• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

OOC [Iromakuanhe] Dream World

The problem is this meeting isn't just part of this plot but a larger metaplot. I am starting to think meetings like this shouldn't be under a GM's purview but a neutral third party. This way someone can't use their GM status to retcon something in the Premier election metaplot.

It's also concerning that Sachiko claims to KNOW that she's going to win the election. How can she have this knowledge?

Another thing I would like to mention is moderator power being used to lock an RP thread. If that is acceptable then all GMs should have this power. Or some rules for legitimate use of thread locking powers should be put in place.
I think the argument of a metaplot is a bit ridiculous. The only meta-plot really is the Kuvexian War, with things like the Senate reflecting entirely in non-plot threads via the communication hub and personal JPs.

Let Sachiko CLAIM TO KNOW, because... well, as @Wes can likely validate, he still hasn't even decided how the winner will be picked.

And on the GM thing: I think GMs having the right to lock threads is perfectly sensible. Their GM and Player rights are bolstered and give them the power within their board. If people don't want their threads potentially locked, open RP is an option... but if it's part of that plot specifically, then the GM still decides whether it gets canonized or not. This is the GM's right, which the player's right only pertains to their personal character and not their factional ties (barring an FM invoking their FM rights as well). And even then, there's still likely rule grey-area due to the GM's right to run plots as they so desire.

But I'd like it if boards had their GMs able to lock threads. It'd be useful to actually help keep boards clean and safe from spam bots/troll applicants. Not that I'm really at risk, as my plots are all in 18+ boards... but still seems like it'd be useful for GMs to have.

I'd certainly appreciate the ability to lock threads as a GM/FM. I don't think we've ever actually had that power before, but it sounds like something that could be useful, though I can't for the life of me figure out where or when I'd have used it in the past. Usually just saying something isn't canon is enough.

In either case can we please refrain from digging trenches and pulling out our machine guns and barbed wire until Ametheliana weighs in on whether we can amicably continue or not?

@ArsenicJohn that's not really correct, there were OOC reasons as to why Ira was not supposed to notice the SAINT -yet-. It was not as if he was not allowed to ever notice them, and it was agreed upon in OOC. That constitutes a violation of trust. You can't tell me that that is 'okay' to do. Ame doesn't own SAINT and for all you know she might have stipulations she has to follow. There are other things just called -respect- to consider as well. Ame didn't control Ira's character or hamper them form RPing, just a "don't notice them -yet-." that's it. How can anyone be of the notion that it's something that should be ignored?

Also incase you haven't notice Dream World is not an election plot, it's a place for Iroma related political RP., and those associated with the Iroma. This has no real impact on YSE elections, rather the elections have an impact on this.

In YE40, the Great War began...

The ASTERIANS and IROMA charged over teh trenches to GLORIOUS CROSSOVER RP!

View attachment 15188

SUDDENLY there is an ARGUMENT! PEW PEW! DAKKA DAKKA! NOBODY ADMITS WRONGDOING!

MAN ZE MACHINE GUNZ! GET OUT THE RULESBOOK!

View attachment 15189

THE OOC squabbling is BITTER and TERRIBLE! Points are made! Counter points are counted!

Everybody misunderstands everything!

View attachment 15190

SHALL A HERO EMERGE TO SAVE US?

WILL OUR HEROES CONTINUE THEIR RP TOGETHER AND FORGE OOC PEACE?

TUNE IN NEXT TIME WHEN @Ametheliana POSTS!

(This is so much more fun than the argument).

Last edited:
@ArsenicJohn that's not really correct, there were OOC reasons as to why Ira was not supposed to notice the SAINT -yet-. It was not as if he was not allowed to ever notice them, and it was agreed upon in OOC. That constitutes a violation of trust. You can't tell me that that is 'okay' to do. Ame doesn't own SAINT and for all you know she might have stipulations she has to follow. There are other things just called -respect- to consider as well. Ame didn't control Ira's character or hamper them form RPing, just a "don't notice them -yet-." that's it. How can anyone be of the notion that it's something that should be ignored?

Also incase you haven't notice Dream World is not an election plot, it's a place for Iroma related political RP., and those associated with the Iroma. This has no real impact on YSE elections, rather the elections have an impact on this.

I think you have the situation misunderstood sir.

The nuance. The content there was primarily about Sachiko and the two soverigns. This was a cross over so greater events were being discussed here. It is a very dialogue heavy plot.

Plus we were judging towards talking to the iromakuanhe.

I think he might be talking about the personnel? I'm not privy to any conversations, but I don't think Ame asked for the roof ninja's to be ignored until after the fact. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

@Ira Literally nothing you just said suggest that anything in my post was wrong. Never said it wasn't a cross over. Also the way you're talking...I'm not sure you realize it but I'm actually one of the members of this plot dude <.< I know what Dream World is about.

If anyone would like to one on one JP with their characters and mine, we can do that!

@Ira @Bullroarer @Gallant (I know the latter of which will just reply to an IC comm when it comes, but still! Might as well tag ya)

Thanks Ira! I think we can have a lot of fun with this if done right!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back