• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Is there a minimum age limit on characters?

Kai

Retired Staff
Fay
This multiple bannings of Redmoon for him being underaged (but probably also for his lack of grammar and respect) has arisen a question from me. Is their a minimum age limit for a character? I can understand Nekos being young, but what about the other PC species? I know 12 or 13 is way too young, but what about 16 or 17? I always assumed 18 was the minimum age, but I never really asked until now. I am just wondering out of curiousity.

Kim
Typically for human characters in a military setting, we try to keep them at the youngest: 17. As this is the minimum age of military enlistment for the real military.

Nekos tend to be different since they are generally given mature, adult personalities despite their young age.

As far as the civilian ships go... that's up to the individual captains. i really think they'd be hesitant to have a 15 year old kid as a member of their crew and even more so to have a 10 year old child.

Gamerofthegame
Military stuff won't take anything below... Well, just to make it seem better, 16. Thats a generalization, too, and probably 17 instead.

Civ. ships, like Kimmeh said, are up to the captains. But the possiblity is there.

Kerigan and Kessah, for instance, have worked as engineers on vessels since they were, like... 6. Well? Well, till they were 12 or so they were just assistants, but still doing something.

Kim
But weren't Kerigan and Kess already living on their ship with their parents? That's a different scenario entirely.

Fay

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I had assumed exactly what you had stated, but I just wanted to make sure. ^_^

Tyler
Minimum age in the SAoY is 16 for non nekos.

But is there a minimum age limit for a character at all? Someone was interested in making a young Iroma (that age differently than Neko and humans) and wanted their character to be really young for a little while, around 13, 14. Would this have been playable?

Minimum age limits for characters are essentially by plot, though factions may have firm age restrictions that all PCs in them must meet. There's nothing stopping someone from running a 'Rugrats in Funky City' game aside from it being nigh-on impossible to manage, and the players likely wanting to do things that could not be accepted as canon (like escaping from their babysitter to steal a mech and go on a rampage.)

There is not OOC minimum age limit to characters, but characters that are children should never be used in "ero" RP.

I hope this answer your question.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back