• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

[Interest Check] Osman University soft reboot

Would you want to play a character on Osman University?

• Total voters

Yoerik

Inactive Member
Good day fellow SARPers.

I'm posting here for a possible idea for a plot that went out when USO did: Osman University. I truly enjoyed role-playing it along some very talented writers.

Which is why I wanted to ask them and anyone who is interested if we could revive/reboot the school-oriented plot on Sirris VI. So I'm calling @Jack Pine and @HarperMadi if they wanted to resume their characters' arc with me. And if anyone else is interested in participating in this laid-back style story about university life.

It sounds cool but I spend all of my time hanging out with my baby (she is pretty needy!). 👶

Welp, now that we have enough people (so to speak), We'll have to decide who's gonna be GM; how the plot's gonna progress; and if we're gonna transfer over some of the story over to the reboot.

I mean no offense to @Yoerik, but you're not allowed to choose GMs for Section 6, @Ametheliana, as Faction Right 3d states that "Faction Managers manage recruiting, cooperation, and (if necessary) dismissal of game masters for faction-based roleplaying campaigns (plots)" - and, well, you are not the FM of Section 6. >.<

I mean no offense to @Yoerik, but you're not allowed to choose GMs for Section 6, @Ametheliana, as Faction Right 3d states that "Faction Managers manage recruiting, cooperation, and (if necessary) dismissal of game masters for faction-based roleplaying campaigns (plots)" - and, well, you are not the FM of Section 6. >.<
Put your rule book down; if @Yoerik wants to do an RP without the FM's approval he technically can. But until an FM signs off on it, it'd be within Open RP for soft canon flexibility.

Despite what you might think, FMs maintain rights to protect their faction but that doesn't hold up as much if the RP isn't pushing for canon. This is particularly why we had dissenting and misleading RPs in the site's past - FMs can't say no to the RP, only to canonizing it. The exception is perhaps only for someone who might own a copyright and have the ability to be a flaming pile of garbage and threaten to remove it as leverage.

When there's an official decree on something it will be more official. For now I think this plot is rad! This plot was super fast when it was active!

Both of you, keep the arguing away from this interest check. @Jack Pine informed me he personally requested @Yoerik as a GM, which I also wholeheartedly agree on myself. If Ame wants to attest her opinion on it, she's free to do so. If it so happens to coincide with Jack's, as mine coincidentally does as well, that just shows that @Yoerik will do great.

Cool, I'm not a player in this plot myself but it was well-loved and should be this time around, too! Have fun, y'all!

Yoerik discussed this with me long before this thread was even created. I have already signed off on this and helped answer the questions he had for doing a reboot, and I will also be participating as both a player, and as Co-GM, but Yoerik will largely have the reins for this.

Also please in the future if people have concerns of something like this, please message me first, It's not fun for anyone to jump the gun. As I believe this has been a good example of, which messaging me on faction stuff can help avoid misunderstandings in the future. As for the plot, I myself will be looking forward to this as well as the new cast that will possibly be joining.

Yoerik discussed this with me long before this thread was even created. I have already signed off on this and helped answer the questions he had for doing a reboot, and I will also be participating as both a player, and as Co-GM, but Yoerik will largely have the reins for this.

Also please in the future if people have concerns of something like this, please message me first, It's not fun for anyone to jump the gun. As I believe this has been a good example of, which messaging me on faction stuff can help avoid misunderstandings in the future. As for the plot, I myself will be looking forward to this as well as the new cast that will possibly be joining.
You get used to people wildly assuming they know how to best run factions for FMs.

I do have a question for @Yoerik though; this is a normal plot and not a secret plot, right? You should try to specify this sorta thing in interest checks as some folks actually choose not to do secret plots even if able.

Oh dear god, I had no idea my appointment would get this much attention. To answer Legix: this plot is indeed not secret, in fact, it is rather laid back since it's a 'non-military' one. Anyway, I'll only do it if their are no mayor concerns and if the FM's are all on board with it.

I'm also a S6 FM, go right ahead @Yoerik :)

Being on the subject matter, I'd love to enroll Lynn for some classes that might benefit her. As well as offer her up a teacher for things like demolition, field repair and all that.

Yes you can Yoerik, and I definitely have a few characters I can throw in. Nora maybe for social oriented classes, Ceilia again maybe for a sense of normalcy, Sonia becuase Adi. Also thinking possibly Talos/Mark Oaklen/Kessler as the new headmaster/principal guy.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back