• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character Kazutaka Muraki

Shogo

Inactive Member
Name: Kazutaka Muraki

General Information
Species: Geshrin

Family/Creators:
Real Parents: He doesn't remember
Adoptive Parents: Kazutaka Shingen; father
Kazutaka Noh; mother

Faction: Star Army
Current Assignment: YSS Nozomi

Physical Characteristics
Height: 5'9" or 178cm
Weight: I80lbs or 81.6kg

Build and Skin Color: Muraki has what can best be described as the average build for one who pilots Power Armor, well toned with good muscle definition but nothing as drastic as what a bodybuilder might have. His skin is a rather basic flesh tone, not quite tanned yet at the same time not quite pale.
Face and Eye Color: Muraki's face gives him an appearance of kindness and understanding, rarely contorting into hateful glares or similar face making. He looks rather handsome, his emerald grren eyes adding to this effect due to their seemingly hypnotic nature.
Hair color and Style: Muraki's hair is a silverish gray color, somehow matching up with the color of his eyes in what some might call perfect harmony. He keeps his hair short and a little bit spiky, rarely letting his hair grow past shoulder length before getting it cut again.

Distinguishing Features: A scar running through his right eye, the upper part barely passing the right eyebrow and the lower part barely reaching the right cheekbone. This small scar, probably an inch in size at best, was aquired during a small scuffle in his childhood. It's a bit faint so it can be hard to spot in bad lighting but it is the only thing about his face that might suggest he was capable of being unfriendly, not counting the fact he's a soldier.

Psychological Characteristics
Personality: Respectful and polite to others, Muraki is mostly a laid back and tolerant person when not in combat. The only times he really gets angry are when someone disrespects him, a friend, or he faces an Elysian in combat. He is a very nice guy once you get to know him, believing that everyone deserves respect and to get respect, one must respect others. The only exception to this rule of course being that he has little respect for any Elysians he may have to fight. He is extremely loyal to those he can call a friend, not above risking his own hide for them. The only real downside to him can be the fact that he can hold a grudge for a long time. It is unknown how Muraki would handle a real combat situation, due to his inexperience. But it is known that the young, for a Geshrin, can be quite calm in intense situations, hopefully this will transfer over to battle situations and his concealed anger won't slip through.
Dislikes: People waking him up, people disturbing him when he reads, strictness, Elysians; military not civilian
Goals: Stay alive, keep the bloodline going, to quell his anger and one day forgive the Elysians

History
Muraki was born only a few short years before the viral attack that ended 20 billion Greshrin lives, his real parents included. This rather devastating and highly traumatic event was blamed on the Elysians, causing Muraki to develop a hatred for their kind at an early age. Being orphaned, Muraki was forced to make a living on the streets. By some stroke of luck, a young couple decided to adopt him as their own when they realized he had no home of his own after an attempt to steal from them. Because of the young age in which he lost his parents, the couple that adopted him are the only people he currently considers family. He would later go on to join the Star Army, finding the Kylie M3 Power Army to be what he considered his true calling. He also joined up due to him currently blaming Elysian military officials and not the civilian populace of their people, seeing the piloting career as the perfect chance at obtaining vengeance and letting his heart be put at ease. He's recently been transferred to a more engaging and combat oriented ship, only handling the mediocre task of police work and security detail till now.

Skills:

Communication: Muraki is familiar with basic radio operation and procedures and can make transmissions to and receive transmissions from other characters through headsets, starships, power armor, and shuttles in both combat and non-combat conditions. Muraki is fluent in English. He can speak and write both correctly and efficiently and can write reports, fill forms, issue orders under fire, etc.

Fighting and Physical: Muraki received hand-to-hand combat training by way of loading all the necessary related knowledge into his memory, and then following up with a rigorous training program. He is skilled and experienced in combat both in Yamatai-like conditions and in zero-gravity, with and without weapons. Weapons he is trained in include energy pistols, knives, and power armor.

Information Technology: Muraki is capable of operating any computer system that uses the Kessaku OS, found on all Star Army starships. He is proficient in entering and/or searching for information.

Mathematics: Muraki received basic mathematics training, to including up to algebra and trigonometry.

Survival and Military: Like most front-line combat soldiers, Muraki has been given training in the arts of survival and warfare. This includes basic wilderness survival for multiple environments as well as escape and evasion tactics in case he is lost behind enemy lines. His warfare training includes weaponry and melee combat training as well as training in small group tactics along with basic strategy.

Rogue: Due to his limited time on the streets, Muraki has some skills in the art of the pickpocket, though he rarely uses these skills nowadays.

Maintenance and Repair: Though not fully qualified to maintain a Kylie M3, Muraki can execute minor to moderate repairs in the event of emergencies.

Character approved. First-time go. :D

Congratulations on successfully navigating the new character creation guide. Please let me know what you thought about it and how it could be improved.

There's a ton of orphans now for some reason. I don't get it. I'm just pointing that out, the history was all right. Good job.

Being an orphan brings to the character a sense of deep rooted inner pain, and is an easy springboard for all sorts of intresting personality problems. It also is one of the more intresting of the things you can have in a childhood, and thus one of the most intresting and important events you can fit in a history without having to RP it out. If anyone here is an orphan I am not trying to make it sound glamorous, just saying why people might want to Rp as one.

I think Seki is right-on. It's also an overused to make a character "harder."

Still, in the SARP universe, I could see why orphans would be pretty common, with all the wars.

Having a family, though, is not a bad thing. I'd like to see it more often.

And how often do families actually SEE each other in SA? And some people (like myself) really can't or don't want to have to play more than one character per scene.

It's quite possible to not be an orphan, and still not think of the family. It's not like everything has to be extraordinary, you can just as well say the character had a normal childhood. If you mean writing a story, Tyler, that wouldn't be RPing anyway. I can understand a neko not having a family, but I'd think a Geshrin or something like that would have seen his parents quite a bit when he was a child. I also want to restate (I think I only talked to Wes about this before) that playing more than one character per scene does not make one of them an NPC. I remember that went on a lot back at the old boards. Players wouldn't play NPCs, because then they would be PCs. Only Wes does NPCs, and those would be the less important guys anyway.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back