• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Ketsurui Samurai

Could think of it the same way as selling your history, culture, family tradition and techniques to whoever pays or ask. No matter if they're not from your nation or even a potentially hostile one that could use those against you and the clan or nation you're supposed to respect as samurai?

Wait, is that moral?

...these japanese yes/no videos feel like passive-aggressive answers to me. I hope this discussion can remain civil.

I am not Wes, but I do happen to have a position on that. Here it is:

I think being a Ketsurui Samurai is a bit like being a cook from a family restaurant, with recipes transfered from parent to child and refined through the generations. If you're a good friend that is unskilled at cooking, I likely would have no problem helping teach you how to cook. I'll share with you some useful tips and tricks. However, I likely won't share with you my grandma's secret spaghetti sauce recipe.

A Ketsurui Samurai would likely operate the same way; if they have valued relationship with someone from outside the clan.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back