• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Closed Investigate Subaccount Possibilities

These suggestions have been dropped by the suggestor or rejected by staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
This idea is that I and/or other staff should investigate the possibility of add-ons that allow users to make subaccounts that they can use for posting as characters or organizations. The requirements would have to be that it was error-free (not breaking stuff or incompatible with other add-ons or Discord integration) and clearly showing who the OOC account is.

Personally, I'm not really a huge fan of this and for admin purposes it's much easier to keep track of all you guys as individuals and account-per-player is kind of a Star Army tradition at this point...BUT I'm always listening so I want to gauge interest from the playerbase at large. Please upvote or downvote to show whether or not you are for or against this idea.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Personally, I do prefer per person accounts. It's a lot easier to manage. However, I will admit there is a certain level of 'cool' to having it be character based. One possible way to hybrid it might be to keep things per person, but on each post have a field for a wiki character. It would then put the character's 'avatar' and name on the side on top of the person's Avatar. Here is a quick mockup of how it might look. The character's name would of course link to the character's wiki page.

Untitled (1).png

Reactions: Wes
I strongly believe that looking at sub-account options would be counterproductive. It would give us an inaccurate picture of activity and/or cause moderation issues if subaccounts become shared or used for entities larger than an individual. I think one account per person is accurate. To be really honest, I wish more people just used their name like Wes and I do, versus the alternate names. That is just a personal preference though.

Reactions: Wes
Honestly I feel like it'll cause more of a headache then its worth. I mean I know our existing system and going through and double checking stuff will be too taxing. Also just digging through all threads if a issue pops up can delay things.

So just one account per person on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back