• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

International Standard Product Nomenclature System Helpdesk

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This sticky topic is a central hub for assigning Standard Product Nomenclature System nomenclatures to products (mass produced items) in Star Army's universe. A nomenclature is a standard way of naming things (real world examples are things like F-16, M16A3, and Benzoquinonetetracarboxylic dianhydride--a chemical nomenclature).

If you questions about the SPNS, need help figuring out what numbers or letters to give a product, or have a request to assign a nomenclature, you can request it here and a staff member from the Content & Setting Team will help you.

We're also assigning international nomenclatures to products that previously only had local, faction-based nomenclatures and trying to eventually phase those out based on member consensus. You can request additions to the SPNS to accommodate factional thing categories that aren't included in the original SPNS specifications.

That's actually a hugely helpful question Hyralt, as I'd made the mistake of assuming for my own company that component numbers were cross-main-platform.

Well, it's been 14 months and we've only had one question about nomenclatures so I'm going to unstick this thread as it doesn't seem to be useful to keep it pinned.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back