar, came Akamaru Datenshi, wielding a heavy Nerimium cudgel, which came crashing down on the creature's skull. Not only the weight of the impactor, but also the force of the Neko's swing, along with the extra kinetic energy granted by the boosted drop, all imparted onto the skull with an enormous force that didn't simply glance or bounce off, the somewhat crude weapon finding a weak spot on the heavily damaged head, crushing it in and destroying what small mind the troll-like creature had, causing the roars and other noises to stop, with the thrashing swiftly subsiding and turning into twitches as what little remained intact of its brain firing off random impulses. The beast was obviously dead, and no longer a threat to the team.

"Datenshi, are you alright?" the Juni asked, sending a signal to the rest of the group to gather on his mark. He moved closer to the beast, finding the cracked and broken portion of the skull and firing several more rounds into it, just to be sure. "Do you need to go back in or do you think you can continue the patrol? I would say you should head back, but you know better than I do whether or not you'd be able to continue. And everyone else? What's your status?"

Forest, port side

The solo armor had stopped its progress, a blonde-haired pilot stepping out of the suit, and then obscuring it underneath some bushes. She was wearing her uniform, but had pulled a poncho out from the armor's buttpack and used the simple item to cover herself, the single piece of fabric hopefully looking less out of place than a futuristic star army uniform. From here, roughly half a kilometer away, she trekked on foot toward the village. pulling out a communicator, the woman sent a message to the power armor commander on the other side of the ship.

"This is Jackson Heisho. I've gone several kilometers to the port side of the ship, and found a local village. I'm proceeding on foot, armor is secured out of sight. When your patrol is finished please come this way- bring plain, unmarked clothing and wear cloaks."

"Santô Hei Herrick here. All green on my end." Elenor replied, standing up from her crouch and moving to link up properly with the rest of the team. Looking over the creature that was finally slain, she knelt down and giving a good examination. "I think, whatever this was, had a rudimentary intelligence, not much more complex of a though process than anything we saw... Eat, breed, survive. Maybe some idea of how to make clothes," She says, gesturing to the crude clothing on the creature, "if only to protect it from the elements." She continued, then looked at the primitive weapons stuck in it's hide. "My guess is whatever attempted to slay it before might be rather primitive... I see no evidence of firearm injuries beyond our recent ones." She finishes, and stands up.

"I'd imagine that this creature was a regular nuisence to the local population, whoever they might be, if the number of projectiles stuck in it are any indication. This thing has been around a while." Looking to the Ittô Juni. "So, what's our plan now? Further recon, or regroup at the ship and reassess what we've learned thus far?"

"All good here. That was pretty cool." Yoshida said simply, admiring the work of the cudgel. It WAS always more satisfying, hitting somone with a heavy object instead of a plasma blade. Maybe she should request a Nerimium mace of some sort. Maybe one that could shoot too. It was afterall, how she tended to use her gattling rifle- before she found otu that aether wont't work here that is. Blunt object first, supressive fire weapon second. "you think if I asked nicely, they would make me a nerimium mace of some kind? Maybe one that can shoot plasma." The one problem with such a thing was that unlike the gattling rifle, it couldn't possible be used without power armor. Maybe a similar function for it so she can lower its overall weight with a switch of some kind...? Well, that was something to think about later, clearly.

"You know, I bet there isn't much more to find around here if that thing is what used to live here." Yoshida said, taking a thinking pose with one hand on her chin and the other on her hip, her armored tail swishing casually behind herself. "Should we even bother looking around here more? Something that big, its territory has gotta be huge right? Only thing we'll find is a nest, right?" Of course, she knew that it was the right decision to patrol anyway, just on the off chance something WAS around. In the meantime, she hopped over to assist Datenshi.

"Hey there! Need a hand?" She then glanced at the limply hanging arm and decided that was in poor taste. Oh well, it wasn't like she had lost the limb entierly- she still had people saying she had no leg to stand on in the eucharis after that fight she got in with a kuvexian pilot.

Mark strode up in his Revenant power armor, "Well let's just hope we don't find then in number then."

The armored man checked his ammo while things were calm, only having fired off three rounds, the magazine was still mostly full. He turned his attention to Tenshi giving a quick optical scan.

"How broken is the arm? If need I can reset it if it would help. Also have pain meds if needed.", Mark offered.

"I am green as well. Ammo, shields, and systems all nominal. Backup power is still in the green. I can act as recon, or ranged support with current equipment sir. Armor comes with a cloaking system."

Datenshi growled as she flopped back to the ground. She grit her teeth a little at the grinding pain that shot up her arm but as everyone flooded around her with concern she just waved them off with the cudgel as if threatening them if they got to close.

"I'm a god damned Mech pilot! I've had worse injuries then this shit now leave me alone! A few hours and a sling and I'll fuckin be fine. Wanna help, find my damn gun." She said with a fair bite of grouchiness to her voice as she forced herself to stand again. She clenched her eyes as she felt the pain again but shook her head, and after a breath to steady herself, spoke up.

"I say we keep pushing, see what we can find. If I'm the only injury then let's get this shit over with and figure out what we got to look forward to in terms of locals. I doubt fat and ugly over there is the only one around if those arrows are any indication."

"You might be right, Yoshida-Hei, however, I have received word that a settlement has been found several kilometers from the opposite side of the ship, so, we may have some intelligent life forms to talk to after all. Regardless, we need to finish the perimeter sweep, so let us continue foreward, since Akamaru- Heisho seems keen on not stopping." Kai said to the group, hefting his rifle and heading back out into the clearing, putting the wall of tree trunks between himself and the forest. Regardless of what happened, they did have a duty after all.

"If someone wants to go ahead and scout, please do so, take a partner, then everyone else remain together and keep watch for anything within the forest in case we have another point of interest to check out. Also, someone keep eyes on the ship and look for any signs of major damage- we did just crash after all."

A village? 'only' several kilometers away? there's no way they didn't see the ship coming down! Well, most villages don't have the types adventerous enough to take a look anyway, certainly not a primitive one that just saw a mountian of metal fall out of the sky. Yoshida grinned at Datenshi and nodded. "Hey, Guess i'm not the only one who's tried to keep a fight goign after losing a limb huh?" She said cheerily, before turning to Kai. Though, she didn't volunteer for the scouting job. She knew that wasn't exactly her forte.

Yoshida readied back up, stretching a little as the rest of the group recuperated form the fact they had officially became monster slayers, presumably. "If I'd known we were going to be finding big things like this, I might have brought a grenade launcher you know? Too used to just using one kind of weapon I guess."

"Won't be the first time I fought with something messed up, won't be the last." 'Tenshi explained as she tried to search for her rifle. Should she find it, she would go retrieve it. If not, well there were more on the ship and she doubted she would need it for such a small adventure. Besides, it seemed like her cudgel did more damage anyways.

"So let's get a move on then, get to the village so we can get an idea of our surroundings and the locals." The redhead called out as she floated a bit off the ground. Without the constant up and down of walking, maybe her arm wouldn't jostle as much.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back