• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Ketsurui Dome

Yoerik

Inactive Member
Submission URL
https://stararmy.com/wiki/doku.php?id=location:ketsurui_dome
Submission Faction(s)
  1. Yamatai (except Elysia)
Submission Terms
  1. I agree
Hello SARP'ers,
Here is yet another great location to make Kyoto come even more alive. This time, it's a location where you can enjoy the galaxy's greatest bands rock on, Live Aid style. I was inspired by Bohemian Rhapsody, and made a concert dome.

For Reviewers:

• Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No.
  • Contains Links to Unapproved Articles? No.
  • Contains New Art? No.
  • Previously Submitted? No.
  • Checklist Requested? Yes.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is cool, but when I was reading it I saw that on opening night is was only Nepleslian bands. Right now, ICly, we are in the middle of a war in Yamatai and it feels like this dome would be a way to bring together the people of Yam- or at least an attempt to- but having only Nepleslian bands makes it feel like it's a random location that is just being thrown into the setting. Aethersperm under a diff more "PC" name like you have it is really cute and they're probably the biggest band in SARP, so I'd keep that imo, but the other couple were also Nep bands, and those should be changed imo. This is not a commandment though so feel free to let me know why you chose only Nep bands if it was intentional. I totally understand that there aren't as many Yam bands as Nep ones, though, trust me!

I think I noticed one word that was slightly confusing, so I will have to go back and look and ask you about that or fix it if it's obvious.

I have an idea which might help. You see, a large amount of Yamatai's musical talent is off fighting the war in the military...so why not have volumetric systems that allow for telepresence as well as advanced special effects and scene changes? Between the VCE for civilian telepresence and the Bunk Bed opening it to active service personnel as they sleep if the CO allows, perhaps something with that functionality could be included.

Actually, I first wanted to do it with Royals, but they're on indefinite hiatus so...Neps bands was all they could get. Also, I'd have to ask you @Ametheliana if I could get KOgama.

Also, I was thinking of this Holographic options. Like Tupac, or Michael Jackson, playing on stage. But I considered that if alive people were performing holographically, attendees would feel cheated.

Despite of course this being a sci-fi setting, I don't think people are waiting for artists to just sit in their lofty houses, wearing goggles, with all their fans also wearing goggles. This is a concert hall, for actual people! Listening to actual artists!

Yeah Akemi's band totally works, as well as maybe some randome flavor bands either of us or others can expand on later, but with the intention of them being BIG Yam names in the music industry.

I also totally think holographic presences of dead artists is gross and weird lmao so please don't add that because of something I asked >.<

A month ago, I asked Wes if Akemi would be drafted and he said no as Yam has clones @Toshiro so I think you may be overestimating the losses Yamatai is experiencing rn. I believe a bunch of pop acts right now in Yamatai would be about defeating enemies and looking on the past to conquer one's future amongst the stars and would-be evil-doers? We could talk more about it later or on discord tho idk.

Well, Akemi wasn't the pop star I was specifically thinking of who was still in the Army. The Sakura II's XO, Miyako, comes to mind.

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ N/A ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here are some fixes this article still needs:
  1. I have one minor request: Would you mind changing the Ketsurui Dome's opening date to YE 40, please?
When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ ✔️ ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores.
[ ✔️ ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template.
[ ✔️ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar.
[ ✔️ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate.
[ ✔️ ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels.
[ N/A ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern).
[ ✔️ ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ N/A ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ ✔️ ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Thanks again for submitting an article to the wiki! Time for some final steps for the reviewer...

[ ✔️ ] 1. State clearly that the article is approved in the submission thread
[ ✔️ ] 2. Move the wiki article to its permanent (destination) location on the wiki
[ ✔️ ] 3. Move the submission thread to the Approved Submissions subforum or get a moderator to
[ ✔️ ] 4. Edit the article to add a link to the approval thread in the OOC Notes section
[ ✔️ ] 5. Link other articles to the approved article as appropriate (equipment lists, etc.)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back