• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission International Currency Exchange Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
For Reviewers:
  • Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No.
  • Contains Links to Unapproved Articles? No.
  • Contains New Art? No.
  • Previously Submitted? Yes; withdrawn by submitter.
  • Changelog: Link
  • Checklist Requested? Yes.

Based upon what Wes said here, the following Faction Managers were not tagged:

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The problem is that your proposed edits make it appear as if Yamatai does buy Arcmarks, @Zack. What's the problem with leaving the page as it currently is?

I'm thinking there might be a misunderstanding going on here; but I want to touch up a on few things Zack. Why did you make your currency worth far more than any other faction? 1 AM to 4ks? To 8DA? to 12C? How exactly did you think those rates would be acceptable? Yes, you can decide, but you also seem to forget that the Arcmark isn't WORTH ANYTHING to certain factions, this means that in terms of buying/selling it wouldn't fetch a single thing.

Also, going off the chart, you are basically dictating that 1am *is* worth 4ks when Wes has said otherwise. Likewise, I told you that the ArcMark is worth *nothing* to the Neshaten, yet you state on the page that it is 1am to 8rn. No, it wouldn't be 8rn because it has no value and thus wouldn't fetch a single thing.

Also, why did you think that it'd be a good idea to edit out completely one of the headers/paragraphs? You realize that is considered a revision and has to be put back through the approval process right?

Instead of making these insane changes, you should've posted about it and talked with the other FM's (you know, COMMUNICATE?) to make sure that things would be appropriate. Which, speaking of communication, is something I'll be doing with Wes and a few other FM's shortly to talk about the exchange rate's between the RN and their factions, because I'm not going to dictate to *them* how much the factions currency is worth, I'd rather talk it out between them.

So please, in the future, start communicating with the rest of us - you don't have to like us, but you do need to start communicating because that's why these problems happen. Likewise, Frost is right, the edits *do* make it appear that you are forcing Yamatai to accept the currency when they have said otherwise.

The ArcMark’s value is backed by combo-meals at Akemi’s. A Big Mac meal is about $8US. A DA is supposed to be about the same as a USD. The value and exchange rates can all be figured out from there. You can always go to an Akemi’s and trade your ArcMark for a meal, so you have an actual value you can assign to it there.

On top of this, the FSC and USO run currency exchanges. They will buy your ArcMark from you for 4ks / 8da / etc. also if you have 4ks or 8da you can buy one ArcMark from USO or the FSC.

You can also buy and sell ArcMarks with Nepleslia at the price they are willing to trade at.

This is all stuff that the USO (or Nepleslia) does internally. It doesn’t violate any faction manager rights, though it certainly does if you suddenly decide to dictate what I can and can’t buy and sell stuff for.

To top it all off who cares how much your currency is worth related to another currency? It doesn’t mean anything, go make a double dollar worth 20ks, it doesn’t change anything about your faction.

The rational for removing the header was also included earlier: it doesn’t really describe the ArcMark or the Spacer Resource voucher. It makes more sense to include that info under where to trade.

—-

And I’m not sure how many times I need to say this, but the edits do include that Yamatai doesn’t accept the ArcMark. That is no reason to not include USO’s exchange rates.

I'd like to point out that this section
The ArcMark cannot be used for transactions or currency conversions in the Yamatai Star Empire, Elysian Celestial Empire, Hidden Sun Clan, Iromakuanhe Astral Commonwealth, or Kingdom of Neshaten, as they do not consider the ArcMark to have any kind of monetary value.
was removed in Zack's attempted Fix. This is something that he has attempted to do in the past, with Wes shooting it out of the sky like a soviet jet in the cold war.

This total disregard for the Setting Manager's word is unacceptable. You're also blatantly attempting to bypass the direct desires of other FMs by making it convertible in any way within those factions.

