• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character Itatski Kyoko

Tagging @Glein for GM approval but I will recommend putting the same amount of effort into her history that went into her relationship notes.

While there's nothing particularly objectionable about the character, I'd recommend that, as a new player, you don't make a SAINT operative to start out. It's a difficult profession to fulfill in roleplay and you'd be better suited learning the ropes in a more standard profession.

I would agree with Ame in this particular situation. Even if they're little more than a 99-day Neko, they'll have had some kind of experiences thus far. After all, history helps define personality. Knowing where one came from and how that shaped them, including the experiences which gave them their most defining traits are useful tools, especially as a GM since it gives me hooks to see about using at the high level, and points for other players on the plotship to explore at the low level.

Tagging @Glein for GM approval but I will recommend putting the same amount of effort into her history that went into her relationship notes.
I would agree with Ame in this particular situation. Even if they're little more than a 99-day Neko, they'll have had some kind of experiences thus far. After all, history helps define personality. Knowing where one came from and how that shaped them, including the experiences which gave them their most defining traits are useful tools, especially as a GM since it gives me hooks to see about using at the high level, and points for other players on the plotship to explore at the low level.
Okay, working on it~

While there's nothing particularly objectionable about the character, I'd recommend that, as a new player, you don't make a SAINT operative to start out. It's a difficult profession to fulfill in roleplay and you'd be better suited learning the ropes in a more standard profession.
I like the risk 😅 As I talked with Pine and Glein, both never discouraged me on her profession and now I feel kind of commited 😅

As I talked with Pine and Glein, both never discouraged me on her profession and now I feel kind of commited 😅
They don't really know what they're talking about when it comes to SAINT but you do you.

To be fair, I didn't talk much about SAINT myself, because I don't know it well enough to say what they were considering to do was a good starting point or not, so I didn't say anything. Say what you will, but I do try to have a solid idea of what I'm talking about before going in depth about a thing. I don't always get it right due to the sources I find not always being the most reliable, but I do make the effort when I need to be sure I'm not screwing something up.

I don't know how committed you are to her profession since her history still doesn't include the normal aspects of training in the SAINT program.

When I first joined the site I immediately asked raz to join his plot as a SAINT agent and I was immediately told that it's not an appropriate beginner character occupation for someone to start with. He even messaged Wes to let him know he had turned me around and it was all fine. I have some SAINT characters now, but he is right in that it is not a good starting character and I'll add: it's not a good starter for someone that hasn't done a lot of wiki diving in order to come to their conclusion. Whereas with most occupations where you will have to read one occupation page, with SAINT you have to read many more like conditioning, training, operative, and intelligence officer, and maybe more that I don't know about because this occupation is not my forte even now.

I am going to request that you find a new occupation. You don't seem to have a firm grasp on the setting, yet, and when you do it'll be a great place to be but for now something that requires less of you starting out seems to be the answer @NightDreamer09.

Side note: When I said put the same effort into her history that you put into her relationship notes, I did not mean add more to her history about her relationships. I meant add about her training and life outside of family, perhaps.

I don't know how committed you are to her profession since her history still doesn't include the normal aspects of training in the SAINT program.

When I first joined the site I immediately asked raz to join his plot as a SAINT agent and I was immediately told that it's not an appropriate beginner character occupation for someone to start with. He even messaged Wes to let him know he had turned me around and it was all fine. I have some SAINT characters now, but he is right in that it is not a good starting character and I'll add: it's not a good starter for someone that hasn't done a lot of wiki diving in order to come to their conclusion. Whereas with most occupations where you will have to read one occupation page, with SAINT you have to read many more like conditioning, training, operative, and intelligence officer, and maybe more that I don't know about because this occupation is not my forte even now.

I am going to request that you find a new occupation. You don't seem to have a firm grasp on the setting, yet, and when you do it'll be a great place to be but for now something that requires less of you starting out seems to be the answer @NightDreamer09.

Side note: When I said put the same effort into her history that you put into her relationship notes, I did not mean add more to her history about her relationships. I meant add about her training and life outside of family, perhaps.

So, did I I said I was finished working on her history? I don't think I did, I just said I was working on it.

Anyway, I got the message and Kioko is going, for the time being, on hold. (On hold meaning that I'm not going to work on her more for now, if you want to delete her, just say so I save a few things. )

Now hold up- You've already put a lot of work into this character- Don't shelve her just because someone who isn't even involved in the plot you want to put her in has a few reservations.

Now, instead of ditching This character, Night, lets try to make her work, for the sake of your fun.

Last edited:
I didn't mean to dissuade you from joining or roleplaying. An occupation is not as important to a character as playing them is. Having fun in roleplay and making memories and good writing comes way way above anything like occupation. Don't let this stop you from making the character you want for a good plot. The character's motivations for joining SAINT -really the only mention of the occupation I could find- was to prove something to their family. That doesn't sound like the occupation is so ingrained in the character that you can't rework it. Find a way to make this work for you instead of against you and I promise you will find the silver lining is really gold. For now, time helps and thinking things over does, too. I recommend doing that and seeing where you can go once you are ready to do so.

@NightDreamer09 i was wondering if you are still interested in this character? :) if so please respond to it so that approve phase can continue, if you require any help do poke us in discord or here, we gladly help!
I've slowly reworked the story with the imputs from Glein to make it somewhat deeper and more coherent.

I'll be honest, I'm still unsure given what happened before. However... yes, I'd like to go on and see if I can be up to the standard of the skeptics and of who gave me trust and permission to go on if so I wished.

A Chinese monk once said, "Uncertainty is just an obstacle to destiny, and courage is the pull of fate."

I know you will find your way forward, and that your enjoyment of the character will be well worth the effort. I'm sure that the stories we'll write together as a community will be the encouragement to show you that where there maybe be a few skeptics, there is still a community of helping and welcoming hands reaching back to accept you into fold. Don't let anyone make you feel like it's over, or not possible, as long as you can find a way to have fun as a writer.

My help is always available if needed, you know how to reach me. I do hope you'll feel better about it all as things go forward, and that me and Glein as well as few others are rooting for ya. Also @Wes I'm actually the Co-GM for this plot, unless you don't want me to post here for the review process still.

I'd been talking with them during the time they were working on cleaning things up and clarifying aspects that were, in my opinion at the time, lacking enough to need refinement. The only section I have not been able to really help them on, is their skills, as SAINT is not my forte, and I don't want to go over the materials there and give them inaccurate information. Otherwise, they look to be ready in all other facets to me.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back