• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

International Currency Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack

Inactive Member
It looks like the up to date version of the page was reverted back to old incorrect values by Frostjager. Can we get the page updated to use the correct values for everything, and include the difference in exchange rates when using a Nepleslian or an USO exchange?

@Wes @Ametheliana

Prior to your unauthorized and unapproved edits, @Zack, the page displayed the correct values. Please revert your changes immediately - as they ignore the Faction Rights of multiple Faction Managers, including those of Wes himself.

Edit: Thanks for reverting Zack's changes, Ametheliana.

It an international currency exchange page, and the rates that the USO trades their currency at were added to it along with the special rate that Nepleslia trades at. How is this a problem?

It's a problem, @Zack, when you deliberately ignore the decisions made by other Faction Managers regarding their faction's acceptance (or, more accurately, lack thereof) of the ArcMark.

What decisions were ignored exactly?

The nations that do not accept the arc mark are listed in the arcmark part of the article. The other nations don't have a say in what price the USO sets for itself to buy and sell with.

It's a new concept, buying and selling currencies, right? Let's talk about it together before deciding for sure it is or isn't allowed. Because honestly right now, Zack, you're making it so that this will become a new decision that will need to be made by most of us or Wes. It's a big thing, what you're doing, and I understand that it's a cool new idea that does solve your problem, but we need to review the idea and make sure it won't cause more for everyone else or others, okay?

Also, I would really like us to choose one venue for this discussion and not flip flop. Personal opinion is that this thread does serve as a better host than the approval thread. Please move discussion here.

Buying and selling currency is already an approved concept. It’s specifically on the arcmark page and the FSC has its own currency exchange. The edited page in question is also all about exchanging currency.

I think we should use the approval thread for this since this is about adding correct information to an article with errors.

So... Frost. It seems you're cool with Zack buying and selling currency but Zack can you accept that these FMs should have say OOCLy about the rate?

Stop trying to circumvent the Faction Rights of @Wes, @Soresu, @Nashoba, @Kyle, and myself, @Zack. Buying and selling currencies is an approved concept - but using that as an excuse to dictate the official exchange rates of other factions is not approved.

Edit: Correct, Ametheliana - I am fine with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back