Your edit said, among other things,
The ArcMark is converted to local currency automatically when used for transactions with the Yamatai Star Empire, Elysian Celestial Empire, Hidden Sun Clan, Iromakuanhe Astral Commonwealth, or Kingdom of Neshaten, governments at point of sale as a native feature of the ArcMark software wallet as these governments do not accept direct payment in ArcMarks.
when it has been established that it cannot be converted in those factions. You also attempted to directly force an exchange rate upon people who did not want anything to do with the USO or its 'currency'.

This violates the rights of FMs and goes against the express wishes of Wes, who shot down similar attempts from you in the past.

@Alex Hart as it says right there in the quote, those governments do not accept payments in ArcMarks.
The software wallet would be converting to the local currency through the FSC / USO at the rates USO uses.

Except it won't? Because they won't ACCEPT IT....

Also, can you please answer my question? Why did you feel that your currency is somehow more valuable (far more, in fact) than any other factions?

You are also missing the point of what we are all trying to tell you:

1. You flat out removed an ENTIRE header and the text and re-wrote it, which is considered a revision and thus requires an approval.
2. The way you worded things makes it sound as if the other factions *do* accept the currency, regardles of what the FM's have stated

If number 2 is *not* the intent, then please find another way of wording it so others don't take it that way. As for number 1, if you'd like that change to be made, please put up a submission thread for that ok?

Last edited:
So basically, the FSC or whatever it is does its own currency exchange with the AM where it will give someone an AM for an amount of other currency, which means that people can exchange currencies before spending them elsewhere.

The governing entities of some factions dont allow the use of the AM

Here is what this looks like, since this is the official INTERNATIONAL currency exchange then I assume this lists the official currency exchanges not the exchange of a single business. I'm not saying they cant but it would probably be better off explaining it all on the FSC page not the official page since I ASSUME this one would be going off banks of each faction trading with each other or whatever banks do.

EDIT: I am not really interested in pointing any fingers here I'm just looking at the situation and from this perspective it seems more logical to list the exchange of one business on its own page, since as people have said officially the AM has no value in some factions then its not really suited to go on the currency exchange page. Lets not start slinging insults abuse and accusations for another two days and just talk it over.

Last edited:
The edits you made were clearly just an attempt to force people to accept the USO's "currency". And you can't do that, because it violates FM rights and Wes shut you down in the past when you tried to do this very thing that you're doing right now.

Why do you think your FM rights mean you can dictate what my faction will buy or sell something for?

Since it is an electronic currency, you can always trade it with the USO using your data pad and then use the funds to buy whatever on Yamatai. You can’t really invoke your FM rights to stop someone from trading with me either.

I also don’t see how your FM rights can be used to stop USO’s prices from being listed on the international exchange page. I could see that if this was your specific exchange, but it isn’t.

@Kyle as stated in my post earlier: the ArcMark is backed by a physical asset. That asset is worth 8da. The ArcMark’s value is based on what the actual value of the ArcMark is.

That hypothetical exchange is being performed by someone within the territory of a faction in which it is stated those exchanges cannot take place. Therefore, your argument is invalid. You actually tried to completely delete the fact that the arcmark cannot be exchanged in those factions, and that's even more despicable because you tried to hide the fact that made your whole argument stick.

But because that fact exists, your point is moot.

This thread is here by locked, we'll let Wes read this; however this back and forth isn't solving anything.

Do note that if a remake of this thread is made elsewhere to continue this discussion despite a staff member locking this one, then that thread will be removed.

A few things have been made rather clear in this thread:

1. An unauthorized edit was made that was done by an individual whom has already been asked not to make edits to the page.
2. An edit was made that is considered a revision and would require the article to go back through the approval process, instead, this wasn't done and the edit was forced through.
3. The wording used has people confused, and this is creating a misunderstanding. Whether intentional, or accidental, has not be established. However, the edits make the appearance that the decisions made by other FM's matter not to the one making the edit. This is against the FM Rights.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back