• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

installing personality: 1.05.02

BloodyScarlet

hello all ^^

I am happy to be here some of my friends say it is fun, so I decided to try it out *smiles happily* I am called Scarlet by everyone because i have blood red hair, but my real name is Samantha

*updating mind*........
personality updated....
speech updated.....
sanity..... not found......

okay sorry about that my mind needs to be updated every few years it helps... well then where was I... oh yea my name, well call me Scarlet, Sam or Sammy

I love rping and glad to be here, I hope we can be friends, but there is always two sides of a coin

yours insanely
Scarlet

Welcome to SARP Scarlet.

Always nice to see new virtual faces. Since you have some friends here that will help you get started. We have a lot of variety here with races, factions etc. So I am sure you will find something that Appeals to you. I am Nashoba one of the Site Admins, and Game Master. Check out the New Player's Guide, if you have questions or need help making a character you can post the questions here or you check out our IRC.

Welcome to SARP, Scarlet!

One thing to know, whatever your particular tastes in RP and sci-fi flavor are, it's quite likely that there is a niche for you somewhere around here. Just as a quick crash course of the major factions, you have the Yamatai Star Empire, which is heavily influenced by Japanese pop culture and anime with a little sprinkling of old Norse, then you have the Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia, which is predominately populated by cloned super-soldiers with a heavy 1980s action-movie-star overtone. Other big factions include the Elysians (giant winged Angel-Amazons), the Hidden Sun Clan (bipedal feline warrior race), and the Neshaten (fox-people). This is by no means an exhaustive list, of course; there are a lot of them out there.

There are also a number of smaller factions and RP threads out there, so don't feel compelled to join a big faction if you really don't want to. Getting involved in one of the big factions is usually a good way to acclimate yourself to the setting, and after you've cut your teeth you can take that character somewhere else, or make a new one. As an alternative, there is the Open Roleplaying forum, where prior approval for your character is not required. It's considered good form to ask before joining someone else's RP thread, but most people will be willing to accept you. You can also make your own and try to attract other players. The only kicker with the Open RP thread is that it's considered "quasi-canon," so depending on the nature of each specific RP, it may or may not be considered to have actually "happened" within the SARPiverse as a whole.

If no faction appeals to you at all, there are a number of independent plots to consider as well. I run one called The Fringe, which is currently at capacity, but there is always the possibility of losing a player, and I am open to "guest starring" roles as well.

Hop onto the IRC if you have any questions, or feel free to ask anything about which you need clarification on this thread. Again, welcome, and happy RPing! :)

As far as I know, that's perfectly reasonable. Unless I'm mistaken, the Elysian nation belongs to Yamatai, but you'll be better off asking the faction manager @Wes. :)

Elysia is part of Yamatai, so yes you could make one to serve in the SAOY. But make sure you look through the Elysian CCG to make sure you understand them properly

Last edited:
Hi @BloodyScarlet! I'm Wes, the site admin and webmaster guy and I'm glad to meet you and I hope you like what you see and get involved in RP and expanding the universe with your ideas. Let me know if there's any questions I can answer for you or anything I can do to help you get settled in and become a regular.

Hello, I'm a rper here and have 7 characters .. 1 is inactive due to plot stall. but 6 are active. Best advice I can give is start with one faction/plot to get the feel of the place, browse through the wiki. Take your time and talk with people in chat. See above and you're on your way to having fun :) and meeting new net friends. Welcome to SARP !

It always feels strange to be the 6th person saying "welcome to SARP" and "enjoy your stay"... It feels like checking into a hotel! I'm going to try something a little different.

First, I'd tell you my name but I tend to forget myself occasionally. I haven't had a mind update in 19 years!
Next, I'd tell you a little bit about myself but I've been told to start using the quote feature more.
Hello, my name is Rizzo and I like to party.
I am 5' 7-8", good with my hands, and single... But that's not much of a surprise. XP

I also don't know a thing about star army except that the Democratic Imperium of <mumbles something>seems like where I'd be best suited.
I'm a blank slate so I'm open to all advice.
My first character will probably be better off with someone experienced so if there's anyone who'd like to mentor me I'd be happy to work with you.
I look forward to some good stories
That was a little while ago when I first moved in. Thankfully I'm not that green anymore.
Lastly, I'd tell you just how amazing this site is but that's completely unnecessary. SARP can speak for itself with a best simulator award and fantastic reviews and stuff like that.

So yeah, welcome to SARP. You can check in anytime you like but you will never leave. If you ever need a hand with something technical or just to say hi feel free to hit me up. My free time is sporadic but messages go to my email so I can respond pretty quick.

And now, some music!

Hi~
Saying hi because you seem to have a lovely personality. And red hair is the best~ *Proud of her own red hair* aemoticoner.com_files_emoticons_onion_head_lie_onion_head_emot0b69e7e1916c32a053ee0239ad94fe56.gif (I actually became red-haired later in life, originally being blond which became brown sometime around age ten, and red sometime in my late teens. I still have traces of other hair colors which is weird, including almost white hair, black hair, brown, and of course- a coppery red. Weird, but cool~ (and not dyed I should point out. Though I did dye my hair once in life, it was for Halloween one year and was only a strip ) Which is why I love my hair like I do, because I've always loved red hair and it seems life acknowledge my love for it by giving it to me)

I'd be interested in seeing what sort of character(s) you make. From what I see of you you'd probably make lovely characters. I'd guess something techy over something wholly biological?

A period or full stop goes at the end of a sentence.

You do not separate sentences with multiple periods, otherwise known as ellipsis.

You would do well to remember this when roleplaying in order to ensure the sanity of your Games-Master.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back