• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Kai's Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
After a year or so of being well dead, Kai stirred and blinked his eyes open and immediately closed them again. "Argh...stupid light..." He grumbled, his eyes not used to it yet. The young man sat up, heedless if he was wearing clothes or not and opened his eyes again slowly adjusting to the light, revealing jade-colored eyes. His long silky red hair falling over his shoulders as he moved. "I feel like I got hit by a tank then paraded over..."

Kikyô looked over at Kai, "Welcome back."

Kai blinked and turned to the voice, his eyesight clearing a little, Kikyô felt a slight brush of an invisible hand as Kai surveyed the surroundings with his mind to readjust to substance. "Have I been asleep for long?"

"You've been dead for about a year." Kikyô said simply, her voice was cold like ice, "How do you feel?"

"Horrible, glad I haven’t eaten anything in that time." He grinned mirthfully. It felt good to have a body again instead of just ghostly substance. "I've missed a lot I feel..."

Yuuko darted through the medbay door and jumped into the air to glomp Kai. "Kai-san!" she wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck, clinging to him. "It's been so long!"

Kai omphed as she did. "hi to you too Yuuko." he smiled and hugged her back gently.
Yuuko released him after a bit and smiled, "Welcome back!"

The Taisa rolled her eyes, displays of affection meant nothing to her and Yuuko had to be one of the childish people she had ever seen out of diapers, she walked away a few steps and stayed silent.

Kai looked over at Kikyô squarely. "Thanks for reviving me then." He said. Then turned to Yuuko and ruffled her hair affectionately. "Is Keiko around anywhere?"

"Not here. I think she's on the Celia with Taisho Henry," Yuuko told him.

"Oh...well...she'll be excited to hear the news then." Kai chuckled shaking his head.
Yuuko held out both hands, holding a white-paneled Star Army uniform to give to Kai. "You'll be back in this again," she smiled.

Kai blinked as a slow blush flared up in his cheeks, he hadn't realized he was naked...figures. "Um...could you avert your eyes for a moment please you two?" He asked politely. He knew back of his mind they already seen him but it was natural modesty taking over.

Yuuko did an about face.

Kikyô rolled her eyes once more and obediently turned her back, "My mother will want to speak with you at the earliest opportunity."

The newly revived young man quickly slid into the clothing provided with a couple rustling sounds and soon was dressed at least. "Pardon my ignorance, I'm sure you understand my position here but who is that? Someone of high rank I assume."

"My mother is the Empress." Kikyô said simply. "Tell me once you are ready and I'll contact her for you."

Yuuko spun around again. "Ayame! You know, the woman the Celia's class is named after?" she said, stepped next to him and playfully elbowed his side.

Kai perked an eyebrow, this was new. He bowed his head to Kikyô in this case, he may outrank her but she was still the princess here. His eyes shifted down to Yuuko as he nodded in acknowledgement; "Ah. In that case, I should speak with her as soon as possible then."

"Very well." Kikyô pulled out her little communicator and after exchanging a few words with her mother she handed the communicator over to Kai, "Here you go."

"Arigato." He nodded as he accepted the communicator. "Greetings my empress." he bowed his head to Ayame in the holographic communicator. "You wished to speak with me?"

The Empress smiled at Kai, "I wished to discuss your assignment."

"I get back and within moments I'm being reassigned already." he chuckled good-naturedly. "Forgive me, I'm slightly amused by this. But what assignment will I be placed in?" He asked.

"You rank will be changed to Taisho and you will be placed in charge of the current mission to apprehend Naraku and recover Yuumi. After the successful completion of that mission I will be assigning you your own fleet and command over the new psionics division of the Star Army." Ayame paused a moment to allow it all to sink in, "Any questions?"

Kai listened intently as to quickly understand the orders. "I have some about this psionics division, but if it's not a problem with you, I'd prefer to speak of that in person. In the meanwhile, I'll gladly accept the responsibility of finding Yuumi and apprehending Naraku." He smiled at her, brushing a bit of hair back.

"I imagine you would like a summary of the major events in the Empire and those pertaining to you in particular, Kikyô has been kind enough to compile a datapad for you. She also has your new rank pin." Ayame paused, she had a pained look in her eyes and quickly ended the transmission.

Kai nodded and turned to Kikyô, he wondered about the pained look on Ayame's face, little things like that bothered him slightly. He'd try and help her later on but now wasn't the time. "You compiled a datapad for me? Thank you, it's appreciated." he said to her.

Kikyô walked over and handed him a datapad. She pinned the new Taisho pin on him she then punched him rather hard where the pin sat against his chest so the back punctured his skin and drew blood. "All things cost blood, remember that..." With a quick turn Kikyô then left the medbay.

He winced at the prick and that punch nearly knocked the air out of him. "Dang....that hurt..." He huffed slightly. He turned to Yuuko and grinned, happy to see a friendly face once more...but something in the back of his mind reminded him he had someone to look for. "How have you been this last year Yuuko?" Kai asked her curiously

"Alright. I tried my hand as a commander but it didn't work out. Also, the same for being with Wazu. He's gone forever, now..." Yuuko told Kai.

He nodded and gave her a small, friendly hug to comfort his friend. "Things happen that don't always work out. But you're strong enough to get by it and continue." He said in a soft voice.

Yuuko nodded, "I know."

"Now, would you please contact Keiko and let her know I've returned? I should get to reading this datapad." Kai asked as he released Yuuko.

"Of course."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back