• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Approved Submission Ke-S5-1A Azusa Light Gunship

Toshiro

Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=stararmy:starship_classes:azusa_gunship
List Any Unapproved Sub-Articles
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
This is a light gunship with light carrier capabilities that has the same length as the old Sakura and much the same intended role. It's a Chiaki with the bottom spike from a Plumeria attached to it, some added point defense, and other expansions and changes. She's meant to be cost effective, have extreme parts commonality with the Chiaki and Plumeria, and can field small vehicles/fighters/PA as well. In addition to the normal Type 35 escape pods for people and a suitable crew size for a plot, she uses a Type 41 escape pod and has a larger than normal maximum PA compliment in expectation of a future Mini-Neko PA so that one ship can house a large fighting force.

She's meant to be a lower cost gunship than the 'jack of all trades' Plumeria in a time of war (about 70% volume of fire at the same DR for the main gun) and far cheaper than the Fuji, but capable of assisting fleet operations, holding the rear line to maintain STL superiority with Blink Tactics, or even support Rikugun operations by clinging to the bottom of Kagai-class vessels as many as two at a time to a site to then detach and operate.

I should note that though she was intended to be a tad more niche when initially conceived, she retains enough versatility to be a plotship if desired--especially with the size of her vehicle and shuttlebays. Part of that is due to the internal space allowing for the aforementioned bays once I was done laying out her internal structure. Should the war go badly, or if a rapid buildup were needed, she could become a poor Captain's Plumeria if required. It wouldn't be impossible for her to go beyond her role as the Sakura did, but that depends heavily on how the Army and her Taishos intend to use her.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This looks fly as heck. Thanks for preemptively making one in SAINT colors 😍 We'll definitely use a few.

Added Xiulurium to the hull. I found out that ships have to have this as a prerequisite for full MEGAMI compliance, and intended the ship for stealth anyway. A two sentence change.

Okay looked through all of it. Boy was that a lot of reading. Okay for the most part these things are good, I corrected any minor spelling or grammar mistakes that I caught because none of it effected the wording. I don't see any problems with the articles.

However due to the size and nature of these articles, I want to give a 3-day peer review period. People have 3 days to bring up any concerns they have. After that the articles will automatically be fully approved if there are no problems. This is to ensure nothing was missed, but also to give people more familiar with Yamatai's modern history time to look at things like the ship history and make sure it is good.

I am looking forward to using this design in the new 1XF. Very well done.

I've been asked to change out the Troll Tanks with the new Bulldog ones. Due to space concerns, I reduced the compliment from three to two in the Azusa and Chiaki 1B due to the larger size. I'll make the changes in the Plumeria 2E as well, but keep that ship's compliment at 3 of the tanks.

And thanks for the votes of confidence! I'm glad people like her~

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back