• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission KAIMON Ascendant Companion

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Because they're so dangerous, scalar weapons are restricted in Yamatai to use only by the Star Army. Other than that, seems OK to me.

Because they're so dangerous, scalar weapons are restricted in Yamatai to use only by the Star Army. Other than that, seems OK to me.

Edited to normal energy pulse :) @Wes

Last edited:
Fixed Thanks for the heads up

Hey Andrew!

I came in to wrap this up, but looking through the article I've got a few things I'm not sure on.

Tier 2 for a 10 cm object (especially with all the other stuff it does) feels high for me - especially so at Tier 3, even with an external power source. I know we typically keep pistols to Tier 1, sometimes Tier 3. The NPS is a big exception to this. Is it your intention that the companion is as lethal as a GP-12 Phased Pulse Rifle on its normal fire setting (with a higher ammo capacity) or the LASR with an external power supply? It seems strong to me.

I'm also not sure on the 200kg lift capacity - the linked article doesn't get into the carry capacity for the tech, but it seems like a lot for an object of its size. If there's precedent for an object of this size and with the other functions doing something similar, I'd be happy to give it the thumbs up.

Overall I think it's a cool drone, I'm just not quite comfortable approving it as-is.

Thanks!

@Whisper

I nerfed it to Tier 2 and nerfed its defense and offensive systems.
  • It doesn't really matter to me since the DR system is not used anywhere in my roleplay.
  • Nerfed its graviton beam emitted pickup capacity to 100kg. (just above the average weight of a person).
Thank you.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back