• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Inventory questions

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
Hey all. Sorry for being a bother, but I'm wondering about how my inventory might work. Specifically, I have two questions:

1. How much shipping can I get the Star Army to pay for? My char has a bit of equipment he'd like to bring with him for his occupation.

2. Would the Star Army allow him to transport personal weapons onboard whatever ship he's assigned to?

3. If (2.) is okay, is it possible for my character to wear not only his standard sidearm but a weapon he brought with him?

Thanks for any help provided. I hate to sound nit-picky, but I want to be accurate.

1. How much shipping can I get the Star Army to pay for? My char has a bit of equipment he'd like to bring with him for his occupation.
Whatever he can carry plus what he can place in two foot lockers, normally.
2. Would the Star Army allow him to transport personal weapons onboard whatever ship he's assigned to?
Yes, but a large collection is frowned upon (please, no more than one rifle, if any)
3. If (2.) is okay, is it possible for my character to wear not only his standard sidearm but a weapon he brought with him?
Not sure why you'd want to wear two pistols (unless you were all John Woo style), but I supposed it'd be allowed. Carrying an SMG or rifle around a ship all the time is asking for the captain to jump on you though.

I looked over the standard issue, was wondering about equipment for specialties, beyond Basic Initial Issue... My idea for a medic character, for example: will the character need to pay for what isn't on the BII list, or is there a yardstick for what else is reasonable? Or do I have to go running to sickbay to sign for property received every time I have to put on a bandaid?
I've seen both extremes in real military units.

Actually, most ships are pretty well-stocked, it seems...and the nodal construction system can make things like bandaids out of raw plastic and thin air.
In short, unless you have a favorite tricorder device, you're probably gonna have everything you need and then some.

So, its the much easier honor system of, unless its ridiculous, "I have it if I need it" under optimal circumstances, such as aboard ship, and isn't an issue unless in some sort of extraordinary or desperate circumstances? Good, that's less bookkeeping to get in the way of roleplaying.

It's nice to see the wonders of technology making things easier for once, isn't it? :p

Easier than dealing with the quartermaster corps >.<

Since this, to the best of my knowledge, was never documented in the wiki, I've added a section to the Assignments page that says what soldiers can bring with them for free.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back