• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission International Currency Exchange Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostJaeger

Chief Parakeet
Banned Member
For Reviewers:
  • Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No.
  • Contains Links to Unapproved Articles? No.
  • Contains New Art? No.
  • Previously Submitted? Yes; withdrawn by submitter.
  • Changelog: Link
  • Checklist Requested? Yes.

Based upon what Wes said here, the following Faction Managers were not tagged:

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I noticed some changes happening on this article and after talking to @FrostJaeger and @Zack I can safely say that none, or at least the body of the edits done, had to be reverted and the old revision, restored. Seeing as the edits were done by someone other than the article's past composers or submitters I do not think that there is much a problem here. Zack, if you want changes made to this article, post them in this thread and I will or another staff member will review them for you, alongside Frost. He is really aware of the current state of the article's content. Let's work together and be on the same page about this.

Zack I am sure you will want to say something, so I really want to guide you here to say the right thing. I'll tell you a) do not say anything about how cool or not cool anyone is and b) tell us about this money buyback program you have kind of figured out for how Uso buys like KS and sells it? You were describing it in DMs to me but I really think this is a new concept that others should hear about and speak on, not just me.

Wes specifically said we could update articles when correct information is needed to be added.

The revised version of the article is here: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=guide:international_currency_exchange&rev=1535948749

It includes the exchange rate that the USO buys and sells other currencies at from the ArcMark page.

It also includes the Nepleslian's special rate that Legix set.

The Non-traded or limited currency header was also removed, since that doesn't really describe the ArcMark or the spacer resource voucher. Instead that is all now lumped under 'where to trade' since it includes information on how the currency is used/bought/sold.

Ultimately, it doesn't make sense to exclude USO's currency exchange from the international currency exchanges list.

That revision ignores what @Wes said here, what I said here, what @Soresu said here, and what @Kyle said in the screenshot below - and it doesn't matter if USO buys and exchanges other currencies, because guess what: You can't use that as a justification to shove the ArcMark down the throats of other factions and ignore the Faction Rights of their Faction Manager.

I just don't know if you can buy and sell currencies in our setting. I've never heard of it happening and want to know more.

You seem pretty upset by this @FrostJaeger. Why would you not want to include the rates at which the USO will buy and sell the ArcMark on the page?

The FSC has a named currency exchange on the wiki, and in the approved ArcMark article both it and Vier are listed as currency exchange options. It is something that does happen in the setting all the time.

You certainly can, @Ametheliana - but that doesn't mean you get to decide a faction's official exchange rate in the process.

Edit: You know exactly what I'm referring to, Zack. You're attempting to circumvent what other Faction Managers said about their - not your, their - factions not accepting the ArcMark.

Last edited:
What are you talking about Frost?

You don't get to decide what rates USO sets for its own use just like I don't get to decide what rates anyone else trades at.

Nepleslia set their own rate. You are welcome to set yours.

That's a lie, @Zack, because you are trying to decide the rates everyone else trades at. This post contains links to the posts where multiple Faction Managers set their faction's "rates" for the ArcMark.

Last edited:
USO can decide how much it will buy and sell ArcMarks for. That rate is on the ArcMark page, and fully fleshed out on the international currency exchange page.

Nepleslia trades at a different rate than USO. Their rate is also listed, and it is mentioned in the description that this is the Nepleslian rate.

If someone else wants to add their own rate they are welcome to, but Frostjager doesn’t get to decide how much USO will sell an ArcMark for in KS.

You don't get to decide how much Yamatai buys ArcMarks for, @Zack, nor do you get to decide whether or not they even accept them in the first place - because that's up to @Wes, not you.

It is listed on the page in the arcmark section that Yamatai doesn’t buy ArcMarks. What is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back