• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Introduction WhiteFox

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteFox

Inactive Member
Hey, guys. I've been lurkin' your board for a month or so. Read up a bit on your Wiki and I think I have a grasp on things... So I made an account to stop lurking, and participate. Treat me nicely? :? :oops:

Haven't decided which faction to go for yet to start with. Yamatai has a bunch of plots right now, but I kinda-sorta like a few of the plots in other factions. I figure it all isn't mutually exclusive, but... You have to start somewhere right?

Anyway. Below this, unless you want to hear a bunch of stuff about a guy you'll probably never meet, go ahead and skip. I don't mind/care if you don't know any of this other than that you can just call me Fox.

About me: I'm from... All over, really. I'm from a military family. I've been dragged all across the US and apparently I've been to Germany, but I can't remember it for the life of me. I say this not to give you an autobiography but to explain how I came to be the avid roleplayer/reader/writer that I am. Lack of long-term friends led to reading, reading led to isolation, isolation led to videogaming, videogaming led to the Interwebz, and the Interwebz led me to roleplaying sites - a few of which have died, along the way - leading me here. I found you via Google - you were the top result for "sci fi roleplay", and I lurked for awhile to see if you were both 1.) An active Community and 2.) A quality-writing community.

So yeah. Here I am.

I like to try and write out posts as long as I can make them and not be either ridiculous or off-topic or dumb-sounding. I also hate... hate... HATE the misuse of grammar, the word "irony" and grammar nazis (you are what you hate, it seems.)

Heya, welcome to the site. I'm Exhack, sometime artist, fulltime writer of weird esoteric and surreal stuff for the setting. To get started, you should start reading the wiki for basically... anything that crosses your fancy and maybe get an idea of what you want to do, and hop into IRC and talk with the people there about joining up one of the open plots.

There's something for everyone, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Welcome to Star Army! I'm going to call you 'Whitey'. Yeah, that sounds nice. Ironic, even.

Joking aside, I suggest catching us all on the IRC when you get a chance. The meat and potatoes of social interaction happens there. It'll also give you a feel of the different players personalities and help you decide who you'd like to play with; what plots to look out for, etc.

You sound a lot like me. I also moved around a lot growing up because my dad is in the Navy, including two years in Italy.

You can definitely create characters in more than one faction.

Lam said:
I'm going to call you 'Whitey'. Yeah, that sounds nice. Ironic, even.
*Chokes comically*
... ... ...
*Recovers*

Okay. All better now.
Wes said:
You sound a lot like me. I also moved around a lot growing up because my dad is in the Navy, including two years in Italy.

You can definitely create characters in more than one faction.

Italy is on my bucket list of places to visit.

And that's good to hear!

Exhack said:
To get started, you should start reading the wiki for basically... anything that crosses your fancy and maybe get an idea of what you want to do, and hop into IRC and talk with the people there about joining up one of the open plots.
I got so lost in your Wiki just browsin' stuff last week. The point I gave up was when I figured out that I had lost an hour reading up on stuff that was 'interesting'. Don't judge me, but it was all of the Neko types and a little bit of the Iromakauhne. (-akuanhe? -akaune? I can't remember how to spell it. They were a faction with a Mecha plot.)

As for IRC, I generally don't poke into Sites' IRC channels, and I can't really see myself doing it now. It's mostly due to my own laziness and a couple of bad past experiences with other roleplay sites.

Is using the IRC required for joining a plot, or could I just PM GM's?

Post-Edit 1: It seems that that mecha plot hasn't had a post since late January, so... Maybe I should pick a Yamataian plot?

Er... Any recommendations on where to start, assuming I can without IRC?

IRC isn't required for much of anything now that glorious PiratePad has entered the world and we can use that to write posts simultaneously. That said, you can use PMs to do everything, but the quickest way to get started would be to catch your GM of choice on the IRC. You could talk and get everything straightened out all at once instead of going back and forth.

As for choosing a plot, I recommend that you peruse the basic synopsis of each plot and just get a general idea of what it is they do.This page is extremely helpful, as each plot's page with basic information and an updated history is linked to from here. You can peruse to your heart's content the different plots until you find one you like. Then, the requirements to join are listed right next to the plot on the table. Very simple to use. You can also use the table to find the plots on the forum and read through some of the threads to get an idea for how each plot rolls.

So, in conclusion: PMs are more than acceptable, the List of Active Plots is a great way to find your place on the site, and don't forget to bring a towel.

WhiteFox said:
I got so lost in your Wiki just browsin' stuff last week. The point I gave up was when I figured out that I had lost an hour reading up on stuff that was 'interesting'. Don't judge me, but it was all of the Neko types and a little bit of the Iromakauhne. (-akuanhe? -akaune? I can't remember how to spell it. They were a faction with a Mecha plot.)

The plot took a small two-month hiatus at the end of May due to my finals and a small personal crisis, but we'll be starting up again very soon. If you'd like to join up, I'll be happy to walk you through the processes and get in you in as we get the ball rolling again.

Welcome to the site Whitewolf, I hope you enjoy your stay here and have a lot of fun. The name's Kyle, and yes that's my real name :)

I'm a tech moderator here, along with a faction manager and player in two factions. If you need any help, assistance, or have questions, please don't hesitate to ask me either in PMs or on IRC when you get on.

With that said, we are always looking for more players so be sure to look at the plot list and see which plot interests you though also remember to talk to that plots GM (Game Master) so you can get a general idea of what that plot is about.

Hey, sorry for disappearing for a bit. I was celebrating a friend's birthday by going out into the country.

Anyway, yeah, I'll totally take you up on your offer Exhack! I'm a sucker for mecha action, and I was reading up a little bit more on the Iroma, and their culture is really kickin'! I figure I should make a character and have it approved first, right?

If you like Mecha action, Origin Industries also has a Mecha plot, which is less Zone of the Enders and more Gundam/Mechwarrior. Feel free to check it out and talk to either me or CadetNewb about it if you're interested.

Both plots are great choices, but if you do join Bahram, just make sure to note that Zus is the main character. :3c

*cough*WASHBOARD*cough*

Anyway, as it's been said, welcome to SARP. If you have questions about anything to do with characters or the creation process, feel free to jump on the IRC, and I'm usually around to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back