• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Intelligence Operative Update

raz

SAINT Director
🌟 Site Supporter
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission RP Example
https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum/threads/ye38-astral-reverie-the-terror.25012/
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=stararmy:occupations:intelligence_operative
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
It's been a long time coming to update Intelligence Operative to the new template. Said I'd do it years ago but it just never happened. A big part of that has been that the previous one is so flavorful that it was hard to condense it down. So I just did away with all of my other wip attempts and started from scratch, only using two sentences I think were very iconic from the old version.

Some key notes:
  • The old one should be maintained as historical, and I link to it in the "playing" part.
  • This new one incorporates developments instituted by Nashoba, then me, and even some new Ametheliana developments. It's a log of canon, not a creation of anything new at all.
    • Because of this I am not partial to taking anything away.
      • Still, if there is anything I missed that should be there then please say so!
  • There's a lot of "they're just like analysts but more!" This is by necessity of how some operatives were played in the past. At their base, an operative must be an analyst skilled in being clandestine to be able to be played on normal plotships. But they are so much more, and examples of that have been added.
  • There's also a lot about eligibility. This information is very extensive, but already existed on secondary SAINT training pages. Now they are summarized here on the occupation page so that people are no longer confused.
Okay thanks. Enjoy. @Wes for SAoY @Ametheliana for SAINT.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Can't back it enough. I think there are some really nice details and RP fuel amidst the clearly laid out and general need-to-know aspects. It's got my approval, if needed!

Thank you for your nod, SAINT Manager.

I have added some pictures. One of someone in a SOFS to fill empty space in the article's body, and a row of the Kokatsu crew busts at the top. It looks great on my high resolution screen, and fine when I rez down to 1080p, but please let me know if it causes major problems. I could always upload them all as a line of one picture if there are loading or fitting issues on tiny mobile screens.

operativeupdatepic.png

Lol, tailoring. You could link the to the actual Rikugun Legion article. It's under current structure on the Rikugun article.

The article currently links to: "stararmy:rikugun" and "occupations:rikugun_commander," though the first link is mentioned second.

Is there another that should be added?

Once @Wes puts his FM Stamp on I will review it. The article reads well and looks great.

FM Approved. Looks great.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✅ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ ✅ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and the article template. Is all the information for struct present?
[ ✅ ] 3. The article follows our wiki-style guidelines, including No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✅ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ✅ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate and are not broken
[ ✅ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ ✅ ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and credited in the OOC section.
[ ✅ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ ✅ ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✅ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Looks great. I love seeing existing pages get updated. Approved!

Cool. Thanks Wes and Andrew!

I'll create the legacy operative article and update the page's internal link.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back