• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Submission International Travel Voucher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=items:international_travel_voucher
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
  2. Nepleslia
  3. Elysia
  4. Poku (HSC)
  5. Iromakuanhe
  6. Non-Playable Factions
  7. Neshaten
  8. NDC
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
This submission is for a travel voucher that lets a character get a ride to anywhere in the setting. It's simple, straightforward, and would make a great thing to put in new characters' inventories. Your factions can use them as benefits and your travel corporations can use them to get passengers to carry.

With the international relations conference soon I'd like to do stuff like this to make international progress.

Reactions: raz
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Through extensive discussion on Discord, as well as my personal opinion of this, I DO NOT APPROVE the International Travel Voucher as relevant to Elysia and its territories.

I cannot speak for the NTSE team or their opinions.

• Angry
Reactions: Wes
Said it on the discord but ill say it here too.

I think instead a better idea would be a travel "guide".

A little book that's full of info for characters like landmarks, locations of starports, mini-dictionary of translated stuff in trade and yamataigo, little index, etc.

Also neps already have free transport in the nep-faction exclusive right of "stowaway" where if you dont get caught you can go wherever you want, for free.

In my fair opinion, if you want to make it work then it would mean that every faction agrees with it. Which in IC I don't see happening. Thus this ticket would maybe work better for PAINT system in Yamatai space. I simply don't see the Nesh agree with it, heck I believe there is no contact between the factions. I do agree with Char on using a Travel Guide kind of article that gives an insight of all the different factions :)

Not signing off on this. Sorry, I just feel this is a completely wrong way to solve the problem you say it addresses. It doesn't actually help my faction, it just complicates and makes things absurd. GMs are the ones responsible for helping their players transition between plots and we don't support characters without plots to my current knowledge.

As my Co-FM said, I echo; this is NOT APPROVED by the FM of Nepleslia. I'd like to hope I speak for our sub-factions but I will let them weigh in.

I recommend the submitter to read the discussion and feedback from many FMs and GMs. The solution to helping new players is a guide(s) for Roleplay that can be either IC or OOC. This ticket solves nothing and just looks like a complication for no true gain/benefit. International progress is coming together to lay laws and discussion, not uniformly agreeing to some ticket that you changed multiple times just from our initial feedback.

Think of me what you will but I just feel that you're being childish if you think this ticket is a problem solver. The true way to solve this problem is to make it apparent how players can travel with a guide giving many options. A single ticket won't help them, Wes. New players need helpful GMs and guides; that's how I learned to navigate the site and that's how most people learned. When this ticket doesn't work for a plot (like for example, a criminal or wartime plot), then it effectively gets crippled in its purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back