• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

I've come to role play and chew bubblegum... but I still have bubblegum, dammit!

Redboi

Inactive Member
Hoyo hoyo my fellow members of this lovely forum! I come here now pulled by the waves of my own boredom and interest on this very cool universe. Arrived by word of mouth, I am liking all I am seeing so far a lot and more so I've been thinking of officially joining this little boat. Hope I'll be able to get along with all of you.

Now, let's do this thing.

What do you call yourself? Red is my most common name, but things like Sasha or Kami are pretty okay as well. Any outlandish nicknames are welcome and even encouraged.

How'd you find Star Army? Word of mouth, my dear friend Crystal bringing up the site in one of our discussions. So I grabbed mah boots and jumped into this new adventure.

What interested you in joining? Sci-Fi is not something I've dipped my hands into too much in the nearly 2 years I've been RPing, is not very common either. I do have a preference for Fantasy, but this is such a rich universe and the amount of effort pumped into the forum and site both made me think it could be pretty cool. Plus all the hot babes and more chances to tease poor Crystal but don't tell her about it.

Ever done this text-based role-playing thing before? Certainly not like this at the very least, so I am pretty curious about trying it out.

Any previous experiences you want to share? My life is not a super interesting one, so nothing really springs to mind.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? Definitely males, but I am not adverse to dwelling in other genders for that sweet diversity.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? I'd say both are okay, but I haven't had enough experience in this sort of RP to say for sure right now.
  • Military or civilian characters? They each have their own charm, I have a hard time picking favorites. The action, the tensions of combat, the camaraderie or lack thereof with your companions, or the many, varied facets of the life of a civilian expressed differently across a number of varied cultures. Fascinating.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? Likewise, no real favorite. But depending the species of alien things may be different. Even humans can be subject to peculiar qualities that make them stand out.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? I'd have to say I lean more for a starship. There is something that feels more personal about that kind of space. But both are more than A-Okay.
  • Roleplay via forum posts or in real-time? I am much more used to real-time so it'd be my area of comfort, but using forum posts to accommodate the annoyances of college sounds like a fantastic idea.
On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 3
  • Violence: 2
  • Sexuality: 3
What's something cool you'd love to RP? There's a lot of species to frolic with in very exciting, heart thumping manners for, but more than anything, the discussion of ideas and perspectives or the mere interaction of different individuals as they clash.

So you’re the one who followed me >.>

Not that i mind lol, also sorry to say the site hasn’t seen crystal doing any rp in a while but if you could convince her to come back that’d be cool ^^

I run a couple of plots here and there which are all linked on my wiki page, or if your in the discord server someone could probably tell you the names.

Welcome to the site tho hope you enjoy it

It is very nice to have you here! I hope you have lots of fun roleplaying and I hope the bubblegum habit doesn't get in the way! :]

Welcome to the site! If you haven't already come join us on the discord! Its a good place to get help with making a character, Learning lore, Or navigating our MASSIVE wiki. Or just to hang out~

discord.png

Like everyone else i also run plots. There are various forums for the different factions here on the site. And i run one and Co-run another for the Nepleslian Faction in the form of a gritty SWAT style police plot, And a Space-fighter centric dogfighting aspect for a large Joint plot the 309th's Aquila Flight.

Every faction has its own niche and some are much larger or more advanced than others. And some are more gritty or violent or lean towards are more 18+ aspect like Nepleslia. And while i dont have the personal experience to tell you everything about all of them im sure everyone would love to tell you about their faction they support or run, And the plots in that faction and why you'd be perfect for them!

Lay it on 'em, Char. Give' em that tutorial.

Hiya, I'm IQ. Welcome to the site. I've seen you started to follow me as well :p

Hope to write with you soon. And don't be afraid to DM me if you have questions or are looking for a plot to join.

Hello fellow RPer! Name's Wolf. It's always good to have new members. Makes me feel like a veteran, ha!

Don't worry we have everything you need in this forum! Space battles? We go them! Infantry battle? We got them! Political and philosophical conflicts? we go them! Romantic underplots? What the hell do you think serves as fuel for our creative engines! XD

I know it can be overwhelming at times with the scope and size of this universe, since my first online roleplay experience was here. But If there is one thing this server is good at is player support. We got your back!

I hope to see on the field of battle one day my friend!
Wolf626
Gone hunting Pizza

Hi you've met me on the discord already and I hope you forgive the first meeting. I am a GM, FM, and a new member of staff. I run and own the faction Section 6 (known as the New Dusk Conclave in character), with my many friends and players. We also have a main plot there focused around setting up on a new world we're trying to make our home as we build up our new government. RP follows along most genres of RP, from civilian, military, casual, adventure, exploration, and even maybe some romantic under plots along the way. @IQ who posted earlier is one of my Co-FMs, as well as GM.

We have a board here on the forum if you'd like to take a peek sometime. Also we'll be possibly starting a reboot of a past plot around a university the faction ran in it's old home.

Other then that I play on the Kaiyo II plot run by Ame who has said hello above, and in the Eucharis plot run by the site owner himself, Wes. Also around beginning of next year hopefully, me and @SirSkully are planning a new Yamatai plot center around a star fortress that is protecting a major agricultural planet in this time of IC war. We plan to have characters in SAoY Rangers, as well as characters in a SOFT unit. I hope you might consider joining us in the future.

Well I've talked your ear off long enough, but again, welcome and a pleasure meeting you. I as several others I see have offered, have my messages open. Feel free to message me if you need any help, or have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around the site, and on Discord.

Welcome to SARP; obligatory requirement that you join and work for GLORIOUS NEPLESLIA.
If you have any questions, feel free to ping me (@Legix), my minions (@Ametheliana & @Charmaylarg Dufrain) and we will gladly try to help you out with any of its many plots. Nepleslia is probably one of the more tighter knit factions with many of its players participating across its board. We've got plenty of plots too - from military plots, police plots, crime plots, and freelancer-esque plots.

Anyhow, hope you enjoy your time here; few people make THE PERFECT DECISION OF JOINING NEPLESLIA FOR GLORY AND CAMARADERIE but that's fine.

Looking forward to bigger things from you, kid.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back