• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Kernel mini missile system

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
As a player of the site, I will look over this abiding by the guidelines provided and the Checklist to ensure as unbiased an opinion as possible.
This review is for: Kernel Mini Missile Launcher

The submitted article is/has…
[ Y ] A very high level of overall quality
[ Y ] A general topic sentence under the title header
[ N ] Artwork (Required for new species; Strongly recommended for vehicles and hand weapons)\\
[ Y ] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[ Y ] In the proper format/template
[ ] Proofread for spelling and grammar
  • subsystem of specific size - subsystem of a specific size.
  • Each Cell is 180mm long on each face, and holds the missiles snugly. Comma unnecessary
  • On each face there are slots and tabs that can attach to the sides of other cells. Comma missing after "Face"
  • Attachment Hard Points. Hard Points should be hyphened

All suggested grammar edits were made to ease submitters workload. Done by Grammarly standards, American English per submitters native constant, Critical errors only.
[ Y ] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[ Y ] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link) Comment down below.
[ Y ] No red and/or broken links
[ Y ] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[ Y ] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[ N ] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[ N ] Obtusely redundant: Would suggest "Obtusely redundant for Faction in question" as an alternative question here.
[ N ] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments. Is this necessarily bad?
[ N ] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation: I recall seeing Zack give the go-ahead
[ N ] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[ N ] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[ N ] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[ N ] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[ N ] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately: The Missiles but those are currently being submitted
[ N ] Lacking Detail: I fully understand the construction and use of this weapon system.
[ N/A ] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed): No image.

The article has…
[ N/A ] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[ N/A ] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[ Y ] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[ Y ] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary

** This seems fairly open and shut. I would be surprised if an NTSE Mod had an issue with this launcher

I don't do it but I am probably going to start doing it, but find a youtube sound clip of the "Retort" of the weapon you are looking for and post it in, make it a clickable link. Merely a suggestion. I'm fairly sure that isn't against the rules.

As a player of the site, I will look over this abiding by the guidelines provided and the Checklist to ensure as unbiased an opinion as possible.
This review is for: Kernel Mini Missile Launcher

The submitted article is/has…
[ Y ] A very high level of overall quality
[ Y ] A general topic sentence under the title header
[ N ] Artwork (Required for new species; Strongly recommended for vehicles and hand weapons)\\
[ Y ] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[ Y ] In the proper format/template
[ ] Proofread for spelling and grammar
  • subsystem of specific size - subsystem of a specific size.
  • Each Cell is 180mm long on each face, and holds the missiles snugly. Comma unnecessary
  • On each face there are slots and tabs that can attach to the sides of other cells. Comma missing after "Face"
  • Attachment Hard Points. Hard Points should be hyphened

All suggested grammar edits were made to ease submitters workload. Done by Grammarly standards, American English per submitters native constant, Critical errors only.
[ Y ] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[ Y ] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link) Comment down below.
[ Y ] No red and/or broken links
[ Y ] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[ Y ] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[ N ] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[ N ] Obtusely redundant: Would suggest "Obtusely redundant for Faction in question" as an alternative question here.
[ N ] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments. Is this necessarily bad?
[ N ] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation: I recall seeing Zack give the go-ahead
[ N ] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[ N ] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[ N ] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[ N ] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[ N ] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately: The Missiles but those are currently being submitted
[ N ] Lacking Detail: I fully understand the construction and use of this weapon system.
[ N/A ] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed): No image.

The article has…
[ N/A ] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[ N/A ] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[ Y ] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[ Y ] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary

** This seems fairly open and shut. I would be surprised if an NTSE Mod had an issue with this launcher

I don't do it but I am probably going to start doing it, but find a youtube sound clip of the "Retort" of the weapon you are looking for and post it in, make it a clickable link. Merely a suggestion. I'm fairly sure that isn't against the rules.

As I stated elsewhere, for future reference, @Edto Xar'Sivaree the checklist found in the Guide for Submission Reviewers is (as far as I'm aware) supposed to be utilized by NTSE moderators only in order to prevent confusion regarding the identities of the aforementioned moderators.

As I stated elsewhere, for future reference, @Edto Xar'Sivaree the checklist found in the Guide for Submission Reviewers is (as far as I'm aware) supposed to be utilized by NTSE moderators only in order to prevent confusion regarding the identities of the aforementioned moderators.

I would say my use of the checklist and the guidelines is perfectly reasonable, given I have full understanding that what I say has no true bearing on the article's status, hence my making the "Status" section Not Applicable, because as a player, I have the right to make a personal review, but I do not have the ability to sway a decision for or against an article. I can merely use it as a set of guidelines to better narrow down what the site considers important and not important.

This is also not the place for this type of discussion. If you have an issue regarding my usage of rules and whether or not I have broken them, please start a Private Message conversation between you, myself, and Wes/Admins so that we may deal with the potential issue without sidelining the submission. You could alternativey, make a seperate thread in the site discussion board to get players voices on the question "Can players utilie the Reviewer guidelines for personal reviews"

Pricing doesn't need to be in a code format.

I don't think that Sky Guard can be manufacturers when their article says nothing about manufacturing.

"Discharging information:
Rate of Fire: Staggered fire, 3 round per second per cell.
Weapon Mechanisms:
Firing Modes: Salvo: Fires all missiles at once, Staggered fire: Fires three missiles per second per pod"

(Shouldn't discharge info be in line with the weapon mechanism firing modes i.e. include salvo firing mode as a rate of fire on discharge information?)

Please add periods to these sentences:
Retort: A “Fwooooosh” as each missile launches if observed from outside, a dull “Thmp” sound as each missile launches if observed from inside
Effective Range: 2.5km in atmosphere, 80km out of atmosphere

I'm updating the damage rating on this article, as apparently smaller missiles are able to do far more damage than this, which makes no sense. Either this missile does too little damage, or the smaller ones do too much. To err on the side of my own error, I will be fixing my own article so that it does more damage.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back