• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

On Hold Ise Katae

I'm currently using Ise Katae as GM of Nash's Aeon II plot. Me and Tanaka are wanting to at least finish the last plot started by Nash as a tribute.

Keep it up then! I thought it was over.

And by all means keep using her. I mean for her to be GM-available NPC for that fleet.

No it's not over. Just going very slow. Wes and I spoke briefly about when the mission is over about promoting her to an admiral or such so that she could be used as an NPC in command. I like the idea of her having a place to go to keep Nash a part of the site.

Yeah this is part of me going through his to-do lists and checking things off and making sure they're in a place to get used by people. Sorry I didn't pay closer attention to your plot!

I kind of view her as Nashoba's flagship character. He and I were not very close, but I really loved the man and we gamed together and talked about marriage together : ( So I guess we were and I just don't want to see such a lovely man's fav NPC'd out of the plot he loved for a long time. As someone who has adopted flagship charcaters and regretted it, I would like to just have a reconsideration made but I don't really know a solution. I kind of just wanted to say something but now I miss the guy, guys :<

So that said how do we keep her always involved with stuff, post-Aeon II? Do just we have a constant volunteer in the Aeon Seat to keep it always going? Should we take her out of the 1XF to some more accessible place like a new or disused fleet with like... an open metaplot for people to run plots out of with access to the commander? Nash is our unfortunate first precedent on how we handle the permanent absence of a true founding pillar like that who has some just utterly iconic stuff that it would be a tragedy of the highest order for it to fall into disuse. Like I am going through his body of work with the 2XF now and like, wew it's a good thing Ise is in a current plot because things can't be allowed to get to that state like the 2XF before they're rescued. It's great stuff, and deserves to be more than a historical photograph, but it's a pile of work.

This doesn't directly effect me, but it does raise important questions. My perspective is that we should use her to tell more good stories. Our interpretations of the character might not be as good, but they might be even better. Consider for a moment all of the various characterizations of Sherlock Holmes. Are there terrible ones? Absolutely. However, there are also amazing ones as well. You often can't tell which will be which without going and doing it. The only way to tell more good stories is to tell more stories with the best of your ability.

Cowboy's using her in their plot, pretty open and shut.

If Cowboy is actively using the character, I agree Cowboy should get priority. Not sure if Yuuki was aware of this when she proposed it. However, maybe this should be revisited in the sense of maybe Cowboy will want to adopt her, or if she doesn't Yuuki might later on down the road. Either way, whoever handles it, please do so in a gentle and respectful way that honors our friend and his creative design. Nashoba is missed, its good though that we can all speak openly when it comes to trying to preserve his legacy.

There are no issues. Yukki already said she didn't realize that the plot was still going and that she's just wanting to reorganize the 2FX so that Nash's work doesn't become out of date.

Form what I've seen, everyone had the utmost respect for Nash and I'm glad his work will continue to be used.

Wel that's 1XF so I was like ...ohno major character in the fleet I help manage flapping in the breeze.

but then Ame made all these good points that made me scared about what happen after the thing stops

RPG-D RPGfix
Back