• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Ke-M91 SAR Conversion Update

Yuuki

Wiki-chan! Ganbatte yo!
🌟 Site Supporter
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=stararmy:equipment:ke-m91_sar_conversion
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
This is an update to an existing approved item, to bring it in line with current standards and clarify ambiguities. It was approved a very, very long time ago and many details that are now important were left off.

Original approval thread

Summary of changes
  1. Determination of which slots each piece of equipment occupies
  2. Clarification of function of the "Emergency Medical System Uplink" and "Search and Rescue Nodal Support Bits" systems
  3. Request defensive DR for "Supplemental Protective System" (5 or 6?) and "Multifunction Utility Arm" (when used as a weapon, which is noted to be clumsy and difficult. Should be on par with Aether Blades?)
  4. Request nomenclature finalization (again ;) )

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
FM approved.

I'll add the nomenclatures later.

Three Day Approval Timer, Expires 1/21/2020.

I still need updated DR or whatever for the supplemental armor/shields and for whatever manages to get caught in the pincer @Ametheliana @Andrew because I don't know how to into DRv3

Well it's a strange situation. Yes, it adds more shielding but the shielding and damage output are rolled into one. I want to say "go up one on shields" but it doesn't work like that, it would have to bring the whole suit up- along with armaments. You could remind your GMs that the shields are stronger in the future but at this point, I don't think the shields would change the armor as there is a significant reduction in firepower -as stated in the wiki. So it balances. I see you're looking to add DR to the specific shield section but even a mindy doesn't have that- it's something Drv2 would have though, but not anymore.

I don't think Jaws of Life style pincers need a DR value either. They're not "Light Anti-Personnel" and don't have aether or plasma coursing through them to make them viable in combat. If anything, I would give them tier 1 but they're not weaponry and so don't technically need a tier. Maybe I am wrong, but using them as weapons would fall down to GM discretion. Also I thought Jaws of Life mostly open, like the opposite of the job of scissors. Do they have closing power, too?

DRv3 is just an exercise of figuring what your tool can kill, and then just say so. It doesnt really give a damn about balance; balance is an issue for other things to tangle (which is why some people are referee for this subforum :) )

Physical shields are usually at least one step tougher than the base unit. I mean, if it's something you're supposed to hide behind, it'd better actually be something sturdy enough to be worth hiding behind.

Yeah they're snipper-spreaders. They cut going in, and spread going out. It would be difficult to get something moving in them in a fight but anything that was in them would get severed. I... still don't know what to do so maybe I would just leave them both unrated? Still don't know, sorry.

Based on what Fred said and my initial feelings on it, I'd say make the shields/armor tier 5- one tier above the mindy 4.

Otherwise, snippies don't need DR imo unless you have an idea on what you think they should be?

Nomenclature is all it needs, heh.

Up to you if you want it approved without nomenclature or not. Its approval expired so it is approved as long as you're happy with that.

I've been waiting on Wes to do nomenclature since 2005, it's a Star Army meme at this point, hehehe. I guess post it with that in there for now, to make Sage and RaWolfe happy at least?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back